For those of you that have yet to see a player go tumbling..

RedSoxFox7

I made this GIF. I got robbed of what I thought would be a single through the infield instead Erstad made a fool of me and stabbed the line drive in the air for the out.

You can't really see the ball in this GIF, but it was either reduce the size to 320x240, or have a ridiculously large GIF, I chose the former.

rolling.gif

Just awesome!!! I love that this game has this. I have even seen fielders have a ball hit off the heel of their glove and they bobble it and catch it back in the glove and against their bodies!!!

There are some things that EA did a real good job with and this is one.

Yea, it's a cool feature. I hit a shot to right the other night and the RF hustled to cut it off from going to the wall. Unfortunately (for him), his momentum forced him into the roll and I was able to stretch it for a double. It was pretty sweet.

Yeah, the animations are really well done in the game, from the pitchers ducking to avoid a line drive in the face to the 1B tossing the ball fluidly to the pitcher running to first to players with too much momentum falling down. The animations are really well done.

It is definately a cool animation but I have run into situations where it has happened on a play when it shouldn't have. Once, while running in on a slow roller to third and another time on a slow roller where the second baseman was heading towards the hole. Both times the hitter was safe when they should have been thrown out, or at the very least had to hustle to beat it out. I have never seen a third baseman IRL charge a slow ground ball and roll unless they tripped. I can deal with the roll but it should have counted as an error.

The only thing that didn't work is when i hit a line drive and hits the pitcher. The pitcher feels no pain? He picks it up and throws it to second like nothing happens.

I did that to Casey Fossum in a game. Broke his arm, and was out for 45 days. Got a hit out of it too. The animation is him getting hit and then staying on the ground for a while.

The only thing that didn't work is when i hit a line drive and hits the pitcher. The pitcher feels no pain? He picks it up and throws it to second like nothing happens

I guess it depends on what the injury setting is on your sliders. I have had the pitcher get hit with the ball and he misses a start with various ailments. My injury for pitchers is on 15.

TobiasLS,

Wow, in 15??? If I set any of my injury sliders higher than +5, I'll require a fully fledge battlefield hospital in my clubhouse, hehehe... they drop like flies. That's at least my experience while playing at All-Star and MVP difficulties.

I'm loving all of the new animations, but there is one I really miss during quite a few games and thats the 3B backhand pickup and plant then throw. Its always been one of my favourite plays in baseball, especially when I was younger and watching guys like Caminiti just plant that back foot and fire laser beam shots to first on the weight shift.

Most of the time in my games it seems the 3B never seems to regain balance and instead makes a fall away throw to 1B. I manually have to let the momentum of the animation play out then move towards 1B and start making the throw.

I had a great one. First baseman caught a line shot on the line, reached around behind him without looking to tag the runner on first trying to get back. Unassisted double play.

Um, are you sure that was on purpose? I mean, sometimes the guy will reach for a line drive in any situation and just the speed of the ball makes his glove swing behind his back... know what I mean???

Archived