Who has pitched the perfect game for you? or close to it

probaseball203

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Javier Vazquez retired the first 26 Houston Astros, then SS Alex Cintron committed a fielding error on a tough roller by the speedy pinch-hitter, but after that Javy retired the 28th batter he faced to complete the no-hitter, I was one play away from perfection...so close...

I had Brad Penny pitching, and he pitched a 10 inning perfect game. Unfortunately, my Dodgers couldn't score either. I had to take him out in the 11th, and the other team scored a run off Carrara in the 12th, winning the game. What a heart breaker.

What is strange is that I have had Penny pitch a perfect game in an Exhibition game I was playing when I first bought the game. The Dodgers did win that game. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just pitched one today. Ramon Ortiz against the Brewers. Final tally: Reds, 9 12 0

Brewers 0 0 0.

Ortiz pitched a 1 hitter earlier in the season @ SF. Moises Alou broke that up with a bad pitch up in the zone.

Not the first perfect game I have pitched. I pitched one on Larussa 95 with Jose Rijo :wink:

The closest I ever got was with Jake Westbrook, pitching to the Royals. 8th inning two outs and Justin Huber comes up. He hits a slow roller to third, Blake picks it up and...throws to second. It must have been a computer glitch because there's no way I would have hit the wrong button! :duh: yeah, no way at all! :roll:

Of all people, Ben Fritz (of AA Midland, before I knew he was out for most, if not all of the season) threw a perfecto for me against Arkansas. I won 6-0. I pitched 2 no-no's last year with Tim Hudson (one walk, and one hbp). I've found if you walk a batter or two, you have a better chance of no hitting the opposition.

Archived