Who has pitched the perfect game for you? or close to it

probaseball203

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, just found this screenshot while cleaning up my hd...

I played a Devil Rays MVP dynasty back in '06, didn't really go off well for me, Kazmir got injured in the 1st inning of the opening game and was out for 90 days and when Hendrickson actually injured himself, too, I couldn't believe that some guy named Casey Fossum was to be my No.1 starter for the months to come.

He was absolutely dreadful in his first start, giving up 5 runs in the 1st and I was thinking about trading Crawford for a good pitcher to actually survive the first month of the season, but after that loss he slowly made his way, going 2-2 with 5 ER in 27 IP and at 2-3, he made this start against Toronto:

pgfossumux7.jpg

He went back to being a guaranteed loss for my team after it and with the trade deadline approaching and his ERA rocketing to around 9.00, I traded him to NYY for some prospects.

They must've put him in AAA or AA, I played this dynasty for 5 more seasons but never saw him again on the Yanks or any other team.

And I never came close to pitching another perfect game.

Hey, just found this screenshot while cleaning up my hd...

I played a Devil Rays MVP dynasty back in '06, didn't really go off well for me, Kazmir got injured in the 1st inning of the opening game and was out for 90 days and when Hendrickson actually injured himself, too, I couldn't believe that some guy named Casey Fossum was to be my No.1 starter for the months to come.

He was absolutely dreadful in his first start, giving up 5 runs in the 1st and I was thinking about trading Crawford for a good pitcher to actually survive the first month of the season, but after that loss he slowly made his way, going 2-2 with 5 ER in 27 IP and at 2-3, he made this start against Toronto:

pgfossumux7.jpg

He went back to being a guaranteed loss for my team after it and with the trade deadline approaching and his ERA rocketing to around 9.00, I traded him to NYY for some prospects.

They must've put him in AAA or AA, I played this dynasty for 5 more seasons but never saw him again on the Yanks or any other team.

And I never came close to pitching another perfect game.

haha what a story

I did it once with Matt Morris, striking out 9 against the Astros. But since I got updated (realistic) sliders, I haven't gotten close except for once with Cole Hamels. Was one out away from perfection when...*sigh*...a single up the gut inbetween a diving Rollins and Utley. I struck out 14 though, an MVP high for me (I'm not sure why, but I remember the team having one righty in the lineup - who it was against, I can't for the life of me remember. Maybe the Padres?)

It seems like I always ALMOST no hit the astros whenever I use Wainwright.

One time I was an out away... Erstad blooped one in past a diving Ankiel.. I took that personally.

Another time I pitched 11 innings of a perfect game with Kyle Lohse... It was against the dodgers, I took the lead in the 12th, on a Kyle Lohse home run... then I blew the perfecto on the first batter of the 12th inning.

Just recently I threw my first no hitter since I started playing on All Star. It was with Adam Wainwright against the Astros.... Erstad lined out to 3rd.... It was sweet.

• 1 month later...

Had two perfect games with Pedro Martinez going into the ninth, and lost both exactly the same way on throwing errors by Jose Reyes. Once to start the ninth against the Cards, once with two out (that one was a killer) against the Braves. This was in the 07 Mod.

Also had a one baserunner game with Orlando Hernandez pitching. That one baserunner coming on a 430+ ft homer by Travis Hafner in the middle innings.

Once I pitched an 11 inning perfect game w/Zambrano (10 innings) & Marmol (1 inning) combined, only to have Wood give up a home run in the bottom of the 12th, costing me the game.

And just last night I had Sabathia throw a 1 hitter against me...

• 4 weeks later...

Just threw a perfect game with Verlander last night against the Royals in KC. Ended up with 12k which to me is even more amazing than the perfect game. It is VERY hard for me to get K's with Verlander. Batter's hit under .200 against him with me, but he only averages about 5k per 9. Either way I was exited.

Had two perfect games with Pedro Martinez going into the ninth, and lost both exactly the same way on throwing errors by Jose Reyes. Once to start the ninth against the Cards, once with two out (that one was a killer) against the Braves. This was in the 07 Mod.

Also had a one baserunner game with Orlando Hernandez pitching. That one baserunner coming on a 430+ ft homer by Travis Hafner in the middle innings.

Hah.

I guess you better get rid of that error prone Reyes. He's spoiling it for Pedro.

:lmao:

Congrads on perfect games e1. In the last year, the closest I've been is 7 hits. So, I guess I have a little ways to go. :)

Randy Jones (yest, the 1976 Cy Young winner) did it for me last week, first one ever. I'm playing the Total Classics mod, and I'm the 84 Tigers with fantasy draft. He did it vs the 83 White Sox and Jose Rijo (of the 90 Reds fame). Final score 4-0, two homer game from Manny Ramirez. I don't have the box score, but his line was 9 innings, 4 K's.

Archived