Forbes Field Autumn Classic available

paulw

Forbes Field in autumn is now available. I think this is a fairly decent upgrade from my version from last year. The biggest change are some high resolution trees I've added. I list it as Forbes circa 1960 but Forbes didn't change much from 1930 to 1970. Here's a couple pics:

forbs2.jpg

forbes_2005.jpg

Thanks very much. The real Forbes was kind of overlooked as one of the most beautiful stadiums ever. The woods beyond the outfield, the ivied walls and the Cathedral of Learning (University of Pittsurght) just behind the left stands made it a true classic. BTW, the black building in beyond left center is the Carnegie Institute. It was in an awesome of area of Pittsburgh.

You have good taste in ballparks, fuzz 8) Here's Forbes described by Curt Smith in "Storied Stadiums" (forward by Bob Costas):

The Pirates '09-'71 hull was perhaps baseball's lovliest: ivied wall, pine cover, yawning acerage, Longines scoreboard, in play batting cage, Maz's 1960 homer v. the Yanks - above all Roberto Clemente.

I saw it in 71 from the top of the Cathedral of Learning tower when I was 14 -still have the pictures. Have returned to Pittsburgh a number of times and always visit this area. They still have pieces of the outfield wall on the Pitt campus.

I guess I'm the only one, but my game has been crashing since installing your stadiums (or stadia?) - but only when I played games in those parks. I reinstalled the originals from the CD but wanted to see if I may have installed them incorrectly or if anyone else was having any issues.

I guess I'm the only one, but my game has been crashing since installing your stadiums (or stadia?) - but only when I played games in those parks. I reinstalled the originals from the CD but wanted to see if I may have installed them incorrectly or if anyone else was having any issues.

Here's my only guess I can think of - are you using 16 bit or 32 bit color. Sorry you're having a problem...

Am I doing something wrong??

I still get the goofy "film stripes" and other effects of an

old time stadium when I use this and other stadium

remakes (sportsman's park,etc.).

I just extracted the files to the data/stadium folder and had

them overwrite the originals. Thanks correct yes???

hardcore, did i ever tell you that you seem so familiar -- like brutally familiar. Something about you -- your lilke my funny valentine. I bet this stadium would rock on an xbox , sadly, i do not own an xbox.

i do have a friend that has this for ps2, any way stadiums get ported to ps2 or no? Not really into the console scene.

• 3 weeks later...

I never got permission for this, but I did it for my personal use anyways. I'm about 85% complete. Just a few field touch ups and getting some 'black images' to not appear.

I won't EVER release it without permission.

I do have a question though: Did anyone else have the word Strike and Visitor misspelled out in right field?

Archived