Big Shmooz Ultimate Roster update with Umachines uni's

big shmooz

Just to let people know, I am currently working on a mod that will have the updated Ultimate rosters with a models.big that has both cyberfaces & Umachines uniforms. I have already finished installing all the uniforms & am currently working on the cyberfaces.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a suggestion, is there anyway to include a portrait big file with all the photo players especially hory's they are the best.

Indeed there is. However Hory has to ok it first. If he does, I don't mind uploading it with the rosters & models.big (& uniforms.big)

It's been done buddy, it has KC'S main uni's and for the extras its the unis be Umachines. It also includes Minor league unis.

Huh? Who did that? I didn't. What I did with KCcitystar's unis was I had that with cyberfaces. There are no additional uniforms in that upload. If you look in the read me I clearly state that.

I do have Umachines uni's, but it's in the other download. The one that has moser's uniforms.

Thanks Schmooze!! I really appreciate it as do a lot of others. :hail: :hail: :hail: :wtg:

I am about halfway done with the cyberfaces for the pure Umachines only uni's upload. LOL... my thumb & index fingers are literally feeling like they are going to fall off. I have been working on this almost 9 hours straight with almost no breaks.

I have to manually install every single cyberface. (& there are hundreds of them) Then I have to compress each set indivifually in biggui. Then I have to install the next set. Then compress it again etc... I have already done over a 200 cyberfaces. It's taken me close to 6 hours on those alone.

Anyway, I need to rest my fingers a bit. I probably will do some more later tonight & hopefully G-D willing I should finish by some time tomorrow.

Hey shmooz

man that is quite some time you've put into this project of combining everything together into one file I have been waiting for months for someone to do this because I didn't want to install everything seperately with cyberfaces and stuff.

I have a few questions though

1. I saw that you uploaded the one file recently with your latest ultimate roster 2.35 with KC's unis and all of the cyberfaces that have been uploaded to this site, however the readme has me a bit confused

I'm assuimg the following

This file contains every single cyberface uploaded to MVP Mods for MVP Baseball 2005, and contains KC's Total MLB latest version of 1.05 uniform set along with ultimate roster 2.35 is this correct?

that's all I really want, no offense to anyone else's unis here but I love KC's work and have been using his total MLB uni set ever since it came out.

his are the only unis I want in my game, however did he do any minor league unis for the minor league teams or just the MLB ones, if he didn't do the minors, did the other file that UMachines and Moser's unis have minor leagues unis in as well as the majors?

2ndly, I'm awaiting to see if you can also make one all inclusive portrait file from all the portraits that have been released here on this site

I have high speed Cable Modem so it would take me no time at all hardly to download a couple hundred MB's.

basically what I'm really looking for is a complete file containing the following

all the cyberfaces uploaded here at this site by everyone

KC's latest version ot Total MLB 1.05, an all inclusive Portrait file of the portraits that have been uploaded by everyone here at this site and ur latest roster from the ultimate roster set, which I believe is 2.35 if I'm not mistaken.

It'd be sweet as an added bonus to have all the minor league unis thrown in as well, but I'm already asking for a lot so I'll just be content with whatever you can give us, God knows you've done so much already with all the hours you've put into all of this.

Thanks again for your time, I look forward to hearing back from you on this when you get a chance.

darn, anyone know why I can't have an avatar show up at all, I can't even pick one from the gallery of MLB ones, I select one and it still shows up as a red x broken link, I try linkng to an off site one and I get the same thing, has avatars been disabled for me or something?

i dunno man, but i freakin loved that chick one u had on there :hail:

that was a pic of Jessica Biel from her new movie "Stealth" that comes out in the end of July, she's in a blue bikini for a few mins when she goes swimming in one scene, from what the trailer showed, that's where the pic came from.

I still have the avatar of her, it shows up when I view the main page of this site, but no avatar shows up when I post, it's very weird.

Hey shmooz

man that is quite some time you've put into this project of combining everything together into one file I have been waiting for months for someone to do this because I didn't want to install everything seperately with cyberfaces and stuff.

I have a few questions though

1. I saw that you uploaded the one file recently with your latest ultimate roster 2.35 with KC's unis and all of the cyberfaces that have been uploaded to this site, however the readme has me a bit confused

I'm assuimg the following

This file contains every single cyberface uploaded to MVP Mods for MVP Baseball 2005, and contains KC's Total MLB latest version of 1.05 uniform set along with ultimate roster 2.35 is this correct?

that's all I really want, no offense to anyone else's unis here but I love KC's work and have been using his total MLB uni set ever since it came out.

his are the only unis I want in my game, however did he do any minor league unis for the minor league teams or just the MLB ones, if he didn't do the minors, did the other file that UMachines and Moser's unis have minor leagues unis in as well as the majors?

2ndly, I'm awaiting to see if you can also make one all inclusive portrait file from all the portraits that have been released here on this site

I have high speed Cable Modem so it would take me no time at all hardly to download a couple hundred MB's.

basically what I'm really looking for is a complete file containing the following

all the cyberfaces uploaded here at this site by everyone

KC's latest version ot Total MLB 1.05, an all inclusive Portrait file of the portraits that have been uploaded by everyone here at this site and ur latest roster from the ultimate roster set, which I believe is 2.35 if I'm not mistaken.

