• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#341 CircleChange11

CircleChange11

All-Star

• Modders
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

This is what bothers me about video game AI trading. ARod is a 5-star prospect (#1 overall draft pick), robably decent to good ratings ... and they trade him for garbage.

This is what I liked about HH's trade logic, in order to get ARod (best prospect in M's system, possibly the whole league), you'd have to give up 2 stars or 3 prospects or some combination of that.

I don;t fault you for accepting the trade, but I wonder after 20 games or so if you'll regret making the move ... only since you're replaying the 94 season. However if ARod helps you get back in the race, it'll likely be an interesting storyline.

This is why, when replaying historic seasons, some guys turn AI trading off ... otherwise the AI messes up team's rosters with trades like this one.

#342 Nameless

Nameless

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:15 PM

yea i see your point but I do plan to play more seasons after this one plus I thought it be a good storyline to give for the second half of the season so who knows. we'll just see how it plays out.

#343 Nameless

Nameless

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

MLB Standings At Halfway Mark

Posted Image

Still consider myself in the race without a doubt and especially I am 4 games back from the Wild Card. So let's move on! and get the second half going!

Edited by Nameless, 20 October 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#344 Nameless

Nameless

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hey guys I know I've been inactive here for awhile with dynasties but I did want to let you know I have a new one over at dynastymanager. I was in the mood to do write ups for the dynasty and thats actually were I started in the first place. If you want to check it out be free to the link is: http://www.dynastyma...eless&sport=mlb I'm about 9 games into it and I'm doing from thee begining with the 2005 season. I thought it be cool to see how it would be replaying the last 5 years if I can get that far. Should be interesting but anyway be free to check it out if you want.

http://www.dynastyma...eless&sport=mlb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users