Are we going to produce an MVP'06?

Dan

Are we going to produce an MVP'06? Cause the word on the street is, and correct me if I'm wrong, EA isn't going to make it despite the rumors that it was in development prior to that licence thing. I think it would be a really great idea, giving the gamers here a PC baseball game to play. I'm sure that there's a genius out there who could probably edit the game files to add a tournament mode, and another that could totally convert all of the "MVP 2005" text to 2006. So how's about it?

I'm sure most of the stuff could be edited, like the "MVP 2005 to MVP 2006", along with the uniforms, rosters, schedule (maybe?).

But to add a whole 'mode' to the game is darn near impossible for most of us to do. Other than that, this game is very play-able for the next year or 2 until we get bored. :wink:

take 2 already stated they are going to make their next game for pc as well as console. also they said they had plans to add expansion packs for the pc series as well, like winter ball etc. etc. for a year round baseball gaming experience. sounds pretty cool IMO. so even if EA doesn't make a 06 version, we will have something to work with. i'm sure take2 is aware of this site and realizes they will make even more $$$$ by releasing a pc game that is moddable. only thing is that some things as far as modding stuff would probably have to change a bit. i'm not a big fan of their console games, from what i HAVE seen of them, but, i think they'll probably go balls out for the pc version. i believe they will probably do a good job but, we'll have to wait and see. hopefully like bully said, trues will just change the name of the site to reflect the times.

I'm surprised that you all believe we can do all these things, I mean you have other people saying that they want to mod the PBP commentary, and then you have those who think that we can change everything in the game.

One can only dream so far. :cry:

These rumors are flying: My first true thought was that blah blah MVP 06 was in production before the deal happened, and it will be realeased.

Now I see Take2 is wroking on a PC game for Baseball, THANK GOD.

But I sure hope thats true, and that whole expansion pack thing sounds pretty inovative.

I was under the impression that take2 was "scared of the PC market" according to some write-up....now these words are false..I hope the words of RAM are true, i trust ya man!

I think it wouldn't be that hard to put a roster update, an in-game art udate and some logos together in a pack to make it somewhat like what MVP06 would be like, with the same game modes. You really don't need an entirely new mode every year to keep the game interesting.

I'm surprised that you all believe we can do all these things, I mean you have other people saying that they want to mod the PBP commentary, and then you have those who think that we can change everything in the game.

One can only dream so far. :cry:

That's exactly what I said. :D

That sounds awsome........

But are you wlling to pay $20 more every season just to get soem new rosters and not much else? I think one game a year, with lots of work put into it is good enough. The idea is pretty good, but unless it's pretty cheap, I don't think many people that aren't hardcore would get it.

But are you wlling to pay $20 more every season just to get soem new rosters and not much else? I think one game a year, with lots of work put into it is good enough. The idea is pretty good, but unless it's pretty cheap, I don't think many people that aren't hardcore would get it.

Its a expansion pack, its a addon to the game or a different game.. It would cost them next to nothing to make a expansion pack like that and I dont think everybody who bought the game will buy it, but even if 25% do, they would make a killing. I would be one of the 25% buying it because that would be awsome.

take two's game, if as advertised with the winter ball and such, sounds like a decent investment - one i might make if it's reasonable at the time - but i'm spoiled with mods now. i could handle continuing to play this game if take two's version came out and there wasn't a surplus of mods for it such as this site has. i don't think i could get into another game if the possibility of improving details such as gameplay (kumula's datafile), uniforms (kc "teh rule" star and RAM's massive project), Hory's audio, or REAL roster updates such as the URP wasn't there.

the modders here have turned MVP 2005 from a good game into one that i can hardly resist :mrgreen:

any new pc baseball game will be modded as well. any developer of pc games, realizes the importance of modding communities such as this one, even if they only aknowledge it privately, they are not stupid, they realize the massive amount of longevity modding adds to a game. take mvp 04 for example, many of us played it right up until the day 05 hit the shelves, many still play it. most sports games get real old within a few months IMO. who knows, maybe take2 will actually release modding tools w/ their version? making modding a little easier for those who already know the ropes, and easier learned for those who are wanting to learn.

any new pc baseball game will be modded as well. any developer of pc games, realizes the importance of modding communities such as this one, even if they only aknowledge it privately, they are not stupid, they realize the massive amount of longevity modding adds to a game. take mvp 04 for example, many of us played it right up until the day 05 hit the shelves, many still play it. most sports games get real old within a few months IMO. who knows, maybe take2 will actually release modding tools w/ their version? making modding a little easier for those who already know the ropes, and easier learned for those who are wanting to learn.

That would actually probably sway me. I usually wait a year in between EA Sports titles I buy, due to my lack of income, s I'm used to playing the same game for a while, leading me to m choice of staying with MVP over the years to come. But with me being a patching failure, I think patching tools would make me want to buy the game. It does seem kind of improbable, though, because no cmpany wants to openly admit that the want other people to do work for them, and that theirs wasn't good enough to begin with, without a few patches. Whatever. That's just my opinion.

Quick question, would Take Two make the game with minor leagues in it? Thats the only chance they have to get me as a buyer for the game. It sounds as if they will if they are going to make a winter ball expansion pack.

i think they would if they want to get pc sales.

Quick question, would Take Two make the game with minor leagues in it? Thats the only chance they have to get me as a buyer for the game. It sounds as if they will if they are going to make a winter ball expansion pack.

I'm pretty sure that it does.

Archived