Audios: Name Broadcasting

Tony3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed the stadium announcer is silent when the batter comes to the plate. When the portrait number is set at 0 you at least get the position of the player announced.

AlexTony "The Man" is currently working on that part, trying to associate the last name announcement with the corresponding classic players.

Let's all give him a standing ovation!!! :)

Pleeez! not even

though, making some progress. goal here is to add maybe a total

of 30 - 40

this will not be anything brilliant but, thanks to the help of the 'Audio Guru'

Mr. Tony3, i may be able to get a FEW teams with 1/3 to 1/2 their lineup

(LAST names only) with audio

most teams will not have enough to make it worthwhile. simply, the

last name needs to already be there: johnson, white, etc and a few unique like

snider and a few more

then i will contact the fuzz man with the data. so possibly TCv3 or 4 will have

a few audios. NO promises gang. i am trying

once i get it down i may possibly recruit

Would it be possible to record our own audio files and then incorporate into the game? I am not sure what format the audio files are in that you are using in the game, but if someone were to record audio and save it in a similar format, could it be used in this fashion?

Would be great to record all the classic player last names names for the TotalClassic project. Possible? I know an announcer type guy who would do it...

C

Would it be possible to record our own audio files and then incorporate into the game? I am not sure what format the audio files are in that you are using in the game, but if someone were to record audio and save it in a similar format, could it be used in this fashion?

You just have to record them into .wav , .mp3 or similar format for ditty importer to convert.

It's not that hard to convert and import into game, AlexTony can do that, too. Right now some audio can be imported from MVP04, but that's it, can't go any further without the recorded audio file. still look forward to someone to upload the audio stuff.

So why don't we make a list of all the names and figure out how much it would cost to get an announcer to announce them? Preferably someone who can come close in sound to the voice already in the game. Let's make as complete a list as possible, and pay someone for an hour's work through contributions.

Oh wait I'm broke again, well, YOU guys donate, haha.

Seriously if we give a complete list, it's an hour's work to read it if you have access to a recording studio.

I know a guy that would record the names...but you are right...it might take some compensation. It can be done on home equipment and burned to a CD or 2. If you guys organize the details, I'll get the guy and set up the recording. I assume we are talking about the TotalClassic players only?

C

Hey guys, please contact AlexTony first, he's doing the audio importing stuff right now!!!

and btw, in case you guys are interested:

xxxxc.dat is for Kuiper's fullname calling such as:

1. stepping in Barry Bonds

2. up next Barry Bonds

3. the next batter is Barry Bonds

4. next at the plate Barry Bonds

5. next stop Barry Bonds

xxxxd.dat is for Kuiper's last name calling such as:

1. Bonds steps into batter's box

2. Bonds comes to the plate

3. Bonds steps at the plate

4. Bonds makes his way to the plate

5. Bonds is next

xxxxa.dat is for Krukow's last name calling

That's what I thought so far :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Based on Tony3's findings I have started work on editing pbp audio files for the rosters much like AlexTony has done for Total Classics

so as well as the 'hidden' PA name annoucements we are using for players with audio/photo id #s 2666-3228, I am making it so the pbp announcers will say the last name of created players who have the same last name as a player already in the game, for example

for Tripper Johnson of BAL-AA annoucer will now say

"Johnson hits it into left field" "Johnson steps into the box" etc as well as the 'hidden' pa audio we are already using for him "Now at the plate, Tripper Johnson"

so far I have done names like Johnson, Rodriguez, Moss, Jones, Miller

When I've done a few more, I'll upload the audio as a easy to install .big file to the site and let anyone who's interested try them out.

A geat news from Hory!!

I really look forward to this upload, 'cause there's no time to do it myself.

There's still stuff I can help. :wink: Here's a list of the mismatched announcement:

