Audios: Name Broadcasting

Tony3

If you guys have downloaded my Test Audio for Bonds, tell me whether it works.

guys, if you want the name to sound like it's in a stadium, use a freeware program called Audacity.

sounds cool, but I definitely won't record myself. :wink:

Now I plan to add all the non-MLBPA players to the game and will make all the necessary *.hdr files for use, but volunteer is needed to record all the announcement into *.wav or *.mp3 format, so I can make them *.dat files.

Any volunteer? :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we could piece together most names using player A's first name and Player B's last name

have thought about that, just no idea how to mix it.

If you guys might be satisfied by surname broadcasting only, I think I can do that, but I can't find the default surname file for Bonds, Millar, Lidle, Herges, Spencer,Menechino, etc, not even close announcement.

Now I plan to add all the non-MLBPA players to the game and will make all the necessary *.hdr files for use, but volunteer is needed to record all the announcement into *.wav or *.mp3 format, so I can make them *.dat files.

Any volunteer? :)

haven't downloaded the file yet i will later.

is there any way to capture the audio from last years games for any of these guys? using software or a tape rcorder - whatever, then converting them and importing into this years version? seems like it would be possible and maybe even sound a lot cleaner than using someone here as a voiceover. would work the same way anyway once you have the audio file, wouldn't it?

Yer, tha's what I was thinking as well, surely we could at least get the dat/asf file out of 2004 and play it with the ditty importer and record it to wav

another idea is we could use the mlb.tv archives to get a proper commentator saying the name.

I would volunteer to do the voiceover myself but my New Zealand accent would sound stupid and out of place in a baseball game.

Yer, tha's what I was thinking as well, surely we could at least get the dat/asf file out of 2004 and play it with the ditty importer and record it to wav

another idea is we could use the mlb.tv archives to get a proper commentator saying the name.

I would volunteer to do the voiceover myself but my New Zealand accent would sound stupid and out of place in a baseball game.

LOL! yeah it would seem possible to me although it's not my area of expertise. some type of audio capture software equivalent of say fraps for video. just let it run for say bonds while playing 04. take the captured audio file convert and import in. not sure how many of these guys names would be announced in 04, i gave my copy to a coworker since i got 05.

EDIT - or fives idea above would work. whichever would create the cleanest sounding sound bytes.

Tony3,

Here's a thought:

Why don't we solicit those that wish to try and imitate the current announcers voice in the game (can't recall the announcers name - Kuiper I think) and provide them a list of 10 sur names or so (could be both first and last name if you think that would be best - but sur names can potentially apply to more players).

Then they can create a sample .wav file with them announcing these 10 or so names.

Those samples can be presented in this thread for all to listen to.

Then we conduct a vote to see which one is the best of the lot at which time we award them the opportunity to be the official MVPMods added voice in the game.

All of this could be done without naming who has done which .wav file until the final votes have been counted.

For winning this contest everyone that cares to can make donations to that individual for his time, effort and talent to produce a final list of names .wav files that will eventually be modded into the game.

This would provide a Standard Mod approach for all of us to enjoy.

Then contributions can be made to you to take these names and provide a total mod for all to enjoy.

...... Just a thought on how we might approach working together on something as significant as this.

Thanks,

Don

Great idea!!!

Is it possible for you or someone else willing to incoporate this project? don't know anyone is interesting, tho.

And you go ahead to provide a list of 10 sur names for us to create sample.wav, I love to see lots of contenders joining this contest. :)

In fact, It's "Barry Wesson"

I didn't make the "Bonds" voiceover myself as I have no intenion of doing that great project, just make it for a templet, so I use the default player instead.

Again, I know how to add a audio and like to share with you guys.

As to making the players' voiceover, you guys have to wait for "The One". :wink:

(btw, Game crashes all the time during my testing, make sure you have these files matched.---

For broadcaster's announcement, see dataaudiospch_pbppnamehdr.big

or dataaudiocdspch_pbppnamedat.big

Good Luck

maybe you could import John Franco as well since he was announced last year?

John Franco is in the game, just set his ID to 281, and use the stock portrait, audio.

If you guys want audio imported from MVP 04, post here, Test Audio Part IV might be coming soon, who knows. :wink:

btw, Audio for Bonds V3 is updated, broadcaster use fullname this time.

I'm creating portraits for classic teams and I've noticed the stadium announcer is silent when the batter comes to the plate. Is there anyway I can link my portraits to the same one that you get if there is no portrait at all? When the portrait number is set at 0 you at least get the position of the player announced.

Archived