Audios: Name Broadcasting

Tony3

First all, I am talking about the broadcaster's announcement, not stadium announcement.

(For stadium announcement, see dataaudiospch_papnamehdr.big

or dataaudiocdspch_papnamedat.big)

For broadcaster's announcement, see dataaudiospch_pbppnamehdr.big

or dataaudiocdspch_pbppnamedat.big (players name)

Here's the ID system in these files.

3001 (Altshuler) ~ 4499 (Jansen) : Old Fake Surname Announcement (from 2004 data)

4504 ~ 4522 : New Fake Surname Announcement (Added 2005)

4523 (Bobby Bath) ~ 4550 (Julian W-Vaughan) : New Fake Fullname Announcement (Added 2005)

5001 (Felipe Alou) ~ 5031 (Ned Yost) : Managers' Fullname Announcement (no idea if this is a useful section for anyone except AlexTony :) )

And the full list for fake fullname announcement:

4523 Bobby Bath (Ervin Santana)

4524 Roger Chamberlain (Damian Miller)

4525 Harold Chaput

4526 Mike Choi

4527 Victor Chow

4528 Randy Cody

4529 Daniel Doluntap (Felix Pie)

4530 Neale Genereaux (Ron Mahay)

4531 Pablo Greenham

4532 Shawn Klann (Ian Stewart)

4533 Ju-Lian Kwan

4534 Simon Lu

4535 Tony Lurie

4536 Rob McInnis

4537 Justin Price

4538 Chris Rae (Ryan Sweeney)

4539 Tim Regel

4540 Robin Salkeld

4541 Kartik Saranathan

4542 Jason Scott

4543 Jeff Sharma

4544 Daryl Smith (Jamie Walker)

4545 Kraig Smith

4546 Randy Stayer

4547 Scott Venema (Kerry Ligtenberg)

4548 Yvan Vuu Carinha (Larry Broadway)

4549 Kevin Wafer

4550 Julian W-Vaughan

The only way I know of testing the broadcaster's announcement is to listen in the game. Not a easy task, 'cause Krukow usually cut in when there's supposed to be name announcement in batting. Need help for fake surname IDs 4504 ~ 4522, still no time to listen.

Most of you probably know that there's conflict between stadium and broadcaster's announcement for IDs 3001 ~ 3228. For example, stadium announcement of ID# 3005 can be heard for Lee Mitchell based on DMZ's list, but the broadcasting of ID# 3005 goes to "Brady". Still there's no big deal for this conflict because of Krukow's voice.

For the use of the fake surname to the best, perhaps IDs 3240 ~ 4522 can be assigned for modders to utilize, so the last name broadcasting can be heard in the game, just like:

3655 Campbell, Jarrett (FLA A)

3838 O'Connor, Michael (MON A)

4161 Brinkley, Dante (NYM A)

4314 Pierce, Whit (BAL A)

4325 Soto, Darwin (SEA A)

4499 Jansen, Archi (ATL A)

Thanks for you guys' excellent works.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy told me that he can replace the existing announcement in the "pnamedat.big" file with his own recorded voice. I think that really makes sense, so here's what he said:

1. Using Ditty Importer to convert any recorded MP3s, WAVs into ASF audio format

2. Changing the *.asf file into proper ID# like xxxx.dat for stadium announcement

3. Using EAGraph or BigGUI to replace the existing .dat with created xxxx.dat

And now stadium announcement can be changed in this way.

For broadcaster's announcement, the .dat format differs slightly.

1.xxxxa.dat --- Krukow's surname announcement

2.xxxxc.dat --- Kuiper's fullname announcement

3.xxxxd.dat --- Kuiper's surname announcement

As I said, there's conflict between stadium and broadcaster's announcement for IDs 3001 ~ 3228, now it's possible to change that broadcaster's announcement to match the stadium announcement.

As for the nonexisting audio ID# like 0092 (Barry Bonds), 0583 (Kevin Millar), still need time to figure out that part.

I guess you can interpret that way, but limit only to change of audio files, not even to extract, still no idea what program can play the xxxx.dat format. I've tried the Win Media Players, Winamp, just no no. :?

I mean the "pnamedat.big" file can be extracted into numerous xxxx.dat files, but only weird sound can be heard in these .dat format files with Ditty Importer.

I guess that this format is encoded to prevent from direct use.

Now extracting is still a issue to solve, but to replace the audios for existing ID# is possible thru the way I said earlier. (of course, you have to record the desired announcement youself :) , got confidence in your own voice? 8) )

I'm talking about the Name auido change only, pal, don't get too excited.

Currently I'm switching the players' default announcement for each other, or making them all annnounced "Jason Schmidt". Man, that was fun. :wink:

Go Giants!!

Is there anyway to produce a listing of all the last names they announce in the game? I've been searching for this since last year without any luck.