3001 Jai Miller (Altshuler)

3002 Tony Miller (Banting)

3003 Zach Miner (Barcik)

3004 Pat Misch (Bignell)

3005 Lee Mitchell (Brady)

3006 Scott Moore (Buchwitz)

3007 Alex Morales (Bullock)

3008 Jose Morales (Chase)

3009 Javon Moran (Chi)

3010 Carlos Morban (Dang)

3011 Edwin Moreno (Davison)

3012 Nyjer Morgan (Dewar)

3013 Juan Morillo (Dickenson)

3014 Carlos Morla (Driediger)

3015 Mike Morse (Fukuda)

3016 Charlie Morton (Gage)

3017 Matt Moses (Graham)

3018 Steve Moss (Gray)

3019 Tim Moss (Guan)

3020 Bill Murphy (Guevara)

3021 David Murphy (Rader)

3022 A.J. Murray (Herbstreit)

3023 Matt Murton (Hilson)

3024 Ricardo Nanita (Houng-Lee)

3025 Miguel Negron (Kato)

3026 Brad Nelson (Keating)

3027 John Nelson (Lam)

3028 Jon-Michael Nickerson (Leigh)

3029 Fernando Nieve (Letts)

3030 Sandy Nin (Lew)

3031 Dustin Nippert (Linaker)

3032 Ricky Nolasco (Lomaszkiewicz)

3033 Leo Nunez (Lott)

3034 Ivan Ochoa (Luris)

3035 Trent Oeltjen (Magolan )

3036 Scott Olsen (Makita)

3037 Dan Ortmeier (McDonagh)

3038 Chad Orvella (McRae)

3040 Chris Oxspring (Mori)

3041 Enemencio Pacheco (Muoio)

3042 Jim Paduch (Nakis)

3043 Lou Palmisano (Rahal)

3044 Nathan Panther (Rodgers)

3045 Jon Papelbon (Sanderson)

3046 Zach Parker (Sheth)

3047 Manny Parra (Shim)

3048 Rhett Parrott (Sidhu)

3049 Xavier Paul (Stayer)

3050 David Pauley (Taha)

3051 Felipe Paulino (Talbot)

3052 Thomas Pauly (Travica)

3053 Kyle Pawelczyk (Unger)

3054 Tyler Pelland (Weir)

3055 Brayan Pena (Yamashita)

3056 Carlos Perez (Yip)

3060 Nick Pesco (Satoh)

3075 Josh Rainwater (Kram)

3088 Juan Rivera (Morimoto)

3117 Dane Sardinha (Regan)

3120 Jay Sborz (Brink)

3122 Travis Schlichting (Derksen)

3134 Alfredo Simon (Quintana)

3146 Brian Snyder (Berrie)

3156 Wardell Starling (Sharif)

3165 Kelly Shoppach (Gerussi)

3166 J.T. Stotts (Francis)

3169 Antonio Sucre (Deas)

3178 Brad Thompson (Burton)

3183 Scott Thorman (Yoshida)

3197 Brandon Watson (Lucas)

3209 C.J. Wilson (Watanabe)

3212 Neil Wilson (Moriyama)

3227 Joel Zumaya (Dohan)

3228 Alec Zumwalt (Basi)

btw, I've updated my ID list, too. see http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...er_ID#dldetails

7. use file editer such as UltraEdit to edit 0092c.hdr and change the Hex strings 1B08 (ASCII 2075) into 5C00 (ASCII 0092), Very Important!!!

im getting stuck here, opened it with hexeditor, but dont see what i should change. i tried opening it with ultraedit too, still dont see where i should make the changes.

Great!!!emeyekayiee, gradually you will become a master, too, just like Hory and AlexTony. (And you'll be introduced to Jedi Council as well. :wink: )

btw, did I say that I'm also a giants fan?

Go Giants :lol:

i was able to cut and past parts of other players names to create my full name in the game.

my first name is mike, and my last name sounds like "win". so i recorded kuip saying michael barrett and randy winn, then cut and pasted them together.

to record, i directly connected the output to the input on my soundcard. the sound was loud and clear in my wav editor, but when i converted the file with the ditty importer and stuck it into the game, the sound was significantly softer than the other PBP sounds.

so i increased the amplitudes on my wave files, but when the desired volume was reached, the sound quality was distorted.

has anyone else tried something similar to what i did and achieve a better result?

btw, did I say that I'm also a giants fan?

Go Giants :lol:

its been tough, but the bullpen is getting comfortable, and they are the key this year to keep pace in the weak NL west.

go gigantes!

Interesting...my friend and I are recording last names to be included with the Total Classics project. Same issue. He recorded the wavs, we converted with DittyImporter and got them into the game. Sound is very very low. I was going to have him go back and record them again at a higher volume level, but if what you are saying si true, that won't help. Hmmm... maybe it is just finding the correct volume input level? That or finding a 64 track recording studio somewhere...

; )

C

Is it possible for me to make a request of name recording? 8)

There are really some players that I want to hear in game.

kruk and kuip calling john buck (royals) "brown"

don't know what you mean, 1572c.dat "John Buck" can be heard clearly in game, at least in my Royals game. :?

don't know what you mean, 1572c.dat "John Buck" can be heard clearly in game, at least in my Royals game. :?

hrmm...are there different programing files for "at bat" and "play by play"? they get it right when he comes to bat but it's when he puts the ball in play that "brown" surfaces...

i just ask because i've noticed it since i bought the game so it's nothing i downloaded that maybe changed something. hell maybe i got a rare mistake copy of the game and it's worth hundreds of dollars :mrgreen:

I was going to have him go back and record them again at a higher volume level, but if what you are saying si true, that won't help. Hmmm... maybe it is just finding the correct volume input level?

i was recording from the game, but since you guys are recording your own voices, you may have more control over the clarity at higher volumes.

but when you listen to the original WAV files, theyre loud and clear right?

i wonder if the people who imported music have the same problem with the lowered volume

is there a program that converts asf files back into wave files? that would make it easier to take names from the game and cut them up.

is there a program that converts asf files back into wave files?
It's a command line program called "sx.exe", refer to what UncleMo said: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...39&start=15

hrmm...are there different programing files for "at bat" and "play by play"? they get it right when he comes to bat but it's when he puts the ball in play that "brown" surfaces...

You're right, 1572d.dat is "Brown", but 1572a.dat is "Buck", no idea why, probably just a mistake, as my list shows #1571 is for "Jeremy Brown".

http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...er_ID#dldetails

Archived