universal grass minimizer uploaded

raindelay7

universal minimized grass texture ver. 1.0 uploaded

This mod will replace the grass in EVERY stadium with a minimized texture that should eliminate all shimmering grass in the game.

This is really for all those people like myself who have tried every other fix and continue to have problems with glowing, shimmering grass. Remember, the texture of grass here is VERY minimal. If you are new to MVP, I suggest you search the forum and try the fixes suggested there before you go to the bother of downloading and installing

this one (adjusting video card seems to work for a lot of people).

*******Very big thanks to Trues and paulw for the idea and info about adjusting stadium grass and texture. TYVM guys.*******

raindelay7

can we PLEASE get a screen shot of the grass? Please? Maybe a couple of screen shots. I don't know how to back up those original files since your mod uses a program to automatically place the new files where they ought to go. I want to see what I am getting myself into.

thnx bigwhit..glad it is working for u. regarding infield dirt: is it shimmering in your game or do you just want look of it improved?

UncleMo - i will work on getting some screenshots, but in the meantime you could make a copy of your entire stadium folder and put it somewhere (like "my documents") to use as a back-up if you don't like the mod. Sorry i didn't include some screenshots with file.

raindelay, just an improved look, i figured what you did with the grass you could probably do with the dirt. my dirt somewhat has a shimmer, its just inconsistant look.ill try to post up a screen shot.

hmmm, maybe the dirt does have a bit of a shimmer to it. you can see it where the grass meets the dirt. right there is where it is most noticeable. it makes you think, hmm, what is wrong with the outline of the grass-that is all.

Well, I tried this out and it sure does work. Nice smooth grass everywhere! No more shimmering bands.

Believe me, I couldn't get rid of it even using 16x Anisotropic Filtering + 8x AntiAlisasing...

Anyway, seems to be pretty nice so far.

I don't seem to have a problem with the infield dirt however, perhaps it's my AA/AF settings that's fixing this.

i have some screenshots now, but i need a place for them to live online - hopefully a FREE place..any ideas?

yes, i have noticed some odd flickering around the edges where the grass meets the dirt - i think it was also a problem with original fields and i am looking into a way of improving.

At this point, out of the 55 or so stadiums , there are three that i am not happy with. Skydome and Tropicana need improvement...RFK is totally unacceptable - all three should be up to par with other stadiums in next version of mod. Please let me know what stadiums you think need to be tweaked.

Thanks for the screens, H. I think this is what everyone was waiting for. And it looks like the download is worth it.

I pretty much eliminated the shimmering with my card, but this looks MUCH better.

One question: If anyone can respond that has downloaded this mod.

I've only got a slight stutter after patch 2, but does this new mod cut down the stutter at all?

Thanks for any responses.

raindelay, thanks for the mod, i tried all the sh!t, none of it works, now finally the grass looks great, the infield dirt diesn't really look that good, but w/e the gameplay is better for me now, thanks

and just a question: i havent encountered any problems, but i was wondering, is the stadium folder the only folder i have to back up for this mod?

raindelay, thanks for the mod, i tried all the sh!t, none of it works, now finally the grass looks great, the infield dirt diesn't really look that good, but w/e the gameplay is better for me now, thanks

and just a question: i havent encountered any problems, but i was wondering, is the stadium folder the only folder i have to back up for this mod?

Yes, mod only affects stadiums, so stadium folder is only folder you have to back up.

very happy that you and others are liking mod...again, i am working to improve RFK, Skydome, and Tropicana and the infield dirt and will post probably sometime next week.

Archived