using in game last names, files have been created for audio/pic

id's for 'Total Classics'. the file has been uploaded

now, if you were using pic id's many teams can have 3-4+ last names

heard most of the time (or now you can see the pics if you were using

audio ids')

a 'Thank You' to Tony3 & cyberpunkx for help with files & data

to Jim825 for help with the id list

and to 'ALL' who are helping bring the 'Classics' to the game

How come some of them have weird names, like when Clemente comes up it says something about Mike Dinky or something. Mike Tinkly I think. Most of them in phase two have totally different names when they come up, how do I make it just say nothing?

I apologize for still being so dense about portraits, I have NEVER gotten any to work for me. When you see portraits in my jpgs that's because I put them there afterward in photoshop, haha.

it is alot of work, jim825 is creating a portrait.big file. he will correspond it with

the smaller audio file i put together. we will try to add a few more audios.

capa is working on the possibilities and hopefully i can help soon.

the eventual number may be around 400 audios (90% last names) so maybe

3-4 players per most teams can be heard with most all pics seen

(some more, some less)

loading pics takes time. but, jim had found a shortcut. i would make a copy of

the original portrait.big file

then using bigGUI.exe basically wipe out/delete 90% of the pics in that file

(there is an explanation in the audio file once it is posted here)

*DO NOT rid the two 2653 mantle files. this will mess up the game, crashes, etc.

what ridding most of the other files will do (remember to save the original portrait.big file) is to cut the loading of the pics time to less than a third

then just load the pics for the players/teams you wish to see from 'Total Classic'

pics file using mvp edit. there is an explanation 'read me' to loading pics in each

team folder of 'Total Classics' pics

hopefully that helps

Tony - Great stuff here. I finished resolving all of the portrait ID conflicts in the Total Classics rosters (now no two players have the same portrait ID). Today, I plan to incorporate your player IDs into the rosters and then I'll get back to adding more portraits. I've got 27 teams done so far (almost 1/3 of the way).

Now that I don't have to worry about ID conflicts, I can simply just add portraits without having to check if anyone else is using the ID (i.e. this will help speed up the process a bit).

At some point soon, I will probably send out a list of the "free" portrait IDs. If the Phase 3 roster makers can look at this and share with others which portrait IDs they assign to their team rosters, it will make it much easier to guarantee that we don't have duplicate IDs in the Phase 3 rosters. Plus, it will make it quicker for me to add the portraits for the Phase 3 teams once they are released.

peterbernard - As far as adding portraits, the only way I found that works is by doing it one at a time with MVPEdit and the portraits have to be .bmp files (MVPEdit won't import .fsh files).

From the readme:

"then go into MVP edit and change audio/pic id numbers to correspond with the excell id list. check them off in the box to the right as you enter player id's for each team.

then load the pics (from total classic portraits or whatever formated pic you choose)"

Do you have this already done in an mbe so we can just install it that way instead of spending a week putting numbers in? If not, I'll upload one when I've done it but I just got a new "corporate" animation gig that might fill up the next 2 weeks of my life possibly.

that is what jim825 is working on. see above. but, we can always load a few in the mean time or to the rosters/players you wish to see pics of via mvp edit. there is

no getting around 'time' that it takes to load a pic until a portrait.big file is done.

TC has 15 or so teams already loaded. jim825 has found a way to speed up the actual process, it is stated in the above posts using bigGUI.exe

that is what jim825 is working on. see above. but, we can always load a few in the mean time or to the rosters/players you wish to see pics of via mvp edit. there is

no getting around 'time' that it takes to load a pic until a portrait.big file is done.

TC has 15 or so teams already loaded. jim825 has found a way to speed up the actual process, it is stated in the above posts using bigGUI.exe

HUH! Well, as they say in the 80's, "Thass wickity wack!"

Oh wait, the 80's aren't a place, are they? I'm always getting the whole "space/time" thingie confused.

anyone with the ability to retrieve .dat files from the:

MVP2004dataaudiocdspch_pbppbpdat.big please let me know.

as this will help make a difference

just send me a private message

Tony3 has done a few but time and priorities make it hard,

as he has helped out alot in this process

Anyone talking about me? :wink:

It's not that hard anyway.

Try to search the hex text -- 53 43 48 6C (SCH1) in pbpdat.big and probably will figure out how the format works. You never know.

Good luck

Archived