Controller Issues

dmose

Hi I just started playing the game and am trying to use a wireless Xbox 1 gamepad using a wireless adapter. It works to navigate menus but not in actual gameplay. Does not work for batting, as if not connected. Can anyone advise, Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I'm back. Not meaning to impose but i have looked thru the support area and cannot find the answer to this. Please forgive if I have overlooked this but am not finding a solution. To reiterate am trying to use Xbox 1 controller with xbox wireless adapter on Windows 10 PC. It works with other games. In this game it will allow me to navigate thru the menus but will not function in actual gameplay or drills. I have tried both Classic and Total Control. Also, I have tried a wired Xbox 360 controller with exactly the same results. If anyone could give me some direction would be most appreciative.

11 minutes ago, dmose said:

Hello I'm back. Not meaning to impose but i have looked thru the support area and cannot find the answer to this. Please forgive if I have overlooked this but am not finding a solution. To reiterate am trying to use Xbox 1 controller with xbox wireless adapter on Windows 10 PC. It works with other games. In this game it will allow me to navigate thru the menus but will not function in actual gameplay or drills. I have tried both Classic and Total Control. Also, I have tried a wired Xbox 360 controller with exactly the same results. If anyone could give me some direction would be most appreciative.

I'm wondering, and this is just a guess, that maybe the wireless adapter for the X box controller does not work on Windows 10?

57 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I'm wondering, and this is just a guess, that maybe the wireless adapter for the X box controller does not work on Windows 10?

That’s possible. I use a wired XBox 360 Controller on my Windows XP PC when I play the game and it works flawlessly. 

Well, it gets stranger. My extent to playing the game so far has been to go into the Batting Drills section and the controller does not work. I can swing with the keyboard up key. So if I actually play a game the controller seems to work OK for batting and fielding functions. That seems very odd to me.

1 hour ago, dmose said:

Well, it gets stranger. My extent to playing the game so far has been to go into the Batting Drills section and the controller does not work. I can swing with the keyboard up key. So if I actually play a game the controller seems to work OK for batting and fielding functions. That seems very odd to me.

That I have to agree with. It really does sound odd. It makes me think that maybe something is off by just a little bit.

Xinput is natively supported in MLB 2K12, since I remember. I use to play with some old wired Xbox 360 gamepads with no problem. But I'm trying with an Xbox ONE gamepad, instead, in order to check what happens. If it doesn't work the right way, there are some Xinput wrappers that can help you.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:31 PM, dmose said:

What number is your controller in the game? I've had weird glitches where it will think I'm like Player 5 or whatever. You could just delete your user profile (which is what retains controller settings for you) and see if that does the trick. The file is located in

C:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves

Where I typed (your name) is your login name on the PC. The file is going to be a .cfg file I think in that folder.

One additional thing I forgot to mention is that you could update the controller firmware using the XBOX Accessories app on your machine.

Archived