New non-shimmering grass texture!

Trues

I've made a new grass texure that does away with the shimmering effect a lot of people are having a problem with.

The peoblem is each stadium has it's own grass texture so it would need to be installed for each stadium.

I like to have a few people test it out for me and see what they think and more importantly, how the game plays using it.

Let me know in this thread and we can go from there.

ok cool. Is the installation gonna be complicated? Cause i really suck using oedit and studio and mvpedit and all that. I always end up having to re-install the game

Hey you know that you can always just copy and paste the original files from the cd if you screw up and want to go back to the original.

Each park has three files related to the grass: Field0.fsh, Field1.fsh, Field2.fsh. Within these three files you will find the bitmap detl.bmp. As far as I can determine this is the offending file which causes the flickering. My quick fix has just been to replace detl.bmp with a nice simple grass texture. This has worked fine for me on every stadium I've tried. It worked good on Fenway. No more flickering.

Trues,

I just installed your Kaufman Stadium and there's no more shimmering... that's good... but that grass texture is a little, how can I put this (hehehe), too plain/spotty ;).

Is that the same one you're using for your Wrigley WIP??? I hope not :D... the one in Wrigley, at least from what I can see from your screenies, looks fantastic.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work... it's really appreciated.

Archived