The Return of the Big Red.......

Lual

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upcoming Series: 3 Games @ Pittsburgh Pirates

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds (73-67) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (58-81)

Pirates Sink Reds!

ga141.jpg

Above: Sean Casey gets just 1 of 4 Red hits all game, Right: You can only blame yourselves!

Young Tyler Pelland started his first game for the Reds, and after a bright opening he soon found out how tough life will be in the Majors.

2 innings gone, and Pelland had struck out 4 Pirate batters, as the Reds looekd stady at 0-0. Then things got rough in the 3rd, Pelland loaded the bases with 0 outs, before Jack Wilson tripled to empty the bases, and ruin Tylers day.

The Reds found it tough going in response, and fell way short in a 6-0 loss, only managing 4 hits all game, and not looking like a side just a few games out of the Wildcard race.

Its starting to become desperate now for the Reds, they have to finish off the Pirates in the next 2 games, before a huge homestand will likely shape the end of the Reds 2006.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 9.5GB

Wildcard - 5GB

Reds Talk:

Miley: "OK its a tough loss, but we still have a shot. Granted we need to play .800 baseball till the end of the season, but its possible"

Pelland: "The first 2 innings where fine, things clicked for me, but once the Pirates got onboard, i couldnt stop them"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pitching:

Pelland - 3I 4H 3R 3ER 0BB 4K 0HR 9.00ERA L(0-1)

Parrish - 4I 6H 3R 3ER 0BB 0K 1HR 3.83ERA

Jenks - 1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 5.85ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   0   4   0

PIT   6  12   0

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds (73-68) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (59-81)

Reds Keep Pirates At Bay!

ga143.jpg

Above: Harang comes through again for the Reds, Right: Lets see more of these game endings!

The Reds stayed on course, as they avoided the Pirates ship trying to sink their season.

This time it was the Reds who did all the scoring, as the Pirates failed to muster any offence, mainly due to the solid start from Aaron Harang, who claimed his 16th win of a superb season.

Adam Dunn also found his form again, jamming a solo shot out of PNC Park, as the Reds took an early advantage. 3 more runs followed for the Reds in a insurance 9th, Hill, Javy Lopez and an Error all chipped in for the Reds score, giving them a handy win in Pittsburgh.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 9.5GB

Wildcard - 5GB

Reds Talk:

Dunn: "Its time for me and the other players to step up and show that we can play baseball. Everything we do out there from now until the last out against St. Louis, must be at 100% and perfect. If we fail to make the playoffs, then we have to look at ourselves and ask ' Did we try hard enough'"

Harang: "Id love to put 20 wins on the board this year, and if that helps the Reds make the playoffs, then i will be a happy man"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 2/4

Dunn - 1/3, 1HR, 1RBI

Hill & J.Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Harang - 5.1I 5H 0R 0ER 0BB 5K 0HR 3.90ERA W(16-6)

Hoover - 1.2I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 2K 0HR 0.00ERA

Brazoban - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.06ERA

Alfonseca - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 1.69ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   4   7   0

PIT   0   6   2

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds (74-68) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (59-82)

Griffey Drives Reds Home!

ga142.jpg

Above: Adam Dunn again hits a shot out of the park, Right: Griffey singles 4 times, driving in 4 runs in a big day for the veteran!

A huge rubber match to end the series in Pittsburgh, sees the Reds come away with another huge win, this time holding off a Pirates fighback, to claim a 7-3 win.

It looked like plain-sailing for the Reds, as they burst out to a 6-0 lead, thanks to a pair of homers from Dunn and Casey. El Duke' had kept the Pirates quiet for 5 innings, before giving up 3 runs in the 6th as the hosts halved the Reds advantage.

The Reds then got their act together, with Kline, Marte and Alfonseca all pitching a shutout inning each, as well as Griffey adding his 4th RBI via his 4th single of the day.

