My Bonds Cyberface!

squeegeedeadly

OK... let's do this:

1) What mods do you have installed that change the models.big file (uniforms, cyberfaces, bats, etc)?

2) Do you have a backup of the original models.big?

3) How are you installing the cyberfaces (please be detailed)?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, i have kc's total mlb unis, and the bonds cyberface by SD, which works. i have the original models.big

and the way i install the cyberface is following the readme. Open biggui, import the 3 files, compress, close biggui, open mvp edit and change face number. but when i go to the game, it crashes

That's good... now, here's an important question:

Are you doing the whole BigGUI process real fast? like importing and immediately compressing? I've found out that this program can really be a ***** sometimes.

The problem with it seems to be that it requires a certain amount of time to complete each task you ask it to do.

What do I mean with this? I'll tell you right away but before I do... PLEASE CLOSE ANY OTHER APPLICATION THAT COULD BE STRESSING YOUR CPU DOWN. An internet browser/IM program is OK and can remain open but please, close anything else.

OK, here we go... say you open the models.big file... my advice would be to wait 10-15 seconds (depending on the speed of your computer) to continue with the next task. After waiting that time, go ahead and import the 3 cyberface files you want to add. Then, once the program tells you that it has successfully added/replaced those files, wait another 10-15 seconds before doing anything else. Once that time frame has passed, go ahead and pick the 3 files you just added/replaced (which should be now showing NO under the 'Compressed' column). After you choose them, go ahead and compress them. Here's is for me the trickiest part of the whole process. Give it a full 20-25 seconds before doing ANYTHING else. After waiting for that long, check them to confirm that they are now compressed. Once you confirm that the 3 files are showing YES under the 'Compressed' column, go ahead and shutdown the program by clicking directly on the 'X' located in the upper right corner of its window. Don't do it the other way.

I know all this sounds weird and far fetched, but after many failed attempts and crashes, I decided to check for HDD activity during the time BigGUI was working on the files and afterwards... it was then when I noticed that my HDD activity led was still blinking for a good 10 seconds after having finished its tasks. After learning this, I decided to follow the instructions I mentioned before and hey, the ****** now works every single time I try to add a new cyberface.

Give it a try a please report back... and btw, one last tip, don't try to do more than one cyberface simultaneously... at least not for now... once you get a hang of the whole process, you can go ahead and try that out (but always remembering to keep a backup of your already modified models.big file).

Give me your e-mail and i'll send you a .rar that you extract to C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005data and you run install.bat. It will install both Bonds and Millar. Yesterday i had the same problem as you do.

There seem to be a problem with adding files to models.big with BigGUI that you dont have when replacing files.

Well, I guess Squeegeedeadly' solution can be a whole lot less stressful, hehehe... but just in case not everybody else provides you with such a helpful file, you can always fall back and try the BigGUI workaround I just gave you :D.

squeegeedeadly,

i'm getting a fatal error message when trying to run your batch file. i thought maybe i had a internal game problem, but i ran terminators' chavez batch and some uni batches i made, after i tried yours and they ran fine. anyone else having this issue? thanks.

You run it in your mvp baseball 2005/data folder?

Is your models.big in that folder?

The game, biggui and mvpedit must be closed before trying to run it.

Did you rename the c044 files to another number?

Is this the fatal error you get?

Fatal Error

-- couldn't open packfile 'models.big'

I tried doing this the squeegeedeadly command line way using eazip and gfxpak and it still refuses to work.

The commands all worked fine but my game just craps out whenever the player shows up. I have absolutely no clue what is going on here. I've been trying to get these cyberfaces to work for weeks, and it seems like nothing I do will get this to work.

I do not have the option of using MVPedit because it crashes everytime I try to import my roster files, so I can't touch the faces. I did the changes that squeegeedeadly reccomended with llmac's 3.5 update w/ Bonds and Millar cyberfaces, and still bupkes. This is driving me up the walls...

FWIW, in attrib.dat, I see the number 409 for Millar and 29 for Bonds on entry 10. What else can I do here?????

If it say 29 in your attrib.dat then you need to change my c607s to c029.fsh, c029.ord and c029.orl.

Copy this to notepad and save it as a .bat file:

eazip -c c029.fsh c029.ord c029.orl

PAUSE

gfxpak -p -real models.big c029fsh c029.ord c029.orl

PAUSE

Now copy the .bat file you created, eazip, gfxpak, c029.fsh, c029.ord and c029.orl to your mvp baseball 2005data folder and run your .bat file. Then go try Bonds in Homerun Showdown and if it work, do the same for Kevin Millar.

If it say 29 in your attrib.dat then you need to change my c607s to c029.fsh, c029.ord and c029.orl.

Copy this to notepad and save it as a .bat file:

eazip -c c029.fsh c029.ord c029.orl

PAUSE

gfxpak -p -real models.big c029fsh c029.ord c029.orl

PAUSE

Now copy the .bat file you created, eazip, gfxpak, c029.fsh, c029.ord and c029.orl to your mvp baseball 2005data folder and run your .bat file. Then go try Bonds in Homerun Showdown and if it work, do the same for Kevin Millar.

You are a god amongst men.

I have no clue why this did not work when I typed it out manually, but when I just created the .bat with the pauses in between, this all suddenly worked.

I did it with the 607 for Bonds btw.

You run it in your mvp baseball 2005/data folder?

Is your models.big in that folder?

The game, biggui and mvpedit must be closed before trying to run it.

Did you rename the c044 files to another number?

Is this the fatal error you get?

Fatal Error

-- couldn't open packfile 'models.big'

duh, sorry i've been losing it lately. i was extracting it to my main folder like i normally do. thanks, that did the trick looks great BTW.

I use BigGui without trouble. After I compress the files I always rebuild the models.big before use. I have created 12 personal cybers without any trouble. Oedit can be used to edit 2005 type cybers, but everytime I have edited a 2004 version (for 2005) it always results in a crash.

Archived