MVP 12 crashes on a saved roster when using create/edit player

Seven7

I am coming back to the game after a while with it on the shelf and I am running into a problem when setting it up and am looking for a refresher.

I ran a clean install and patches 1-3.  I tested the game out there and it worked fine.  I installed the MVP 12 mod and I did not have the problem I ended up having.  I dropped Gordo's "2020 start of season v3" roster in and I could go in and move people around and save the roster.  However, if I load that saved roster and go to either edit or create a player it crashes the game.  I know I have seen this in the past and I think it might have something to do with cyberfaces?  I don't know though why since I didn't have a problem and the same players are still in the roster.

I am setting it up for my 13 year old and I just now realized he wasn't even born yet when this thing came out.

Thanks.

I wouldn't edit using the in-game editor.  Use MVPedit.  One way you could partially test if it is a cyberface problem is take 2 teams and reassigned all cyberfaces to somewhere between 901-915 (generic cyberfaces).  If you don't want to use MVPedit, you can change the numbers directly in the corresponding .dat file, but you'll be searching for 50 players.  Whichever way you do it, then take those 2 teams into an exhibition match.

11 hours ago, Gordo said:

I wouldn't edit using the in-game editor.  Use MVPedit.  One way you could partially test if it is a cyberface problem is take 2 teams and reassigned all cyberfaces to somewhere between 901-915 (generic cyberfaces).  If you don't want to use MVPedit, you can change the numbers directly in the corresponding .dat file, but you'll be searching for 50 players.  Whichever way you do it, then take those 2 teams into an exhibition match.

He should also check the manager face settings in MVPEdit.  Even if all the players have proper cyberfaces, the game will still crash if a manager is assigned a face that is not in the models.big file.

8 hours ago, Jim825 said:

He should also check the manager face settings in MVPEdit.  Even if all the players have proper cyberfaces, the game will still crash if a manager is assigned a face that is not in the models.big file.

So true.  Personally was never a big fan of managers' faces as you see them so infrequently in the grand scheme of things.  Matter of choice.

I think it was manager faces so that was a good call.   I went back to MVPEdit but ran into not being able to export into the database folder because I accidentally installed into Program Files (x86).  I just export to a temp folder and then move the .dat files.

Thanks for the help.

I've never imported directly to the database folder.  I always create a temporary folder on the desktop, zip the .dat files, then go to the actual database subfolder, delete the 19 .dat files and unzip my latest ones from that desktop folder.  It's also a way to can store certain rosters (however keeping in mind that if cyberfaces change for given players you could have mismatches).

Archived