answer mvp baseball sliders !!!!2k sliders-pro --all star

mlb.fans

Hi friends. I started playing mvp baseball after so long and I see that in the all star the game is a little slower, especially when hitting, it happens that in the pro mode it is a more precise swing, that is, smoother. what would be a better configuration slider for this mvp baseball
I would also like to know any slider for 2k12 mlb? the best ? that they have tried... my publications are to see what they suggest to me regarding my doubts, thanks

Do not bump your posts to get them to the top of the list. It is against website rules.

If someone has an answer they will post it.  Bumping  your post is not going to get you an answer any faster. In fact, it could get you suspended from this website if you do it again. 

53 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Do not bump your posts to get them to the top of the list. It is against website rules.

If someone has an answer they will post it.  Bumping  your post is not going to get you an answer any faster. In fact, it could get you suspended from this website if you do it again. 

I can help him Jim because he's such a demanding fellow and will probably go nuts if he doesn't get a response soon.

20 hours ago, mlb.fans said:

Hi friends. I started playing mvp baseball after so long and I see that in the all star the game is a little slower, especially when hitting, it happens that in the pro mode it is a more precise swing, that is, smoother. what would be a better configuration slider for this mvp baseball

My suggestion is to try DIFFERENT datafiles until you find one to your liking. I am not going to tell you to get this one or that one because sliders are a matter of choice and how you want to play the game. Jim825 makes some very good ones. So do Kumala and KSM as well as many others. It's up to you to and you alone.

20 hours ago, mlb.fans said:

I would also like to know any slider for 2k12 mlb? the best ? that they have tried... my publications are to see what they suggest to me regarding my doubts, thanks

Same thing for 2k12. I don't see sliders or datafiles there so you are going to have to something that the rest of the world refers to as WORK. That is, test out sliders on your game to see what works for you.  People can tell you how the sliders they have are but in the end it is up to you.

I am glad this topic came up.

I have been waiting to discuss this for a while but didn’t want to start it.

I will explain how I play,

But first,

To me there are the only two major issues with this game, without these two issues, the game would be a 100/100. Wish they had fixed this problem with one the 5 patches, but they never did.

It’s the slider issue, not gameplay that is excellent! The sliders, they didn’t give enough tweaking with some of the key ones.

Since its inception the sliders have almost always been a game killer, but the patches and the possibility of modding almost everything has kept this game alive for 17 years strong: like most EA Sports games from the same era. 

Nobody has ever been able to get the sliders right, I have tried every single slider ever created!

I have done some reading and I think people gave up trying to get this part of the game (Human vs CPU) to play both sides of the field like real baseball a long time ago.

Some sliders have mastered the (Human vs Human or CPU/CPU) and even the Sim game properly and have stats that show how accurate they are, but the only way I play which is against the computer has never been mastered.

Datfiles do play a big part, but the sliders are whole different animal, even though they do work hand and hand. 

Datfiles do change the gameplay and the better the datfile the better the ball physics and gameplay will be for sure. But even datfiles can't fix these two glaring problems that the Pro & All Star levels have, that must be hardcoded?

God knows I have tried tweaking both my sliders and Datfile countless times as well. Most the sliders, a smidge here a smidge there, until one day I realized, I don't think playing on just one level alone is possible to get an accurate version of baseball against the computer.

So below i am going to explain how i play the game with sliders from the Pro & All Star and what i do with them.

Pro Level:

To me is the best version of baseball that MVP 2005 offers, with one exception. The lack of power! The human player will almost never hit a home run, all weak fly balls, you are lucky if you can get warning track power out of some of the best hitters.

I always wondered if adjusting the rosters would help, but I don’t think it helps that much? I have set guys to nearly 99 for power and still wasn’t hitting home runs. The Pro level is just hard coded to play this way, I guess?

But pro has so many more positives to it.

1. The pitch count.

Yes, in real baseball players take pitches, swing and miss, go deep into counts and actually strike out swinging. You get all this from the computer in Pro Mode, something on All Star just doesn't happen frequently enough no matter what the sliders are set at.

On All Star the computer swings at everything, almost always early in the count, and hardly ever swings and misses, hits everything…..That's not baseball

Arcade baseball if that is what you like? But I came from High Heat 2002-2004 and that gameplay and ball physics was almost unmatched.

This is why I am an advocate of the Pro level. Which is great, when you are on defense and pitching; but then of course you have to hit! 

All Star level:

I have some pretty nice sliders for this level, for when I am batting. Pretty realistic, but then of course the next half of the inning I will have to go back on defense and pitch. Lol

So what I do, which is kind of crazy and extends games (I don’t know if others do this or have tried?) I switch back and forth from Level to level between every inning, yes it sucks and sometimes I even forget to do it, but you get used to doing it and it becomes part of your in-game routine.

When I am,

Batting: I use All Star level

Pitching: I use Pro Level

I get real nice game outcomes and pretty accurate box scores.

When you are not playing, this is your choice and what you think is best for sim games for your dynasty or season? I would probably go with All Star Level, seems more accurate when simming.

But I have never played a dynasty yet (Plan to start 3 different ones very soon). I am almost retired and will have the time.

But I have played hundreds of exhibition games, tweaking and tweaking, testing mods and patches, looking for crashes, yeah all that good stuff.

The beauty of this game

1.      It will let you switch in-game, some games don’t!

2.      The MVPoptions_Options.sav   Saves all the sliders for each level, making it easy to switch @ anytime.

Only negative to doing this, if you care about this kind of stuff, is when you switch levels in game it gives you some warning message, something about not giving you MVP points or something like that? I don’t care about that kind of stuff so it don’t bother me and with the game being 17 years old; does that stuff even mean anything anymore?

Well this is how I play, I hope you enjoyed the read and give it a try if you like.

Dirtdog

Archived