Did you create yourself in the gameWhat postion do you play?

mflv

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not yet, but I do plan too. Also, I'm not gonna be like the rest of you, and I know you guys won't admit it, and give yourself Bonds-like power, and Ichiro arms. I'm gonna make myself realistic, all the way down to my height, and maybe weight. Then I'm gonna test out free agency, and see how I do under the computers control.

Boy, that would make a great dynasty wouldnt it. :mrgreen:

No.

Thanks for sharing your highness :roll:

I'm usually at 2nd base...I try to be realistic but I'm short and fat now but my character is like 90 range, 90 field and 95 arm....gotta live the fantasy life. I too let the computer take control and see where I'd end up. Which is in Seattles AAA squad lol but someday he'll be money

I created my guy for the FF squad. He is a catcher living large at Class A ball, with the Tampa Yankees.

I chose them because, there hat says TY, which is my name.

He is realistic, but most people wouldn't believe it. When I was in hs, I had 4.5 speed (in pads).

I'm a AA shortstop in the Yankees' system. I figure I'll let Jeter live out his final glory years and then move on in when it's time for him to hang 'em up.

I try to be realistic with my abilities, but of course I have great potential! The only thing I fudge on is the age, because a 32-year old rookie playing AA ball does not have time on his side!

I going to create myself & a bunch of college teammates & friends. I haven't started my season yet Waiting to get my rosters (inc. totalminors) set. I'll scatter them throughout the game (AA, A) as prospects

However, since I played college ball (very sparingly, arm injuries) anyways, I played 2B & RP. Haven't decided which one position yet.

2B - I'm decent contact, great fielding, but weak arm (rotator cuff problems), little to no power, avg speed

<b>Edit</b> I'm actually a Switch Hitter, always batted from rightside until college, when I decided one day to bat from the leftside. I make more contact from right side, but more power from the left side (go figure, I just picked that up a few years ago).

RP - 4 pitches, obviously fastball, 85 (reallife topped out at 80 before injury), sinker (by far my pitch, think Derek Lowe), curveball (12-6 drop), circle change (working on this one when I got injured)

As for team, either Cardinals' Single-A (favorite organization) or the NH Fishercats (Toronto's AA), my hometown of Manchester (created Gill Stadium, too)

I screwed up my shoulder too, but the amazing thing is that after about 10 years of throwing in pain, last year it was healthy. That was frightening. So I happily bumped up my arm strength a little in the game to 75.

Thanks for sharing your highness :roll:

I'm usually at 2nd base...I try to be realistic but I'm short and fat now but my character is like 90 range, 90 field and 95 arm....gotta live the fantasy life. I too let the computer take control and see where I'd end up. Which is in Seattles AAA squad lol but someday he'll be money

The question was "Did you create yourself in the game", that was my answer. Where does "your highness" come into it?

1st base for Tampa Bay's A team, starting at the bottom.

Tried to make him as realistic as possible, and tried to project how I would of done, had I continued playing in college.

better than avererage contact, little power, slow, and excellent fielding.

When I was in HS...I did play C and 1st Base...so those are my two positions...my rankings were about where they were in HS....good defense...good arm....okay bat but not a lot of power or speed...I got me at my right age "25" with my right b-date "May 8, 1979"...switch hitter. Playing at Class A Palm Beach (because my father was scouted by the Cards until he left High School for the Marine Corps during Vietnam)

67, Pitcher, NY Yankees. Currently in AAA.

I modeled him after myself when I was playing through College.

4-Seam, 2-Seam, Slider, Circle-K.

I used a fork ball too, but I chose to leave it out of my character in the game. I'm going to bring myself up to spot start if El-BrokenBack Kevin Brown injurs himself (or anyone else for that matter), then bring him up for real in 2006 after I send Brown Packing.

Otherwise, I'm for the most part sticking (at least with the yankees organization to the real 2005 roster. Next year I'll screw around a bit.

Archived