Mega Portrait Pack-BSU-FAN/NoFakes Edition

raidersbball20

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Mega Portrait Pack-BSU-FAN/NoFakes Edition

File Submitter: raidersbball20

File Submitted: 16 Jun 2011

File Updated: 19 Aug 2011

File Category: Portraits

**UPDATE 08/19/11 MLB COMPLETED FOR NOFAKES20! STILL CURRENTLY WORKING ON AAA UPDATES.***

Mega Portrait Pack-BSU-FAN/NoFakes Edition-This portrait pack is intended for the latest BSU-FAN nofakes20 roster. Please update me in the forum if someone is missing or messed up. Quality is of varying degree as some players are very difficult to find quality portraits for in the minors. I want to thank Zach and BSU-FAN for their help in this project. It is very much appreciated. I will continue to update the packs for the nofakes and 2k rosters throughout the season. I hope everyone enjoys! NOTE: Vogelsong and Dane de la Rosa had the same ID numbers so I switched de la Rosa to 8888 so everyone needs to change it with ty's editor or wait for another fantastic BSU-FAN update.

This is not intended to use with NBA Mod Tool but rather Total Installer Thingy 2010.

You first need to use the portrait decompress tool.

It will ask for the location of your 2K11 installation folder and CAB files (CD in Drive).

Once you are finished decompressing your portrait file witih NBA mod tool you will need to reinstall TIT 2010 and configure it for 2K11.

Then simply use Total Installer Thingy to install this file it its compressed form.

The portrait ID numbers are intended for this method and are based on the BSU-FAN NoFakes18 roster.

I do not have access to mlb pressbox so resolution is not as high as some may like.

UPDATE: TUTORIAL LOCATED HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZMYtciK5Jc

I hope everyone enjoys.

Click here to download this file

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

File Name: Mega Portrait Pack-BSU-FAN/NoFakes Edition

File Submitter: raidersbball20

File Submitted: 16 Jun 2011

File Category: Portraits

Mega Portrait Pack-BSU-FAN/NoFakes Edition-This portrait pack is intended for the latest BSU-FAN nofakes16 roster. All MLB teams have current portraits and I have completed AAA teams from Angels-Nationals (Working in alphabetical order). Quality is of varying degree as some players are very difficult to find quality portraits for in the minors. I want to thank Zach and BSU-FAN for their help in this project. It is very much appreciated. I will continue to update the packs for the nofakes and 2k rosters throughout the season. I hope everyone enjoys!

This is not intended to use with NBA Mod Tool but rather Total Installer Thingy 2010.

You first need to use the portrait decompress tool.

It will ask for the location of your 2K11 installation folder and CAB files (CD in Drive).

Once you are finished decompressing your portrait file witih NBA mod tool you will need to reinstall TIT 2010 and configure it for 2K11.

Then simply use Total Installer Thingy to install this file it its compressed form.

The portrait ID numbers are intended for this method and are based on the BSU-FAN NoFakes16 roster.

I do not have access to mlb pressbox so resolution is not as high as some may like.

UPDATE: TUTORIAL LOCATED HERE:

I hope everyone enjoys.

Click here to download this file

Thanks so much for all the time and effort put into the Mega Portraits. I've gone through the Portraits for this latest update and did not find Dioner Navarro, C for the Dodgers. Would it be possible to include him in the next update? Thanks again for this labor of greatness!

NBA 2KX Mod Tool, the one I googled is written by a Chinese dude. Jemi Zhuu that has no "portrait decompress" sub-folder. Please point me in the direction of the URL that has this sub-folder. I would like to include the portraits along with the admirably exhaustive roster file. There doesn't seem to be an executible file either. I am obviously using the wrong one

You only need to use Total Installer Thingy 2010 and portrait decompress. They are both located in the downloads section of mlbmods.com. You will need to create an account there to access the download section to get the two programs. Just follow my Youtube tutorial step by step and you shouldn't have any problems.

No can do; I found only the instructions on how to use the portrait decompress file, not the file itself. I don't have MLB2k10, just 2k11. Am I gonna have to buy 2K10 to begin this process? It would help if you could tell me where on the 2k11 CD is this file I'd appreciate.

Turns out I had the wrong TiT. I downloaded TiT2010 but when I use WINRAR, it won't extract the setup file. It just hangs.

No can do; I found only the instructions on how to use the portrait decompress file, not the file itself. I don't have MLB2k10, just 2k11. Am I gonna have to buy 2K10 to begin this process? It would help if you could tell me where on the 2k11 CD is this file I'd appreciate.

Turns out I had the wrong TiT. I downloaded TiT2010 but when I use WINRAR, it won't extract the setup file. It just hangs.

You don't need mlb2k10 for any of this. You just use the same system using 2k11. As far as extracting the file just use 7zip then. Its free and easy. And make sure to follow the tutorial. Based on your comments I would guess you haven't watched the tutorial as the 1st thing I say is where the files are located on mlbmods.com. I am not trying to be short with you, but it would help you out.

