Finally found the right datafile/slider mix

rustedrobot

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say, wow. I've played 6 games (three with the Twins, three with their A affiliate) and went 4-3 (1-2 in a three game series against the Yankees, 3-0 with the Miracle by scores of 4-3, 9-7, and 2-1). Exceptional so far, I hope this holds:)

Observation and adjustments after 10 games...

I'm hitting a lot of streaks. For the most part the game plays very well, but I have a lot of big innings. This could be half because I've got some guys on the A team I'm playing that should be AAA (I'm sort of playing a "career" mode where I'm letting the E-Mail's dictate when I promote a certain guy, and I'm sticking with him through his career... I tried to make him just good enough that he's got a decent shot at making the majors in his first year, but it's not guaranteed), but it seems to happen when the top of my lineup doesn't get up as well.

I've played a limited number of MLB games thus far but I've noticed that not many pitches are being thrown by either side. Furthermore, not nearly enough foul balls are hit.

I have made some slight adjustments that have helped significantly, just wanted to pass them on to see if they help anyone else, because these sliders are DAMN close.

First off, I raised foul ball frequency for human and computer to 50. I find I can have a little control and really try to protect the plate when I need to because I can actually try and succeed at fouling a pitch off. Next I dropped human contact by 10... it seems to me that the contact slider adjusts, essencially, the size of the bat, which is significantly larger at PRO than it is at ALL STAR. This helps to cut down on the hitting of unhittable balls out of the zone. I'm no longer getting base hits when I chase balls high and out of the zone as I was with these sliders at default.

Just some things to think about in bringing these sliders closer to perfection.

• 2 weeks later...

One word describes The Big Unit's sliders..............AWESOME! I have tried several slider sets, and for one reason or another, something wasn't right with each.

Once I was "pointed" to your slider set, I was in absolute heaven. :D

The ONLY adjustment I have made is Pitch speed, I was averaging 15-20 hits per game at -4, so I tested -3, and then -2, which I use currently.

Thank you for your effort on this slider set. :D

One word describes The Big Unit's sliders..............AWESOME! I have tried several slider sets, and for one reason or another, something wasn't right with each.

Once I was "pointed" to your slider set, I was in absolute heaven. :D

The ONLY adjustment I have made is Pitch speed, I was averaging 15-20 hits per game at -4, so I tested -3, and then -2, which I use currently.

Thank you for your effort on this slider set. :D

Man I'm glad they're working out for you. Always nice to hear someone getting enjoyment from them. Good luck! As you get better I'm sure you'll want to tinker with them even more but glad you like them at your current skill level!

Now go win the World Series! 8)

After 50+ games of a dynstay on AS I'd lost 2, had a team ERA of less than 1, no BB, and was leading the league with 42HRs! So, I moved up to MVP and was on the receiving end of at least 10Ks per game, with no more than 2 hits per game, and couldn't get a K to save my life. Talk about going from one extreme to the other.

Infield hits? Never seen one. Bloop singles? Forget it. The OF can catch anything ... anything that gets passed the diving IF, that is.

Will have to download these sliders and try them out tonight ... hopefully that'll fix it.

After 50+ games of a dynstay on AS I'd lost 2, had a team ERA of less than 1, no BB, and was leading the league with 42HRs! So, I moved up to MVP and was on the receiving end of at least 10Ks per game, with no more than 2 hits per game, and couldn't get a K to save my life. Talk about going from one extreme to the other.

Infield hits? Never seen one. Bloop singles? Forget it. The OF can catch anything ... anything that gets passed the diving IF, that is.

Will have to download these sliders and try them out tonight ... hopefully that'll fix it.

You might also want to adjust the pitch speed slider as you go, I was turning on fast balls with WAY to much regularity, I have adjusted mine down to -1, and love it.

The rest of the slider set is golden. :)

Ok, along with the adjustment I made above, I had added into the mix another which has made this an excellent situation gameplay-wise.

I no longer pitch anywhere around the batter's blue/cold zone, instead, I have forced myself to challenge the hitter on EVERY pitch.

I still work the corners and count, but instead of getting "for sure" strikes looking, or poor swings in their cold zones, I look to set the batter up more.

Talk about nail-biting, miss a pitch now, and you will pay for sure, heh. If you look at my Dynasty, you'll notice the results from the last 2 games with this "guideline" implemented.

This game is pure heaven.

im sorry to sound like a newbie, but what is all the hype about this data/slider mix? what do i have to download to try the big unit's sliders out and do i need a certain data file to go along with it? im just looking for more realistic baseball...

one thing that people don't realize is that using the pro level sliders gets you less mvp points if you're trying to unlock the rewards the legit way.

Gameplay is my priority, MVP Points don't mean as much to me, but I hear what you are saying.

im sorry to sound like a newbie, but what is all the hype about this data/slider mix? what do i have to download to try the big unit's sliders out and do i need a certain data file to go along with it? im just looking for more realistic baseball...

Click the following link, and save the file to your cpu:

http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...amp;lid=1621#dl

I have tried many slider sets, mostly All Star and MVP. These sliders have definitely given the game the most realistic feel.

As I posted before, I had to increase pitch speed a couple notches so I couldn't turn on fastballs so easily.

Archived