Audios: Name Broadcasting

Tony3

capa and emeyekayiee

I found the solution to the volume problem, it seems the ditty importer must use a different bitrate or sample rate or something because when I pasted together two names for a created player - "Jared Weaver" I had the same problem as you with the volume of the name being much too quiet when I re-imported from wav to asf.

But I used sx.exe from the other thread

with this command

sx -sndstream -.asf filename.wav

and the resulting asf-dat file worked perfectly matching the volume of the rest of the pbp commentary

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used sx.exe from the other thread

with this command

and the resulting asf-dat file worked perfectly matching the volume of the rest of the pbp commentary

great! i posted the same question on the other thread, asking if there is a command line to convert the wav files back to asf

great job hory! again, YOU THE MAN!

capa and emeyekayiee

I found the solution to the volume problem, it seems the ditty importer must use a different bitrate or sample rate or something because when I pasted together two names for a created player - "Jared Weaver" I had the same problem as you with the volume of the name being much too quiet when I re-imported from wav to asf.

But I used sx.exe from the other thread

with this command

Question - do you still need to run DittyImporter against the wav file or can you simply run sx.exe against the wav to create the asf...and then rename to a dat for inclusion in the game?

C

question

ok I take a sound file

xxxx.dat and convert it to a wav file

(sx -wave xxxx.dat -.wav)

the dat file was 13k is size

the new wave is 148k in size

I then take the new wave and convert it back to a asf file

the new asf is 40k in size

(sx -sndstream -.asf filename.wav)

why is the file now 40k when the orginal was 13k

what am I missing

I think we need another command to change the samplerate or bitrate of the created wav -> asf/dat to match those of the rest of the game, just I have no idea what that bitrate is..

but I've had no problems so far with any "oversized" dats/asf so far yet though

Archived