Results went the Reds way elsewhere, as the Phillies lost, leaving them just 4GB in the Wildcard with 19 games to play.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 8.5GB

Wildcard - 4GB

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Its good to hear we have gained a game on the Phillies, time is running out, but we can still put them under pressure"

O'Brien (GM): "This race has caught the cities imagination. Every home game we have left is a sellout, so we will get the support we need to try and sneak into the Wildcard place"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/5

F.Lopez - 3/5, 1 Double

Griffey - 4/5, 4RBI

Dunn - 3/5, 1HR, 2RBI, 1 Double

Hill - 2/5

J.Lopez - 2/5

Casey - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Pitching:

Hernandez - 6I 8H 3R 3ER 0BB 0K 1HR 4.64ERA W(7-12)

Kline - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 3.19ERA

Marte - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 2.58ERA

Alfonseca - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 1.64ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   7  17   0

PIT   3  10   1

Upcoming Series: 3 Games Home vs Chicago Cubs

Game 1: Chicago Cubs (83-59) @ Cincinnati Reds (75-68)

Go Reds Go!

ga144.jpg

Above: Dunn dives and misses as the Cubs get 2 on in the 9th, Right: Miley used the bullpen to his advantage in this win!

The Cubs came to Cincinnati hoping to all but seal the NL Central title, but soon left the field licking their wounds, as the Reds keep them at bay to snatch their own crucial win 4-1.

Claussen finally found his expected form, to last 6 innings, gaining his 13th win of the season. He was backed up by a solid bullpen effort, as well as 4 runs including a 2 run dinger from Javy Lopez.

There was a scare for the Reds in the 9th, as Brazoban let 2 men on with 2 outs, before Miley called out Alfonseca to get the final out, as the Reds leave to a standing ovation from a packed GABP.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 7.5GB

Wildcard - 3.5GB

Reds Talk:

Miley: "1 game at a time, thats how we are going about this stretch, who knows where we might end"

Claussen: "I been a weaklink for this rotation, and have let the whole organisation down. Today is the start for me to repay the faith shown in me, so lets hope this continues"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Hill - 2/4

J.Lopez - 2/4, 1HR, 2RBI

F.Lopez & Casey - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 6I 3H 1R 1ER 2BB 3K 0HR 5.01ERA

Marte - 1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 2.55ERA

Brazoban - 1.2I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 2.96ERA

Alfonseca - 0.1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 1.63ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CHC   1   7   1

CIN   4   8   0

Game 2: Chicago Cubs (83-60) @ Cincinnati Reds (76-68)

Reds Ride Mo's 50!

ga145.jpg

Above: Willy makes his 50th and 51st trek around the diamond, to get the Reds their win, Right: Alfonseca is back on song, nabbing his 28th save of the year!

Spirit was the order of the day, as the Reds fought back from 4-0, 5-2 and 6-4 to snatch the victory in the 7th inning, with a 7-6 scoreline.

Pena was the main man yet again for the Reds, as he slammed his 50th and 51st homers of the year, forcing the Reds into the lead with 3RBIs.

Pelland again got the nod to start, but couldnt make it past the 3rd, as he gave up a single run before tiring quickly. Parrish then offered little relief, as he appeared to have blown the Reds chances by giving up 4 more runs through 2 innings pitched.

The Reds started their comeback in the 6th, pulling it to 6-4, before a Pena homer, and a Javy Lopez RBI put the Reds on top. Kline and Alfonseca then put on a no hit 8th and 9th, to ensure the Reds pick up the win.

Its getting tenser by the day, 17 games left, 3.5GB of the Phillies, 2.5GB of the Brewers and tied with the Cardinals, can the Reds pull off the miracle.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 6.5GB

Wildcard - 3.5GB

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Mo' deserves his plaudits. 51 homers is a outstanding acheivement for a 24 year old kid. Hes well on his way to 60 and setting a real benchmark for his career"

Pena: "We dug that out as a team, so lets not talk about who did what, but lets talk about how this team has stuck together, and kept us alive in the season"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Pena - 3/3, 2HR, 3RBI, 1 Double

Hill - 2/4

J.Lopez - 2/4, 3RBI, 1 Double

Pitching:

Pelland - 3I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 1HR 6.00ERA

Parrish - 2I 6H 4R 4ER 0BB 1K 1HR 4.14ERA

Spooneybarger - 2I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 0HR 4.22ERA W(3-1)

Kline - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 3.15ERA

Alfonseca - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 1.59ERA (Save 28)

Box:

R   H   E

CHC   6  10   0

CIN   7  10   0

Game 3: Chicago Cubs (83-61) @ Cincinnati Reds (77-68)

Get Your Brooms Out!

ga146.jpg

Above: Bobby Hill slips, as his error lets the Cubs get men on base early, Right: The team is buzzing again, and morale is high in the Reds camp!

The Reds kept their slim chances of making the playoffs alive, after completing a 3 game sweep of the Cubs with a 4-1 win.

