Did you create yourself in the gameWhat postion do you play?

mflv

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I am a RF/LF for the Altoona Curve, #50. I bat from the right side and I am a pull hitter. So I made my power stats better against RHP but my contact stats better against LHP. I gave myself 4 star potential. I have a Larry Walker type build, not fat but not athletic either. I am not fast and need to work on my fielding. I have decent arm strength but need to learn some control.

HGT: 5'11"

WGT: 229

CON vs. RHP: 39

PWR vs. RHP: 47

CON vs. LHP: 51

PWR vs. LHP: 36

SPD: 51

BNT: 40

FLD: 55

RNG: 70

THP: 80

THA: 60

I've actually been creating myself in games for a while now. I started out with the Hardball series, then went to FPS: Baseball Pro '98, then last year was the first time I went with the MVP Series.

Through transferring attributes from one game to another I have been able to build myself up very nicely through the years. I started out playing 1B for the Dodgers back in the day, but FOX traded me to the Red Sox during the '98 season. I had a killer year that year using BBPro '98 and we wound up breaking the Curse that year - and the next.

I have to say that I enjoy playing MVP 2005 a lot better than any of the others I've played. The only downside is that now I'm suffering from "Bonds Syndrome". I get maybe two at-bats in a game and then my player gets intentionally walked. However I make them pay for it on the basepaths by stealing every chance I get. They don't expect a 38-year old power hitter to steal so my steal numbers are the highest they've ever been.

Boston Red Sox - 1B - #3

The face I choose for myself - it kind of looks like me in a way...

Joe%20Gandolfo-002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I made myself and my brother

Me: #59- Left-Handed Closer for the Binghamton Mets.

My pitching is pretty much what it'd be in real life...my stamina is 15 and my fastball speed is the lowest setting :-) I'm more of a changeup thrower :wtg:

Lil Bro: #33- Backup UTIL for Binghamton Mets

I put him in whatever position cept for Catcher...he's batting .232 with 2RBIs...w00t

his contact is a 22 and his power is a 25. :wtg: I think that's fair

AAA Louisville Bats

Number: 24 (Griffey's number with the M's)

Position: CF & RF

Pow vs. RHP 34

Cont. vs RHP 36

Pow vs. LHP 40

Cont vs. LHP 45

Speed 53

My birthday is the same.

its good to be a Reds AAA player because if i go to the MLB i can play with my favorite player :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived