For you stadium modders...

capa

Question: is it possible or a worthwhile effort to even make oldtime versions of the current MLB parks where applicable to go hand-in-hand with the Total Classics? I mean, maybe a 1970's version of 3 Rivers...or a 70's version of Veterans'. How about a 1960's version of Shea? Probably just mostly changes to the ads in the stadium. Things like that in addition to the great work you guys are doing on the Polo Grounds, Ebbets, etc...

Does this intrigue anyone?

Question: is it possible or a worthwhile effort to even make oldtime versions of the current MLB parks where applicable to go hand-in-hand with the Total Classics? I mean, maybe a 1970's version of 3 Rivers...or a 70's version of Veterans'. How about a 1960's version of Shea? Probably just mostly changes to the ads in the stadium. Things like that in addition to the great work you guys are doing on the Polo Grounds, Ebbets, etc...

Does this intrigue anyone?

You know what would possible to make into 3 Rivers?And I was thinking this too...The Vet since they both got the classic cookie cutter shape.

I have a question that is a variation on oakfan's. I basically agree with many of the people who complain about lack of color in the old parks, but I kind of like it too and leave it. However, Crosley Field has BEAUTIFUL dusk lighting. In the other parks at dusk, the sky looks like sunset and is nice, but the lighting is not as pronounced as in Crosley Field. In movies, they try to shoot dramatic outdoor scenes at sunrise or sunset, it's called, "magic hour" because of the lighting and how much more awesome it comes out looking on screen. Crosley Field is in "magic hour," and it's my favorite old-time stadium because of that.

So my question is:

HOW DID THEY DO THAT? And is it moddable? Can that lighting be applied to other ballparks that have a "dusk" setting, like the Polo Grounds? I am requesting info to create a "magic hour" mod, or for someone else to do this, I guess. Is this a complicated thing or an easy thing? Does anyone know?

EDIT: Is there a better folder for me to post this in?

EDIT EDIT: Also in reference to oakfan's post, I would love to have an October version of Yankee Stadium, with decorations and fan's signs hanging from the upper decks, like "WE HEART JETER" etc. Maybe I can learn stadiums after faces.

I try to make a stadium fit into a certain time period. A 1920's Yankee would be very different from the Yankee I've worked on (about 1940-1960 or so). These parks did change a lot over time. I pick time periods that are my favorite - the "When it was a game era". I think the same stadium from different eras would be worth it but only for a fairly large difference in time.

The stadium I'd still really like to see - and I can't do a decent job on cause I **SUCK** with OEdit- is a 1945-1965 version of Fenway.

When it was a game era, huh? Might as well cross out the whole 1980's decade.looooOL

I LOVED the 80's but I lived the 80's (actually REALLY lived the 80's). Went to about 10 games at County Stadium in 1982 when the Brewers won their only pennant. Favorite game - Friday night in August - Ricky Henderson ties Lou Brock's single season stolen base record. It was on a pick-off play by Mike Caldwell in the top of the first. I can still see the "Run, Ricky Run!" banner on the back of the bleachers. God - I loved the 80's. 8)

Archived