Aaron Harang yet again pitched impressively to go 7 innings and shutting out the potent Cubs offence, whilst also chipping in with an RBI of his own, with a long double to right.

Javy Lopez got the day off, so backup catcher Jose Molina came in to shine, he continued to pad his stats with 1HR and a triple to wrap up the game in style for Cincinnati.

Milwaukee come to Cincinnati for 4 games next, with both their playoff dreams on the line in a crucial series.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 5.5GB

Wildcard - 3.5GB

Reds Talk:

Miley: "We have kept our season alive by putting together a huge series against the Cubs. We still have a tough time trying to catch the Phillies, but we have to believe"

Harang: "No one would of believed me if i said id win 17 games this year, but ive proved alot of people wrong, and made sure the Reds benefit from my game"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Griffey 2/4, 1 Double

Molina - 2/3, 2HR, 1RBI, 1 Triple

Harang - 1RBI

Pitching:

Harang - 7I 5H 0R 0ER 0BB 4K 0HR 3.77ERA W(17-6)

Marte - 2I 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 0HR 2.60ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CHC   1   8   0

CIN   4  10   1

glad to see you're still going lual. i know how tough it is, and i gave in.

cheers mate

its sad to see your dynasty die - maybe when you get the hunger back, we can see another rollie production in here? :wtg:

Upcoming Series: 4 Games Home vs Milwaukee Brewers

Game 1: Milwaukee Brewers (79-66) @ Cincinnati Reds (78-68)

Brewers Blow It!

ga147.jpg

Above: Casey get the comeback started by stretching into a double, Right: Lopez turns to to get the Reds out of the 8th inning!

With their winning streak standing at 5, the Reds found themselves on the brink of defeat, as they trailed 4-1 to the Brewers with just 2 innings left.

The Reds new found spirit shone through brighter than ever, as they forced themselves back into the game, and eventually the lead, as the Reds put on a 6 run 8th inning, to take a game winning 7-4 lead.

Crucial ABs included Casey's 2RBI double, and another 2RBI shot from Javy Lopez, as the big hitters came through in the clutch. Milwaukee will rue leaving in Ben Sheets for his 8IP, with the young Brewer starlet, taking a tough loss after the 8th inning meltdown.

Alfonseca again came in to show hes back on song, cleaning up in the 9th with no hits, earning his 29th save, as the Reds move to 79 wins on the year.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 5.5GB

Wildcard - 3GB

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Those games make you proud to be a manager. We were up against the wall, but came out, pitched tight and more importantly, had patience at the plate to grind out the 6 runs"

Casey: "A couple of weeks ago this game would of passed us by, but we are starting to show our early season form again, and the fight is back in all of us"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

F.Lopez - 2/4

Dunn - 2/4, 1RBI

Hill - 3/4

J.Lopez & Casey - 2RBI

Freel, Griffey & Logan - 1RBI

Pitching:

Hernandez - 6I 8H 4R 4ER 0BB 2K 1HR 4.69ERA

Parrish - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 4.09ERA

Kline - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.11ERA W(7-2)

Alfonseca - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 1.55ERA (Save 29)

Box:

R   H   E

MIL   4  10   0

CIN   7  12   0

Game 2: Milwaukee Brewers (79-67) @ Cincinnati Reds (79-68)

Casey Hits the Right Note!

ga148.jpg

Above: Adam Dunn picks up a tough catch, Right: Walkoff drama, as Sean Casey slams his 2 out solo shot in the 10th inning as the Reds go 7 straight!

Drama seems to follow the Reds like a bad.. well maybe a good smell, as the Reds again comeback late in the game, this time they win it with a walkoff solo dinger from Sean Casey in the 10th inning.

The Brewers again took a lead, this time 3-1 thanks to 3 homers from Lee (2) and Choi. The Reds then saw their own power hitters even things up, as Dunn and Pena both went yard in the 8th inning, giving the Reds their chance.

Bobby Jenks made sure the Brewers didnt score through 9 & 10, so the Reds had, and took their chance as Casey came through with the 2 out solo shot, to spark wild celebrations in a packed GABP.

