kumala

i am having some great results with this datafile

last two games

yankees 7 14 1

RedSox 6 15 0 me

next game

devilrays 1 7 0

redsox 0 4 1

talk about a difference in results. I was able to bang the ball against the yankees but against hideo nomo, nada. by the way after sweeping the blue jays I have lost four straight games.

best results i have ever gotten with a datafile.

it does look a lot more realistic...quality job. i decided to try your sliders out as well (i was playing all-star with my own sliders but there seemed to be a "handicap" factor in the late innings that allowed for easy comebacks for both myself and the computer - i came back from 5 down twice, the computer came back from 7, 4, and 6 down. all this in an 8 game span).

after a few games with your sliders on pro and this datafile i'm still getting close games but haven't experienced anything like that yet. also, don't know if it's the sliders or the datafile, but it seems to be more realistic in regards to the quality of the pitcher (i.e., i played an AAA game in my dynasty that i shelled the opposing pitcher - some guy with 3 pitches, none ranked higher than 75...then i played a game with the royals against the mariners and had trouble against moyer while bautista got hit around fairly hard). i have upped CPU pitcher stamina though because moyer threw 120 pitches that game - but that's all personal preference...

all in all great datafile and thanks for posting your sliders...works great. keep up the good work :mrgreen:

yes copy and paste the lines into this datafile using datafiletools.

decompress datafile

open in wordpad, only wordpad

do ctrl-H search for line example battingview1, there are 5 view

then do the same for kamas datafile, and copy line batterview over to yours

you will need to do changes for leftlow, lefthigh, rightlow, righthigh. if you don't then the camera angels will be messed up.

once done, save and compress.

I'm messing this whole datafile thing up, so nevermind, I'll just ask for a mod request, cuz I'm very crappy with computer stuff.

if someone would be able to add Kamasutra's espn1 pitching cam, then I'd really appreciate it.

For those who want to use this datafile but still want the batter walkup music, I figured out how to fix it. I used the datafile compression utility to decompress this datafile and the datafile that I extracted from datafile.big (although you can use any datafile that still allows you to have the batter walk up music). After that, I used Compare It to find the differences between the two files. There is one line that has the word 'test' at the beginning. That's the line you want. You can just copy that line from the original datafile and paste it over the line from this datafile, or just find the one number that needs to be changed. Just make the line from this datafile just like the original one. Save it, then compress it, and voila!! You have this great datafile with walk up music. Enjoy!

EDIT: I uploaded my modified datafile with the walk up music so you don't have to bother going through all these steps like I did.

Archived