It's that Windows 10 thing ... I guess

ThornRage

Hello,

I love MVP Baseball 2005. Played it for years on Xbox and PC. Even used this website to get it to work on Windows 8.1 however, this past March I built a new computer. Well finally Baseball season is in full swing and so I want to play again. I have my old profile and dynasty save files but the game was not installed since I have a new computer.

I used Recommended Installation Guide For MVP Baseball and MVP not starting after Windows 7 9-8-15 Updates although I didnt remove any windows updates. I tried changing through REGEDIT and used all three numbers with a restart after each. I even installed TiT.

My game is installed just as recommended ( C drive and no program files folder etc).

When I try to start the game either in compatibility mode or not, in Admin mode or not, I get the same thing. Trust me, I have tried what I believe is every thing suggested in those 2 forum threads EXCEPT the removing of any windows update files.

What I get when I try to start the game is ... a few seconds of the blue circle and then nothing. Sometimes I dont even see the blue circle.

So what do I need to do for you guys to help me figure out what is wrong. I fear October will be here before I can even throw my first pitch.

Thanks!

Hello,

I love MVP Baseball 2005. Played it for years on Xbox and PC. Even used this website to get it to work on Windows 8.1 however, this past March I built a new computer. Well finally Baseball season is in full swing and so I want to play again. I have my old profile and dynasty save files but the game was not installed since I have a new computer.

I used Recommended Installation Guide For MVP Baseball and MVP not starting after Windows 7 9-8-15 Updates although I didnt remove any windows updates. I tried changing through REGEDIT and used all three numbers with a restart after each. I even installed TiT.

My game is installed just as recommended ( C drive and no program files folder etc).

When I try to start the game either in compatibility mode or not, in Admin mode or not, I get the same thing. Trust me, I have tried what I believe is every thing suggested in those 2 forum threads EXCEPT the removing of any windows update files.

What I get when I try to start the game is ... a few seconds of the blue circle and then nothing. Sometimes I dont even see the blue circle.

So what do I need to do for you guys to help me figure out what is wrong. I fear October will be here before I can even throw my first pitch.

Thanks!

Don't take it personal, he's not very polite to anyone. I'll at least provide the link. Welcome to this site! 

Don't take it personal, he's not very polite to anyone. I'll at least provide the link. Welcome to this site! 

How was I not being polite? All I said that there was a Windows 10 thread already on this website. He's not brand new. The guy's been here almost three years now so he should know where the forums are. I didn't give him a hard time at all but you couldn't resist making me look like a bad guy again. You want to start something with me you just let me know.

How was I not being polite? All I said that there was a Windows 10 thread already on this website. He's not brand new. The guy's been here almost three years now so he should know where the forums are. I didn't give him a hard time at all but you couldn't resist making me look like a bad guy again. You want to start something with me you just let me know.

It was his first post, and you were super short with him. Don't play like you weren't cuz you always give newbies crap and yell at em for not searching through the forum high and wide... just drop them the link. I don't have to make you look anything.

It was his first post, and you were super short with him. Don't play like you weren't cuz you always give newbies crap and yell at em for not searching through the forum high and wide... just drop them the link. I don't have to make you look anything.

So what? That means he's never been here before?  You want to provide a link then fine. The guy found two other threads in here but not the Windows 10 thread. It's not the worst thing that's ever happened and that's why I told him that there already was a thread for this. You are still crying because you still think I gave your damn mods a one star rating even though I explained to you that I didn't do it. Like I mother *&(&ing would waste my time giving your mods ANY kind of attention. IT WAS ALREADY EXPLAINED TO YOU THAT I DID NOT DO THAT BUT YOU REFUSED TO ACCEPT IT.

I didn't give the guy a hard time. Only you saw it that way and frankly you don't count at all.