Any MAJOR Improvements for 2005?

cbucki

My apologies if this has already been covered....

I have a "fully-modded" version of 2004 up-and-running, that includes all the stadium mods, and the inclusion of the Nationals.

Is there any benefit to getting MVP 2005, other than having the real RFK stadium? Specifically, gameplay improvements?

I don't see myself using "Create-A Stadium", and never play online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cbucki

My apologies if this has already been covered....

I have a "fully-modded" version of 2004 up-and-running, that includes all the stadium mods, and the inclusion of the Nationals.

Is there any benefit to getting MVP 2005, other than having the real RFK stadium? Specifically, gameplay improvements?

I don't see myself using "Create-A Stadium", and never play online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cbucki

I'd say that the only thing that you are missing out on is updated rosters throughout the season. I doubt that anyone will make an updated roster come opening day for 04.

get 2005. I think it's even better than 2004. It just has a more realistic feel to it - strike zone is much better, amount of pitches thrown, not so many crazy catches, BRILLIANT new fielding/batting animations, etc.

It's definately an improvement.

The additional sliders make the 05 version a huge improvement. The cpu ball freq., cpu swing freq., user and CPU foul ball freq are all great sliders to give the game a more real feel.

And yes the game play is much more realistic. There are bobbled pop ups, variable strike zones from game to game (as in real life with different umps)....you can tweak the sliders to get the CPU to actually walk you and you walk them...altough the walks are still too few without a modded datafile (spitoons is the best for me).

First graphical game I have ever seen successfully implement the first baseman as cutoff man on throws home! And, in addition, throw behind the runner at times if they take too big a turn at first!

The little things add up big time in this game..a brilliant on the field effort...

C

LOL! i hear you bro. between this, the game itself, school, and my part time job- i figure i probably spend about 12-15 hours a day in front of a pc screen. that's just an average some days more, some days less.

The additional sliders make the 05 version a huge improvement. The cpu ball freq., cpu swing freq., user and CPU foul ball freq are all great sliders to give the game a more real feel.

And yes the game play is much more realistic. There are bobbled pop ups, variable strike zones from game to game (as in real life with different umps)....you can tweak the sliders to get the CPU to actually walk you and you walk them...altough the walks are still too few without a modded datafile (spitoons is the best for me).

My Problem however is that even with the new sliders.....I get an unrealistic strikeout ratio (low)..I have seen no-one that has had a answer for this....

My Problem however is that even with the new sliders.....I get an unrealistic strikeout ratio (low)..I have seen no-one that has had a answer for this....

Keep playing, you'll get better. I am now getting anywhere from 5 to 12 strikeouts per game and walking 2-5 per game.

Spitoons datafile is very good to help increase your walks. Also, one thing I noticed with his datafile versus the others out there is that with his I can get the CPU striking out looking. With the others (and I played enough with each of them to know) I was lucky to get one strikeout looking in a game.

Like I said, keep practicing...at first I was getting 2 -5 Ks per game. Now I am getting better and mixing up pitches, working spots around the plate, etc. That seems to make a big difference...working the plate and batter.

I'd say that the only thing that you are missing out on is updated rosters throughout the season. I doubt that anyone will make an updated roster come opening day for 04.

Actually, I will. It will be like the 5th or 6th version of my roster. Too bad 2005 came out when I finally fixed the pitchers' deliveries and pitch motions. ;)

Archived