1971-75 White Sox (2x) uploaded!

fizzjob

well funny story, i had to install them twice because fizzjob doesn't tell u which bmp corresponds to which uniform so for reference

the 0001.bmp corresponds with the u004c.fsh and f0004c.fsh

and the 0008.bmp corresponds with the u008c.fsh and f008.fsh

the 0001.bmp are the home

the 0008.bmp is the away.

by the way, u actually have to go through his whole installation process to finally get the uniforms in a folder, so when it tells u to pick a folder, that means "Where to extract the uniform files to?"

i pick c:temp, and then at the end, i uncheck the checkbox and i close the installation,open up the editor and install them in the extra slots.

excellent uniforms.

To clarify what's in the install package:

1) u004c.fsh, f004c.fsh, u004o.fsh & f004o.fsh - these are the uniforms themselves. The "c" set are the home uniforms, and the "o" set are the roads.

2) 0001.bmp and 0008.bmp - these are the preview pictures (0001 is the home, 0008 is the road).

The batch file, if run, extracts 004.fsh from the uniforms.big file and then extracts it using nfshtool (this is the first time you have to press Enter).

It then replaces the 0001 and 0008 bitmaps that nfshtool creates (which is why the installed BMP files are named as they are), and nfshtool rebuilds 004.fsh (the second time you have to press Enter).

The rest of it is standard gfxpak behavior.

I apologize if my readme isn't informative enough, I'll try to be a bit more clear in the future.

I'm glad y'all like the work, though!

when I install using Studio, the bmp supplied is some guy with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. This bmp also shows up on the uniform selection screen inside Studio. Is this going to actually make the real uniform in the game?

I only ask b/c I can't check myself - it's sort of complicated, but I have to run Studio from work and take any additions I make with me to my home PC, b/c for some reason my home PC wont run it.

Now that I'm thinking about it, that bmp only functions as a preview pic, so it has nothing to do with the actual unis, correct? I was just thrown off since it was the first bmp I had seen that wasn't a pic of the actual uni in the game.

yeah, it's just preview pic of the jersey. In game it's the correct jersey(granted you installed it correctly)I like it because it gives a sense of the era that those jerseys were worn. I even like the font you used in the preview pic. IMHO, nice touch! A break from the normal jersey preview screens. :D

The dude with a cigarette is none other than 1972 AL MVP Richie "The Board Software Thinks The Abbreviation He Used Is A Naughty Word" Allen.

Smoking.

In the dugout.

He's also juggling, but you can't really tell from the picture.

Archived