The Return of the BSE.

I made a slight mistake when I was playing the game today. I said it would be the Red Sox at the Phils but when I got into the mod I wasn’t really paying attention and I played the Red Sox at the Yankees. I did not catch it until the fourth inning and then I just decided to keep on playing and then play the scheduled game with the Phillies after it. So there will be a double header posted in the next write-up and some may notice I used two different versions of the Mvp 2008 mod to play these games. Not many people realize that there were different ones.

The 2008 Boston Red Sox (2nd in the A.L East) vs. the 2008 World Champion  Philadelphia Phillies

Using the 2008 Total conversion mod (version 2) and played in Citizen's Bank Park, Philadelphia

Philadelphia Philliies 9, Boston Red Sox 7

WP: Roy Halladay  IP, 7 hitsd, 5 runs, 4 earned, 2 walks

LP: John Lackey: 7 1/3 IP, 12 hits, 6 runs, 2 K

Hitting Stars: Jayson Werth 4 for 5 and Chase Utley 3 for 5

Socking Red Sox: Jason Varitek, who hit a three run home run in the 8th inning to bring Boston within a run but Philadelphia pushed a run across in the bottom half of the inning and  Brad Lidge closed the door in the ninth.

Screenshots

BSE200801.jpg

BSE200802.jpg

BSE200803.jpg

BSE200804.jpg

BSE200805.jpg

Now here is the game I played by mistake.

2008 Boston Red Sox (2nd in the A.L. East) vs. the 2008 New York Yankees (3rd in the A.L. East)

Using the 2008 Total conversion mod (original version) and played in Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York

New York Yankees 10,  Boston Red Sox 3

WP: Andy Pettitte: 7 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 0 walks, 3 K

LP: Justin Masterson: 6 IP, 12 H, 4 R, 0 walks, 2 K

Bronx Bombers: A lot. Hideki Matsui 4 for 5, Jorge Posada, Bobby Abreu and Derek Jeter all went 3 for 5 and Xavier Nady hit two home runs.

Extra Special: Four different Red Sox hitters were hit by pitches in this game. (Jed Lowrie, Mike Lowell, Kevin Youkilis and of course David Ortiz)

Screenshots

BSE200806.jpg

BSE200807.jpg

BSE200808.jpg

BSE200809.jpg

BSE200810.jpg

BSE200811.jpg

The 1994 Boston Red Sox (4th in the A.L. East)  vs. the 1994 Texas Rangers (1st in the A.L. West)

Using the 1994 Total Conversion mod and playing in the Ballpark at Arlington, Arlington, Texas

Texas Rangers 3, Boston Red Sox 0

WP: Kenny Rogers 6 IP 4 Hits, 1 walk, 6 K

LP: Roger Clemens 6 IP, 9 Hits, 3 runs, 1 walk, 1 K

Save: Kevin Brown 4 IP, 3 hits, 0 walks, 2 K

Spreading the wealth in the Lone Star State: Five Rangers (Will Clark, Dean Palmer, David Hulse, Jeff Frye and Manuel Lee) each went 2 for 4 on the day.

Unlikeliest of heroes: Shortstop Manuel Lee, who drove in all three runs in the game and all off of Roger Clemens.

Before we go on with the screenshots here is another joke to tide you over.

Three baseball fans were on their way to a game when one noticed a foot sticking out of the bushes by the side of the road.

They stopped and discovered a nude female dead drunk. Out of respect and propriety, the Cubs fan took off his cap and placed it over her right
breast. The Yankee fan took off his cap and placed it over her left breast. Following their lead, the Red Sox fan took off his cap and placed
it over her crotch.

The police were called and when the officer arrived, he conducted his inspection. First, he lifted up the Cubs cap, replaced it, and wrote down
some notes. Next, he lifted the Yankee cap, replaced it, and wrote down some more notes. The officer then lifted the Red Sox cap, replaced it, then
lifted it again, replaced it, lifted it a third time, and replaced it one last time.

The Red Sox fan was getting upset and finally asked, "What are you, a pervert or something? Why do you keep lifting and looking, lifting and looking?"

Well," said the officer. "I am simply surprised. Normally when I look under a Red Sox hat, I find an asshole."

And with that, I better duck and run and get on with the game's screenshots. And remember, this is the BSE thread, where reality is checked at the door and you enter the world of my imagination.

Screenshots

BSE199401.jpg

BSE199402.jpg

BSE199403.jpg

BSE199404.jpg

BSE199405.jpg

BSE199406.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The 1971 American League Champion Baltimore Orioles at the 1971 Boston Red Sox (3rd in the A.L. East)

Using the 1971 Total Classics mod and playing in Fenway Park, Boston.

Baltimore Orioles 2, Boston Red Sox 1

WP: Dave McNally 8 IP, 5 hits, 1 run, 1 walk (intentional) 9 strikeouts

LP: Sonny Siebert 8 IP, 11 hits, 2 runs, 1 earned, 0 K

Save: Eddie Watt 1 IP, 0 hits, 1 K

The worst hitter in the Oriole lineup arguably had to be Mark Belanger. So naturally he went 3 for 4 with two doubles and 1 RBI to lead Baltimore's eleven hit attack. The Orioles had men on base in every inning but each time the Red Sox got out of it when Baltimore hit the ball hard but right at someone. Every single time.

Let's go O's: Merv Rettenmund, Boog Powell, Frank Robinson and Elrod Hendricks all went 2 for 4.

Ok, ok, you asked for it and you got it. Here's another joke.

A man walks into a pub in Boston, and asks the bartender "Hey, want to hear this great Irish joke?"

The bartender looks at him and responds "Sir, think about this. You are in a Boston pub, I'm sure about 80% of the people here are Irish. Do you really want to tell that joke?"

The man thinks about this and says "Oh, okay. I'll just tell it very slowly."

Screenshots

BSE197101.jpg

BSE197102.jpg

BSE197103.jpg

BSE197104.jpg

** Read this article right here as it goes into detail about the beaning of Tony Conigliaro. This beaning was in a video game and it hurt no one. Tony Conigliaro was never the same after being hit and in turn developed many health problems later in life. Not a happy ending here.