1964 Kansas City Athletics Uniforms

Sandman

I've decided to upload my early 60s uniforms independently. I'll release the Team packages at a later date. My first uniforms for MVP 2005 are the 1964 Athletics and they have been uploaded. Thanks Stecropper for testing the uniforms and FuzZ for the great installer.

Enjoy!

Sandy

64Athletics.jpg

The base color on the far right uniform looks a bit weird. Might I ask what your source was for these uniforms?

My source is old baseball cards and pictures I found on the net. Many of these uniforms are forty years old and the pictures are all taken in various lighting so it's tough to get the exact shade. I probably should have made it more yellow but I thought it looked pretty good.

Sandy

I think Sandman would have to format them to an XBOX file, but not sure, you'd have to ask him.

I don't own an Xbox so I have no idea about converting them. If there's someone willing to convert any of my uniforms. it's fine by me, just give me the credit for the original.

Sandy

Keep up the good work on the classic uniforms.

Try this site : http://www.ssur.org/research/team_colors/team_colors.htm

It has the correct colors for all MLB uniforms, past and present. You may have to adjust the colors depending on EA's lighting.

This site has drawings of all MLB uniforms: http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...es/database.htm

I found Ebay is a good source for baseball card pictures. Just search on the player's name.

What number and letter set did you use for these jerseys. If they were a stock set that was already in the game, I may be able to convert these over to be used on XBox (with your permission of course).

It seems the Xbox swizzles the numbers and the letters that go on the jerseys, but leaves the uniforms themselves intact.

What number and letter set did you use for these jerseys. If they were a stock set that was already in the game, I may be able to convert these over to be used on XBox (with your permission of course).

It seems the Xbox swizzles the numbers and the letters that go on the jerseys, but leaves the uniforms themselves intact.

The fonts I used for all my uniforms are directly from the game. You have my permission to convert them if you are able to..

Sandy

Quick question,

if i wanted these to look right--would i have to change all the A's players socks to high--or will the game do it automatically?

BTW-they look great--I ask because, I dl some Soxs jerseys and the socks look weird with players not wearing high socks.It's a bit of a pain to change the players socks to high before each game.

My source is old baseball cards and pictures I found on the net. Many of these uniforms are forty years old and the pictures are all taken in various lighting so it's tough to get the exact shade. I probably should have made it more yellow but I thought it looked pretty good.

Sandy

I've said this before and I'll say it again: old photographs are not the best resources when you've got so many better ones out there. You ever check out the Baseball Hall of Fame's uniform website? That has to be the best resource on the Web for old uniforms. Most of the research was done by Marc Okkonen (the images from 1900-1994 were taken directly from the last edition of his uniform book -- aka "The Bible" for any uniform aficionado), and it's the result of years of research. Here's the entry for the 1964 Kansas City Athletics:

1964 Kansas City Athletics

In addition, the Society for Sports Uniform Research (www.ssur.org, which was also mentioned earlier in the thread) is the best place to find accurate colors. Since the images from Okkonen's book are pre-digital, some of his colors might be a bit off, hence the need for the color libraries at SSUR...

I'm rebuilding the big file right now. It would have been alot easier to do all this if your uniform files had been twice as big. I had to double each image in size and then past them over the original files. I decided to put them over the blue A's unis just for this test. Will let you know if it works.

Quick question,

if i wanted these to look right--would i have to change all the A's players socks to high--or will the game do it automatically?

BTW-they look great--I ask because, I dl some Soxs jerseys and the socks look weird with players not wearing high socks.It's a bit of a pain to change the players socks to high before each game.

For uniform socks to appear proper in game,they need to be set at

"Regular" or "High".You can do this within the game from the Edit Player

screen or using the MVPedit Utility.

Sandy

Archived