What I would like to have it for is to determine which portraits to place in the oldtime rosters since when using a portrait it eliminates the announcer from announcing the last name if in fact he did announce it before. With such a list I could at least put portraits in for those players that name will never be announced regardless.

Thanks,

Don

I don't think AlexTony has it as he and I speak fairly frequently and have discussed that specific list numerous times. If you could either email me that last name in the game list ( stecropper@aol.com ) or tell me how to produce it from the game it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

EASports Play-by-play Viewer

Features

* Opens play-by-play files for NHL 98 - 2004 / NBA Live 2001 - 2003.

* Add your own commentary to the game or replace existing ones.

* Delete commentary lines completely if they annoy you.

Download

This project is in beta state. A lot of things might not work and the interface is not very trivial to understand! Read the help file thoroughly before attempting to use it! Download at your own risk:

EASports Play-by-play Viewer 0.3.10.11B (1.41 MB).

PBPImport

Description

Command-line batch play-by-play import utility for NHL series. Does not yet support NHL 2004! It is part of Play-by-play Viewer package.

Download

PBPImport 3.1 (154 KB).

You guys should take a look at this and see if it helps at all.

http://suchy63.rhlmod.ru/utils.html

Hi sa_sba

I've download the app. (for NBA & NHL), and what the author (suchy_63) stated really make sense:

"A single play-by-play sound in any EA Sports game is composed of two elements header-file and data-file. Data-file (usually extension *.dat) is the simplest of the two. It is just a sequence of sounds encoded in EA Sports ASF format representing these samples of play-by-play. Header-file (*.hdr) is more complex despite its small size comparatively to the data-file. It contains the information need for the game to find the specific sample in the data-file. There is a record of each sample in the header-file that contains its offset in the data-file as well as PBPType of this sample. PBPType is what determines during which situation the sample will be played by the game. If there are several samples in play-by-play sound that have the same PBTType, the game will choose randomly between them, creating a diversity in commentary so that whenever the goal is scored, the commentator doesn't always say the same thing. PBPTypes vary from version to version, from game to game and even within the same category of play-by-play sounds."

"Usually all header-files and all data-files are separately stored in an archived file. PBPViewer uses the term index-file to refer to the archived file containing all the header-files. It is the index-file that you will need to open through File/Open in order to browse the play-by-play of the game."

I guess the file dataaudiocdspch_pbppnamedat.big contains all the *.dat Data-files, and the file dataaudiospch_pbppnamehdr.big contains all the *.hdr Header-files.

but still no idea how to add a new player's audio anyway :? , in case you have any knowledge of this kind, please show the way to us MVP Baseball fans.

Thanks

After long long testing, I finally figure out how to add a new audio for players like Barry Bonds, Kevin Millar, Damian Miller, etc.

Don't know how many times it crashes, but I did it!!! :D

Here's the steps: (0092c the fullname file for example)

1. record broadcaster's announcement as 0092c.wav

2. convert 0092c.wav to 0092c.asf with sx.exe

3. rename 0092c.asf to 0092c.dat

4. open dataaudiocdspch_pbppnamedat.big with EAgraph or BigGUI and import 0092c.dat

5. open dataaudiospch_pbppnamehdr.big with EAgraph or BigGUI and extract any xxxxc.hdr (2075c.hdr for example)

6. rename this xxxxc.hdr to 0092c.hdr for fullname announcement

7. edit 0092c.hdr with HexEditor and change the Hex strings 1B08 (ASCII 2075) to 5C00 (ASCII 0092), Very Important!!!

8. open dataaudiospch_pbppnamehdr.big with EAgraph or BigGUI and import 0092c.hdr

Same steps for xxxxd the surname file (and stadium announcement also)

In case some of you might want to get a taste of the audio, I've uploaded the Test Audio for Bonds, http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...Bonds#dldetails

just add the 0092c.dat 0092d.dat into dataaudiocdspch_pbppnamedat.big and 0092c.hdr 0092d.hdr into dataaudiospch_pbppnamehdr.big and you can hear "Barry Bonds" in game.

Wow I am so excited. This is a great find by U guys.

Now we can add all the old time roster and have their name called.

Oh man this is the greatest game on earth or what?

out of the box really good game. once in our hands here THEN it starts to become great!

guys, if you want the name to sound like it's in a stadium, use a freeware program called Audacity. You can add different effects to any audio and it's great for making it sound like it's in a stadium instead of someone speaking into a mic in front of their PC. :lol:

I used it for ESPN Football for music ,etc on my XBOX and with a little tweaking with the premade effects it sound like the music is being played through the PA of the stadium.

try it out....

Now, if only we could find a way to get into the MVP '04 files, and get the audio from these missing guys

no idea how to get into MVP 04, there are not any files named "pnamedat.big"

it also looks like teams name are in the same format as player names

you're correct, Sir.

Archived