More good news followed for the Reds, as the scoreboard confirmed a Phillies loss at home to Florida, putting the Reds just 2 games back in the Wildcard race, with 14 games to go

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 4.5GB

Wildcard - 2GB

Reds Talk:

Jenks: "Im finding my feet slowly but surely. It would of been easy for the Reds to farm me out to AAA or even AA, but they have given me a chance and im going to take that with both hands, literally"

Casey: "I could get used to this, but its not just about me out there, its about the team, and we have shown in this series that the Reds are a tight unit, and ready to make the step into the playoffs"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/4

Casey - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Dunn - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Pena - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

F.Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 6.1I 4H 2R 2ER 0BB 5K 2HR 4.94ERA

Hoover - 0.2I 1H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 1HR 3.86ERA

Gardner - 1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 4.88ERA

Jenks - 2I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 5.32ERA W(1-2)

Box:

R   H   E

MIL   3   8   1

CIN   4   7   0

Game 3: Milwaukee Brewers (79-68) @ Cincinnati Reds (80-68)

Hits Dont Always Win Games!

ga149.jpg

Above: Collision at the plate, as the Brewers get their man home, Right: Dunn and Felipe look on, as the Reds struggled early!

The Brewers season is crumbling down around their ears as the Reds inflict yet another defeat, and again coming from behind, this time to put 7 runs on the board in the 7th, after trailign 4-0.

Tyler Pelland made another hash of his start, this time lasting just 1 inning, leaving the bullpen in a tricky situation to clean up 8 innings worth of pitching. Luckily for Tyler, the Reds managed to click at the plate and 2RBI contributions from Griffey, Pena and Casey, pulled the Reds out of the fire.

Milwaukee continued to put pressure on the Reds in the later innings, eventually ending up with 16 hits, but failing to drive home enough runs to threaten the Reds victory. 8-6 Reds, and the 4 game sweep is now insight.

Alongside the achievement of the team, RF Willy Mo Pena broke a record that stood for near on 2 decades. His 53rd homer of the year overtakes the George Fosters 52 (1977) as a Cincinnati Red single season record, moving Pena amongst the greats of one of baseballs most historical clubs.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 3.5GB

Wildcard - 2GB

Reds Talk:

Miley: "This home stand has been a huge lift for us, the fans in Cincinnati really are the best in baseball. Its been sellout after sellout, and it gives us such a lift listening to the roar"

Pelland: "Im really down right now, it looks as if my starting days are over. Ive not done myself any favors since being called up, if the Reds keep me on their roster for the playoffs, i will have to step up and mature quicker than ever"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/4

Griffey - 2/4, 2RBI, 1 Double

Pena - 1/3, 1HR, 2RBI

Casey - 2RBI

Pitching:

Pelland - 1I 5H 2R 2ER 1BB 0K 1HR 7.71ERA

Gardner - 2I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 4.68ERA

Parrish - 3I 5H 3R 3ER 0BB 0K 1HR 4.25ERA W(5-2)

Kline - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 2K 0HR 3.07ERA

Brazoban - 1I 1H 1R 1ER 0BB 2K 1HR 3.08ERA

Alfonseca - 1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 1.51 (Save 30)

Box:

R   H   E

MIL   6  16   1

CIN   8   9   0

Game 4: Milwaukee Brewers (79-69) @ Cincinnati Reds (81-68)

9 Up for the Reds!

ga150.jpg

Above: Harang grabs it, spins and throws the man out at 1st, Right: Dunn gets back on track with a 2 run shot!

1 game back, thats all the Reds stand behind the Phillies in the Wildcard race, as they complete the sweep of the Brewers with a comfortable 9-2 win, ensuring their 9th straight win, in a remarkable september recovery.

The game was tied 2-2 thru 6 innings, but a 6 run blast in the 7th inning, including homers from Pena, Dunn and Casey put the Reds firmly in the driving seat.

There was no response from Milwaukee, and the Reds added another run before the night was out, to claim the win, and for Bobby Jenks his 2nd win as a reliever in the series.

12 games is all thats left now, 3 in San Francisco, 3 at home to Houston, 3 more in Milwaukee before finishing up with 3 in St. Louis. A tough road ahead for the Reds, but they can now move forward with confidence.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 2.5GB

Wildcard - 1GB

Reds Talk:

O'Brien (GM): "What a team, everyone has to be proud of the Reds, this organisation is on the up"

Pena: "I can taste 60 homers, i want to become a hero in a Reds uni', so getting this team to the playoffs, and hitting 60 jacks would be a dream"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 3/4

Pena - 3/4, 1HR, 2RBI

Dunn - 1/3, 1HR, 2RBI

Hill - 2/4, 1 Triple

Casey - 1/4, 1HR, 2RBI

J.Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Harang - 6I 9H 2R 2ER 0BB 4K 1HR 3.75ERA

Jenks - 1.2I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 4.94ERA W(2-2)

Marte - 1.1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 2.56ERA

Box:

R   H   E

MIL   2  11   2

CIN   9  11   0

A Tribute To Cinci'nutty!