Thanks for the quality control! I will be sure to add him in the next update. The help is appreciated.

No problem, Raider! Believe me, surveying the portraits is the easy part! What you do is far greater and time consuming and much appreciated. Thanks for forwarding Dioner Navarro's portrait. :D

Here is a Wise Marlins portrait. The reason I didn't update him yet is because BSU-FAN still has him on the Las Vegas 51's roster. The 2k roster has him on the Zephyrs but I don't worry about the 2k AAA roster because its a mess. I try to update as both he and 2k update. The whole process is a game of cat and mouse. He has too continually keep up on the roster moves and then I have to change the portraits. Lots of work involved but we both enjoy doing it.

portrait.7z

Here is a Wise Marlins portrait. The reason I didn't update him yet is because BSU-FAN still has him on the Las Vegas 51's roster. The 2k roster has him on the Zephyrs but I don't worry about the 2k AAA roster because its a mess. I try to update as both he and 2k update. The whole process is a game of cat and mouse. He has too continually keep up on the roster moves and then I have to change the portraits. Lots of work involved but we both enjoy doing it.

I have a new roster update coming out tomorrow or Thursday that should fix that. :spiteful: My latest update focused a ton of time on making all AAA teams 100% accurate with correct line-ups and rotations. This includes over 100 new real players added in plus hundreds of transactions throughout the minors and majors updated. Nice work again raidersbball20!

Anyone know if Harry McGowan LHP of the Round Rock Express is a real player? Can't seem to find a picture. BSU-FAN is he a fake one that didn't get removed/changed?

Ya he is a fake player. I found a few of them while going through AAA that were hiding in the middle of other real players. I'm trying to do a very thorough check of ALL AAA teams to make sure there will be no fakes left once this most recent update is out. I use a combination of websites to gather info but MiLB.com is a great reference to see if they are a real player or not. I usually just search there name and if no matches come up I search the MLB.com site and if again nothing comes up then I google them. If nothing pops up it's safe to say it's a fake player.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked for Kyle Seager in minor leagues for Mariners but couldn't find him with 16 roster. Could you guys add him? He was called up today. He'll be playing 3B for Mariners. Thanks for all the work being put into the roster and portraits...absolutely amazing!

Here's a high quality headshot attached in case you need one.

EDIT: Saw 17 roster..gonna download it and check it out :)

post-43855-082600700 1310003266_thumb.jp

I looked for Kyle Seager in minor leagues for Mariners but couldn't find him with 16 roster. Could you guys add him? He was called up today. He'll be playing 3B for Mariners. Thanks for all the work being put into the roster and portraits...absolutely amazing!

Here's a high quality headshot attached in case you need one.

EDIT: Saw 17 roster..gonna download it and check it out :)

He will be in my next roster update which should be coming out soon. This next one has massive amounts of updates...the most noticable will be the updated player ratings to match that of 2k's latest rosters. I have gone through EVERY position player on all 30 teams and have updated their ratings. I'm now working on the pitchers but this is a very lengthy process :shok: I would be done by now but had one drowsy miss hap that lead to re doing a few hours of editing :cray: I also have also used Pitch FX and gone in and corrected pitch repertoires for tons of pitchers including 8 teams that have been done in their entirety. :good:

He will be in my next roster update which should be coming out soon. This next one has massive amounts of updates...the most noticable will be the updated player ratings to match that of 2k's latest rosters. I have gone through EVERY position player on all 30 teams and have updated their ratings. I'm now working on the pitchers but this is a very lengthy process :shok: I would be done by now but had one drowsy miss hap that lead to re doing a few hours of editing :cray: I also have also used Pitch FX and gone in and corrected pitch repertoires for tons of pitchers including 8 teams that have been done in their entirety. :good:

That...is....crazy....but awesome. Thanks for all the hard work man...seriously

Great work, BSU-FAN, and sorry about the mishap! After searching the portraits I did not find one for Corey Hart of the Brew Crew. My eyes might be going bad, but I went through twice and could not find him. Would it be possible to include him in your next release as well? Thanks in advance, and thanks for your many contributions! :good: :good:

Great work, BSU-FAN, and sorry about the mishap! After searching the portraits I did not find one for Corey Hart of the Brew Crew. My eyes might be going bad, but I went through twice and could not find him. Would it be possible to include him in your next release as well? Thanks in advance, and thanks for your many contributions! :good: :good:

Glad you have enjoyed these rosters. His portrait has always been there since the beginning so I'm not sure if something went wrong for you while updating portraits or what.... but I do know that Corey Hart definitely has a portrait in this pack. Let me know if you cant figure it out and I'll see if I can narrow it down for you.

Glad you have enjoyed these rosters. His portrait has always been there since the beginning so I'm not sure if something went wrong for you while updating portraits or what.... but I do know that Corey Hart definitely has a portrait in this pack. Let me know if you cant figure it out and I'll see if I can narrow it down for you.

Thanks for getting back to me. Will don my Sherlock Holmes cap and search again!! ;)

Archived