Finally found the right datafile/slider mix

rustedrobot

I don't crash when loading, but it doesn't appear that the datafile is doing anything for me. Still have walkup music, foulball replays, etc. I'm sure I am doing something wrong. I'm playing with Ultimate Rosters and I've installed 3 or 4 ballpark mods. Nothing else.

Can you write down the exact steps of what you did to install the datafile?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's all you SHOULD need to do:

Extract either trues_pared_spitoon_noReplay_outfldBack_infldIn_lowBat5_datafile.txt or trues_pared_noReplay_outfldBack_infldIn_lowBat5_datafile.txt from the .ZIP file to your MVP Baseball 2005 data folder

If you currently have a datafile.txt file in the folder, delete it (or rename it to something else).

Rename the file you extracted (trues_pared_....) to datafile.txt.

Start up the game and you should be good to go.

The thing I'm not sure of is whether there is any issue with games played in Dynasty or Owner mode (I play all Exhibition games myself). I don't know if datafile settings are stored in some sort of Dynasty or Owner configuration file somewhere. Someone who plays Dynasty or Owner mode games would have to comment on this.

Just so I'm clear on what you said in your other message. You extracted the file you wanted to use, gave it the name "datafile.txt" and copied it to your MVP Baseball / data folder?

Have you installed any other mods?

I've installed the Total Potraits, Total Uniforms, Pirate Stadiums, Bat selector and a couple of face mods. And Ultimate rosters. Got no problems when using Trues datafile.

I can confirm that the datafile did not work on my existing dynasty. I am still working on adjusting the sliders further, but I can't seem to lose when I play on Pro with this data file combo (and I am using the one with harder pitching). I am 6-0 and outscored my opponents 30-6 (with 10 HR). I have tried a couple of games on AS using this data file combo with my existing sliders, and it seems promising. So far I am 3-0, but I am only outscoring opponents by 10-5. They have been good games.

I think it worked for my dynasty because before i installed the datafile, the pitching meter (green part) was so much bigger than it is now. Now, it's seeminly impossible to pitch "perfect" balls. And this is Schilling pitching by the way.

Well, I was 16-3 before installing the combo datafile. I've lost the following two games 3-1 and 5-4 (David Bell 3 run homer in top of the ninth) and this is really good.

I've move the pitch meter difficulty to +40 instead of the -50 and still throw a lot of bad pitch, so getting hit more that previously.

So, thanks to Trues, Pared, Spitoon and obviously, Jim for their great work. Sorry if I forget someone...:-)

Jim825

I followed the instructions exactly as you posted and still get walkup music, etc. I'm going to try an exhibition game tonight to see if it makes any difference there.

If it doesn't, I'll have to try something else. Thanks for your help.

Jim825

I followed the instructions exactly as you posted and still get walkup music, etc. I'm going to try an exhibition game tonight to see if it makes any difference there.

If it doesn't, I'll have to try something else. Thanks for your help.

Keep us posted.

I get no respect. These are my sliders not Pared's. :)

Sorry. Just playing. Having a Rodney Dangerfield moment. 8)

Pared's "Behind the Pitcher" camera mod is included in my combo datafile. I believe that's why Pared was mentioned.

I'll give you some respect and say "Thanks" for your sliders. :D

I'll give you some respect and say "Thanks" for your sliders. :D

LMFAO!! Thanks man. All I wanted was a little love. :)

We should our combo to the downloads section. Weird how alot of people are liking it and we have no idea even who each other is but looks like they fit pretty well. :)

LMFAO!! Thanks man. All I wanted was a little love. :)

We should our combo to the downloads section. Weird how alot of people are liking it and we have no idea even who each other is but looks like they fit pretty well. :)

I'd have no problem doing that. Let me know if you want me to package them together and submit it.

Sure you can do that if you want. I don't mind (even though you're a fan of the 'Evil Empire').

Go for it!

HEY! Just noticed you live in Massachusetts and like the Yanks. Isn't that sacreligious where you live? There has to be some sort of contract out on you I would think. :wink:

Thanks Shooter73. I'm leaving work in 5 to 10 minutes and I will try that ASAP. I did type it in incorrectly. Hopefully that helps. I want to walk more batters before I die. Eight walks total in 17 games is too good and Maddux has 5 of them.

fanofwho> don't actually type in datafile.txt when you rename it. type in datafile without the .txt.

That's correct if you haven't changed any of Windows default settings. It automatically hides the extensions of known file types, so by naming it datafile.txt, you are really naming it datafile.txt.txt which won't work.

You can check this by clicking on Tools, Folder Options, View, and uncheck the box that says "Hide Extensions for Known File Types". That way you will know the full filename, rather than just the part before the extension.

Nut,

Are you manually playing your games so far? Or are you simming?

I'm manually playing the games Unit.

Once I get 5 - 10 games under my belt I'd like to PM you with where I think I need adjustments and get your advice. You seem to have a pretty good understanding of how modifying certain sliders will affect other aspects of the game.

As I said, it's only two games right now so the statistics may be a little skewed. Hoping to get another game or two in tonight, so I should have a better idea of how it's playing.

Thanks for all of your work.

Once I get 5 - 10 games under my belt I'd like to PM you with where I think I need adjustments and get your advice. You seem to have a pretty good understanding of how modifying certain sliders will affect other aspects of the game

Thanks. I'd be more than happy to help out if you PM me. Not sure if you remember this but I'm actually the same person who helped you with sliders on that one site that's dead now. My name there was True Blue Brew Crew if that helps jog the memory.

But sure, PM me. Like I say, I'll be happy to help.

As far as all my hard work, it's my pleasure to finally be able to help after I've used everyone else's mods, etc to help me. Makes me feel good to give something back actually. I know it sounds corny but oh well....

:wink:

with the slider & datafile combo, aren't you guys finding you're making maybe a little too much contact? i don't seem to be striking out much now. i'm definately having more fun games, but i think i've hit around in the order a few times.

I'm also quite surprised at the age of people on these boards. I thought for sure I'd be the geezer of the crew at 33, but it's clear I'm not. How funny is it that we all still play video games? I come from the Atari 2600 generation.......been playing games my whole life, it seems. Anyway, I always thought most of us here were younger.

33 here as well. I was just reading some interesting stats about how many people in our generation are still really into gaming. We're actually a very large target audience for the gaming companies.........

oh, wife just left with the kid to do some shopping. Time to get upstairs and do some more MVP testing before the get back! :p

Game stats to follow: Tonight..... Pittsburgh vs Chicago Cubs

Archived