*Question Before I spend $100 on a 20 year old disk(s)

taber

Hey guys, just found this community and I love what I see in here. Vintage sports gaming keeps getting more popular (thanks to modern garbage) so its amazing seeing old games stay alive with mods.

So basically I just want to know if me buying a PC copy of MVP 05 for $80-$100 is worth the possible headaches. Im willing to tinker with windows versions and downloading random/sketchy programs, since i have 2 gaming laptops from 2013 and 2020. I was playing MVP 05 on the PCSX2 emulator, but i find it shuts down randomly if my controller moves off the USB port a touch, plus I WANT MODS.

I know you guys probably cant say "Yes or no the game will work/not work for sure", but are the odds in my favor if I buy the $100 disks and try them on Windows 7/8/10 on my 2 gaming laptops?

Thanks!

Best money you'll spend all year! I found this community in early 2020, just before the pandemic hit, and the enjoyment and fun this game and community has brought to my son and I can't be fully measured. The vintage mods are like going in a time machine. Well, well worth the money in my humble opinion! 

9 hours ago, Savoy Special said:

Best money you'll spend all year! I found this community in early 2020, just before the pandemic hit, and the enjoyment and fun this game and community has brought to my son and I can't be fully measured. The vintage mods are like going in a time machine. Well, well worth the money in my humble opinion! 

I'm glad you found this website too and I'm happy that you enjoy the work our modders do. The Total Classics mods are worth the price of the game itself.