The Return of the Big Red.......

Lual

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reds Chance the Trade Market:

The Reds need to improve on 2006 was mirrored in their aggresive approach to both the FA Market and then moves on the trading front.

GM Dan O'Brien made 3 big deals to replace some of the holes created by the loss of Casey and Lopez, as the Reds rejuvenated their lineup.

Incredibly the 1st major move was the surprise signing of LF Pedro Feliz as a Free Agent. Feliz was given a 1 year deal at $4,000,000 prompting fears that Adam Dunn may be moved on to entice a Derrick Lee from the Braves.

Rumours then surfaced that Dunn would be shifted to 1st base, giving Feliz the start out left. These were soon crushed, as the Reds made their intentions clear with 3 trades that saw 6 men leave the organisation and 4 men join:

barrett.jpg

(Above: Michael Barrett)

First up was Catcher Michael Barrett. Barrett made his feelings known that he was unhappy with his 'Backup Role' in Detroit behind Pudge', giving the Reds a perfect excuse to put a deal on the table for the player.

Barrett made the move to the Reds in exchange for:

RP - Bobby Jenks: Best known in Cincinnati for blowing game 4 against the Phillies in 2006.

SP - Richie Gardner: Spent his time hopping between the Reds and Bats whilst never making his mark at the Major League level.

C - Gabe Johnson: AAA Catcher but will be happy to learn a trade behind Pudge' in Detroit.

gonzalez.jpg

Above: Adrian Gonzalez)

The Reds manage to pull of a decent coup by attracting 24 year old Gonzalez from the grasp of the Rangers. Teixeira is obviously favoured un Texas, but Adrian is a known talent and will give the Reds a boost at 1st base.

Going the other way:

RP - Tim Spooneybarger: A honest reliever but nothing to spectacular that the Reds couldnt let him move on.

2B - Nick Green: The former A' spent his time at AAA and had little chance of shifting Ryan Freel or Bobby Hill out of the 2B role in the bigs.

boone.jpgmabry.jpg

(Above: Aaron Boone & Jon Mabry)

The final deal made by the Reds saw a return for one of their former stars, as Aaron Boone made his way back to Cincinnati in a 3 player deal.

The Reds decided to shift Pedro Feliz to the Indians as they couldnt justify his salary sitting on the bench following the move to acquire Adrian Gonzalez to play 1st.

With Feliz being a potentially huge upgrade for the Indians, the Reds were able to add in Jon Mabry giving them another position player as depth for the coming season.

Aaron Boone: "Its good to be back here, i enjoyed my time as a Red and hope to give the team something extra in my play. Edwin is a great prospect, so to play alongside him and pass on the knowledge i have gained will be good for both of us"

The rosters are now complete, Spring Training will begin and the Reds road to the World Series will start again.....

Cincinnati Reds Lineup 2007:

Batting Lineup:

2B - Ryan Freel

SS - Felipe Lopez

1B - Adrian Gonzalez

RF - Willy Mo Pena

LF - Adam Dunn

CF - Ken Griffey Jr.

3B - Edwin Encarnacion

C - Michael Barrett

Starting Pitcher (When DH is used Nook Logan will play CF, Griffey will assume DH role)

Bench:

3B - Aaron Boone

SS - Wilson Betemit

CF - Nook Logan

2B - Bobby Hill

Pitching Rotation:

1 - John Smoltz

2 - Carlos Zambrano

3 - Aaron Harang

4 - Adam Wainwright

5 - Brandon Claussen

Bullpen:

LRP - Jesse Crain

LRP - John Parrish

MRP - Esteban Yan

MRP - Yhency Brazoban

MRP - Jairo Garcia

Setup - Damaso Marte

Setup - Steve Kline

Closer - LaTroy Hawkins

(Note: Spring Training was simmed, we went 14-8 with no notable injuries or progression for any Red)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

apologies for the lack of updates

you may have noticed a post of mine in General re: my save

basically updating my game has somehow corrupted my latest save of this dynasty - reinstalling hasnt worked either :(

so with 2006 basically on our doorstep - i will just wait until the modders get MVP05 upto scratch for the new season (love you guys) and start a new dynasty........

Wow this was a TERRIFIC work to read Lual. I am new to the site and stumbled upon this 900+ post masterpiece and I gotta commend you on the ability to stick with your team for 2 seasons! Incredible!

Great reads and what an awesome comeback you had to overtake the Cubs there at the end. Wish you could have gone on to get beat by my Dodgers. ;)

Looking forward to what you have in store for MVP 2006 and I'd love to start a dynasty at the same time -- unfortunately, there's no way I could ever have the time it would take to make it as terrific as yours.

Good reading, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived