Question for the Modders.......

Venger

Let me preface by saying that I have been thoroughly impressed with the work that a lot of you have done to keep MVP 2005 and the MLB 2K series alive. It is encouraging to see that people continue to promote their passions and have extended the life of the games.  

My Story.....

I purchashed MLB 2K10 for the PC a few years ago and still  enjoy playing it. Unfortunately for myself, the modding talent has moved on to the later versions and server migrations done in the past have led to the lost of mods that were in existence. In a desire to further extend my gameplay, I have finally concluded that I will need to find someone to create a custom mod for me to play.

Here are my questions?

1) Where could I begin to look for someone to undertake this task?

2) What would I need to provide (besides payment and customization information) to a potential modder?

3) What would be the requirements the potential modder should have? Years doing mods? Information about the mods they have completed? References? 

4) What other questions should be asked to a modder to possibly narrow down the selections (if there are more than one)?

5) Although this one is hazy, what would be an acceptable timeframe to expect the mod to be completed?

4 hours ago, Venger said:

Let me preface by saying that I have been thoroughly impressed with the work that a lot of you have done to keep MVP 2005 and the MLB 2K series alive. It is encouraging to see that people continue to promote their passions and have extended the life of the games.  

My Story.....

I purchashed MLB 2K10 for the PC a few years ago and still  enjoy playing it. Unfortunately for myself, the modding talent has moved on to the later versions and server migrations done in the past have led to the lost of mods that were in existence. In a desire to further extend my gameplay, I have finally concluded that I will need to find someone to create a custom mod for me to play.

Here are my questions?

1) Where could I begin to look for someone to undertake this task?

2) What would I need to provide (besides payment and customization information) to a potential modder?

3) What would be the requirements the potential modder should have? Years doing mods? Information about the mods they have completed? References? 

4) What other questions should be asked to a modder to possibly narrow down the selections (if there are more than one)?

5) Although this one is hazy, what would be an acceptable timeframe to expect the mod to be completed?

Are you wanting to purchase a copy of 2K12? I may have one copy left in my stockpile. I'll have to look.

That would be great, raidersbball20. It would open up a new world of gameplay for myself. 

That would satisfy some of my interest. But I would still want to have a custom mod developed along my particular  preferences. 

I am not sure if what I am looking for is asking too much or too little, Yankee4Life. Again, I understand the modders in here display their talents on MVP 2005 and it kills me that I cannot get the game to function on my laptop, despite reading the numerous instructions on how to get the game to work. Plus, my primary preference in playing 2K10 is My Career. I enjoy playing as one person and seeing what kind of stats I can compile.  

I also purchased SMB3 and love the aspect of creating your own league.  

I also play the modded games for Madden 08 for the PC. I have found those games equally enjoyable. Playing and enjoying those games are where my thought processes are coming from. That is why I am hoping someone can steer me toward the right direction.

That is a great way of putting it, Yankee4Life. 

I cannot begin to count the number of games and seasons I have played in Madden 08 since I purchashed in in 2008 and the additional amount counting the Madden series prior. And even though Madden has returned back to the PC, I am still loyal to the 08 version. It's replayability factor, mods on offensive and defensive schemes and variances keeps me playing it again and again. 

Baseball has a special hold on my heart because it was the first sports game that I played in which I invested myself in. I understand that this game is 11 years old, but I really do enjoy playing it. 

8 hours ago, Venger said:

That is a great way of putting it, Yankee4Life. 

I cannot begin to count the number of games and seasons I have played in Madden 08 since I purchashed in in 2008 and the additional amount counting the Madden series prior. And even though Madden has returned back to the PC, I am still loyal to the 08 version. It's replayability factor, mods on offensive and defensive schemes and variances keeps me playing it again and again. 

Baseball has a special hold on my heart because it was the first sports game that I played in which I invested myself in. I understand that this game is 11 years old, but I really do enjoy playing it. 

Madden 08 is what got me into modding! RIP Football Freaks.

Archived