New non-shimmering grass texture!

Trues

oh man i wish i could get this fix to work for me...i think the grass in H's pic looks superb - more natural than rl if that makes any sense lol and a huge improvement over the glowing green i am currently dealing with.

has anyone else running a Geforce4 MX 420 through 3DAnalyze gotten this fix to work?

I am still getting shimmering grass although Trues fix is an improvement (ty trues) ....I have tried fooling around with different textures changing the "detl" file (as was suggested by paulw) in field0, field1 and field2 fsh files but for some reason it hangs up game after installing. Really not sure what I am doing wrong here. If someone could give me a quick tutorial it would be much appreciated. ty

I THINK this has been posted on the board somewhere, but if you can increasing your AA and AF settings of your video card higher, the "shimmering" grass goes away...it looks perfect afterwards.

That's not a fix for everyone unfortunately. Increasing anisotropic filtering to 8x didn't do much at all for me and jacking up anti-aliasing is a system hog that not everyone (myself included) can afford.

i checked my xbox and the grass detl is 256x256x24 and the sample size i d/l from the link is 256x256x16, i tried installing it but it locks up on loading, anywhere i could find a fsh file that has grass in 256x256x24, or what are peolpe using in modded xbox stadiums.

fixed my xbox shimmering grass by taking the grass out of "the_super's" arlinton park he made for xbox, i added it to sbc park, its a fair bit lighter than the default grass for sbc but it looks so much better and basically does away with all the shimmering, i'll do all the stadiums eventually.

Archived