The High-Res Road Trip: New York, New York

Moser316

Start spreadin' the news, I'm leaving today

I want to be a part of it, New York, New York

--Frank Sinatra; New York, New York

316YankeesPreview.jpg

316MetsPreview.jpg

Had to get these done a day earlier than I originally said, since I'm going out to watch the alma mater kick Illinois' collective asses tomorrow night (I hope ;)). My next Road Trip release, which will feature the Phillies, Orioles, and Nationals is on schedule for next weekend.

Comments? Critiques? I'd particularly like to know how accurately I represented the Yankees navy, since I had gotten complaints about it in the past...

Good stuff... :D.

Moser, when and where will I be able to download your Reds unis?

They've already been uploaded to BBSC (along with the Tigers, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, and Mets), so they'll be available whenever the site gets updated (hopefully soon)...

not to be a [naughty word] or anything, what actually did you do to the unis?

Aside from the fact that the textures are now double-sized (a higher resolution than the previous stuff), I've put my own personal touch to these uniforms, not unlike what KC did with his stuff. Basically, I've always had a few problems with EA's uniforms (general accuracy notwithstanding, my main problem has to do with the intensity of their shade/shadows/highlights), and these are the way I think they should look. Not only are they more accurate, they look a hell of a lot better than EA's work. Also, if you look closely at the wordmark, I've used several techniques I picked up that make them look like embroidered tackle twill up close. Try them out and see for yourself...

Aside from the fact that the textures are now double-sized (a higher resolution than the previous stuff), I've put my own personal touch to these uniforms, not unlike what KC did with his stuff. Basically, I've always had a few problems with EA's uniforms (general accuracy notwithstanding, my main problem has to do with the intensity of their shade/shadows/highlights), and these are the way I think they should look. Not only are they more accurate, they look a hell of a lot better than EA's work. Also, if you look closely at the wordmark, I've used several techniques I picked up that make them look like embroidered tackle twill up close. Try them out and see for yourself...

Moser, what you should do is show examples of the previous version EA released and your own version so people can actually the difference when they immediately look at it. I myself can see it but I can understand others who don't.

I've released nine (Milwaukee through the New York teams), but I essentially have twelve done so far (which would include Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington). And after checking BBSC this morning, I've found that all my latest releases are up and ready for download...

Cincinnati Reds

Detroit Tigers

Toronto Blue Jays

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

New York Mets

Enjoy :D

Archived