With 12 games left in the season, and just 1 more home stand, the Reds show their appreciation to those who have made the Great American Ballpark a special place to play baseball.

The Reds need their fans more than ever, and its time for the team to payback those who have stuck by them through thick and thin.

thanks.jpg

YOU DESERVE A WORLD SERIES..... WE WILL DELIVER!

This tribute extends from the fantasy fans, to you guys, the real fans of this dynasty, over 18000 views is a real testement to the love of baseball on these forums.

Without you guys, the Reds wouldnt be where they are today....this post is in appreciation for every comment, every piece of support and encouragement and every view.

Thank You

your bullpen is getting stronger thats obvious. hope u catch the division leaders :)

Cheers mate, i agree the improvement in my pitching has enabled me to turn things around somewhat :)

Thanks for checking in and punishher too ;)

Upcoming Series: 3 Games @ San Francisco Giants

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds (82-68) @ San Francisco Giants (66-83)

Giants Fall to Runaway Reds!

ga151.jpg

Above: Molina makes the most of his start, by driving in 4RBIs, including a 3 run shot that hits the bottle, Right: Hill makes a rolling grab, and snatches the out with a sharp throw to 1st!

The Reds light up San Francisco to claim their 10th straight win, and incredibly tie up the lead for the National League Wildcard position.

Jose Molina made a rare start in place of Javy Lopez in the catchers role, and he took the chance with an impressive display of offence, hitting a homer, and driving in 4 of the Reds 5 runs.

Add to this another honest outing from Hernandez, who went 7 innings giving up just the 1 run. And clutch if not dominant pitching from both Spooneybarger and Alfonseca to clinch it, made sure the Reds were full value for their 5-3 win at SBC.

The excitement continues tomorrow with Brandon Claussen up against the Giants 'Ace Jason Schmidt, with the Reds hoping to put their own grip on the Wildcard standings.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 1.5GB

Wildcard - Tied w/Phillies

Reds Talk:

Miley: "10 wins on the spin in september is a incredible turnaround in our fortunes. Everybody was writing us off thru August, but we have answered our critics, and put this club back in the race"

Molina: "Ive heard the rumours about Javy not being offered a new deal, so i have to stake my claim for the catchers role in 2007"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/6

Griffey - 2/4

Dunn - 2/3

Molina - 2/5, 1HR, 4RBI, 1 Double

Spooneybarger - 1RBI

Pitching:

Hernandez - 7I 8H 1R 1ER 1BB 4K 1HR 4.55ERA (W8-12)

Spooneybarger - 1I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 1HR 4.33

Alfonseca - 1I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 1HR 1.69ERA (Save 31)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   5  12   0

SF	3  12   0

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds (83-68) @ San Francisco Giants (66-84)

Reds Blip!

ga152.jpg

Above: Claussens grab is overshadowed by his weak showing, Right: Molina again goes yard, but its not enough for the Reds to extend their streak!

10 not 11, the Reds finally have their winning streak snapped at 10 games, as the Giants picked up a solid 7-4 win over the Reds, taling advantage of another bad day for Brandon Claussen.

The Giants had the game in the bag early, as they put 6 runs on without reply thru the 1st 4 innings. A mini revival was sparked by a Hill solo shot, as well as RBIs from Pena and Dunn, but it wasnt to be with the Giants riding off a solid outing from Jason Schmidt.

Molina did crack his 2nd homer in as many games in the 9th, but it wasnt to be for the Reds, as the Giants held on to their 7-4 lead, leaving the Reds asking 'What If?'

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 1.5GB

Wildcard - Tied w/Phillies

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Brandons a tough cookie, he will give his all with every pitch he makes. We will work hard with him to try and get his season back on track"

Claussen: "Im struggling mentally... physically im feeling good, but the ball is becoming a lead weight and thats an issue i need to work through"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/4

Hill - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Molina - 1/1, 1HR, 1RBI

Pena & Dunn - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 5.1I 9H 6R 6ER 0BB 1K 2HR 5.08ERA L(13-12)

Hoover - 1.2I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 2.25ERA

Jenks - 1I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 0HR 5.11ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   4   8   1

SF	7  12   0

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds (83-69) @ San Francisco Giants (67-84)

Case 'o' Salami!

ga153.jpg

Above: Sean Casey's 'Salami' sets the tone for this Reds romp, Right: Griffey admires the Reds from the bench, as he gets a day off!

With just 9 games left in the 2006 regular season, the Reds again find themselves back in prime position to make the playoffs, as their 12-6 romp over the Giants, puts them 0.5 games up on the Phillies, who had a day off.

Sean Casey came up trumps today, as he hit 2 homers, including a 'Granny' in the 8th to put a nice gloss on the scoreline, and leave the Reds in the comfort zone.

Shortstop Felipe Lopez also played a pivotal role with his 5/6 day, driving in 2 runs, whilst Bobby Hill chipped in with 3 and Ryan Freel with the other Reds RBI.

It turned out to be a pitching 'mish-mash' for the Reds, as 5 men shared the duties to keep the Giants at bay, but there will be concern in the Reds organisation for the lack of a real 4th starter. Richie Gardner got the call for todays game, but again he failed to make it past 3 innings, leaving the bulk of the work on the bullpens shoulders.

Its an issue for the Reds to overcome, but at the moment they can bask in their slender lead, as they come back to Cincinnati for their final home series against the struggling Houston Astros.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 1.5GB

Wildcard - 0.5 Games Ahead

Reds Talk:

Miley: "We know our 4th spot in the rotation is a real issue and weaklink. At the moment its covered by a short start, then alot of bullpen help. This cant and wont continue, as we need to get someone in their to establish themselves for the playoffs"

Casey: "Its good to keep on the winning ways, we now go home to finish up our home games against Houston, before a couple of clutch series in Milwaukee and St. Louis. Its a great time to be a Reds player.."

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

F.Lopez - 5/6, 2RBI, 2 Double

Hill - 3/5, 3RBI

Casey - 2/4, 2HR, 6RBI

Freel - 1RBI

Pitching:

Gardner - 3I 5H 3R 3ER 0BB 2K 1HR 4.93ERA

Parrish - 2I 4H 2R 2ER 0BB 1K 1HR 4.35ERA W(6-2)

Kline - 1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 3K 0HR 3.04ERA

Marte - 2I 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 0HR 2.60ERA

Brazoban - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.02ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN  12  15   0

SF	6  15   0

Great stuff Lual. I'm really enjoying following your Dynasty. Mo is turning into a beast.

He's only batting .230 ish in my dynasty, but he's been cranking em' out.

Cheers Mate :)

Mo' just gets better and better - be a bit more patient, and his average will go up - but his power is the key

Upcoming Series: 3 Games Home vs Houston Astros

Game 1: Houston Astros (69-84) @ Cincinnati Reds (84-69)

Reds Success is Houston's Problem!

ga154.jpg

Above: Lopez drives in 2 runs with a clutch double, Right: Bobby Hill makes the diving grab to start a double play!

The final home series for the Reds in the 2006 regular season, and they make it a perfect start, thanks to a simple 9-2 win over the struggling Astros.

Harang again impresses on the mound, going for a complete game, giving up just the 2 runs to the powerful Houston lineup. Harang has matured into one of the top pitchers in baseball, and has stepped up to become a true Ace' since the injury to Carlos Zambrano.

The Reds made the most of their smallball skills, by scoring 9 runs from 15 hits, a few walks and some key steals at the right time. Bobby Hill and Javy Lopez chipped in for 2RBIs each, as the Reds made sure thanks to a 5 run 5th inning.

Post Season Watch:

NL Central - 0.5GB

Wildcard - 0.5 Games Ahead

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Chicago are a realistic target for us now, and we could regain our rightful place on top of the division"

Harang: "Im proud to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Cy Young, it would be a dream to win this award, but even more to see this team make the World Serie"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 3/5, 1RBI, 1 Triple

Dunn - 2/4

Hill - 2/4, 2RBI

J.Lopez - 2/3, 2RBI, 1 Double

Griffey, Pena & Harang - 1RBI

Pitching:

Harang - 9I 7H 2R 2ER 0BB 3K 1HR 3.67ERA W(18-6)

Box:

R   H   E

HOU   2   7   2

CIN   9  15   0

Archived