It'd be sweet as an added bonus to have all the minor league unis thrown in as well, but I'm already asking for a lot so I'll just be content with whatever you can give us, God knows you've done so much already with all the hours you've put into all of this.

Thanks again for your time, I look forward to hearing back from you on this when you get a chance.

Answer to question 1... yes, except as was pointed out to me, that I neglected to put in P. Hughes of the Tampa Yankees. This omission has since been corrected, but I am not going to upload a whole new mod just because of one cyberface. (even on cable it's a 25 minute upload) So it may be a while before my upload will be posted again for this version.

KCcitystar did not do any minor leagues. Hence I did not upload any minor league uni's in that mod. Yes, the other file with the huge models.big (600 megs) has the minor league uniforms in it. That is part of why the file is so large. (that was 3 questions, not 1 heh heh)

Answer to question 2... I actually have such a portrait.big that I am using & it would be easy enough to upload. However as I have stated before to others who asked me this... (check the thread devoted to my upload) I can not do that unless I first get permission from Hory who actually worked very hard (& did a great job) on making up these pics.

I do appreciate that you realize all the work that has been put into this. Actually I have put in at least literally 400 hours of time into this & probably even more. I sit there watching games & study the ballplayers & then edit them. (Then a newer roster came along & I had to redo alot of the stuff I had already done.)

Then all the other stuff of changing cyberface numbers because they didn't match. Figuring out what goes where. Making sure there are no duplicates. Installing uniforms, installing the bitmaps to get the uniforms to show. Then having to do it all a second time because fuzz studio will not work with a models.big that has over 3,000 files. Installing cyberfaces MANUALLY, etc...

Anyway, it is nice to be appreciated. I gain something with all the time I put into this project in that it makes it easier to empathize with all the modders that do the real work on graphically enhancing this game.

EDIT: Oops, I thought I saw it in the readme, sorry ThatsSwan, I feel like an ***. :depress: :cry: :depress: :cry:

Don't worry. It's no big deal. That read me is so long it can mix anybody up. (it took me over 20 minutes to write it)

Btw... interesting quote you have there. I tend to look on the bright side of things. If a coward dies a thousand deaths, it means he gets to live a thousand & one times. :lol:

Answer to question 1... yes, except as was pointed out to me, that I neglected to put in P. Hughes of the Tampa Yankees. This omission has since been corrected, but I am not going to upload a whole new mod just because of one cyberface. (even on cable it's a 25 minute upload) So it may be a while before my upload will be posted again for this version.

KCcitystar did not do any minor leagues. Hence I did not upload any minor league uni's in that mod. Yes, the other file with the huge models.big (600 megs) has the minor league uniforms in it. That is part of why the file is so large. (that was 3 questions, not 1 heh heh)

Answer to question 2... I actually have such a portrait.big that I am using & it would be easy enough to upload. However as I have stated before to others who asked me this... (check the thread devoted to my upload) I can not do that unless I first get permission from Hory who actually worked very hard (& did a great job) on making up these pics.

I do appreciate that you realize all the work that has been put into this. Actually I have put in at least literally 400 hours of time into this & probably even more. I sit there watching games & study the ballplayers & then edit them. (Then a newer roster came along & I had to redo alot of the stuff I had already done.)

Then all the other stuff of changing cyberface numbers because they didn't match. Figuring out what goes where. Making sure there are no duplicates. Installing uniforms, installing the bitmaps to get the uniforms to show. Then having to do it all a second time because fuzz studio will not work with a models.big that has over 3,000 files. Installing cyberfaces MANUALLY, etc...

Anyway, it is nice to be appreciated. I gain something with all the time I put into this project in that it makes it easier to empathize with all the modders that do the real work on graphically enhancing this game.

ok I just want to make sure I have this straight, haha, you're probably gonna think I'm either A. really dense, or B. just a pain in the *** haha lol, sorry

anyway, ok I did a search for all the files you submitted here, I found the one that specifically says it contains KC's unis along with the roster and cyberfaces, then there is a lite version without the unis, that contains just the faces and roster, then there was a 3rd one, I copy/pasted the file description

Big Shmooz Roster & Models.big Recommend

Category: MVP Baseball 2005 / Rosters

Version: 1.0

Filesize: 237.82 MB

Added on: Jun-27-2005

Downloads: 290

Big Shmooz Roster & Models.big (with uniform.big file)

you said there was one that was 600 MB? I assume its that one, when you unzip it all, correct? because the file size only says 237 MB, I'm not seeing a 600 MB one anywhere, unless u meant that its 600 MB when u fully unzip it?

if my assumption is correct, then, that specific file is the one that contains all the cyberfaces, the unis done by Umachines and Moser, both MLB and Minor League unis, plus the 2.35 ultimate roster set, is this correct?

the 2nd file that specifically is named KC's unis, contains all the faces and ultimate roster 2.35 as well, but only KC's Total MLB package for all 30 MLB teams, with NO MINOR LEAGUES

and the lite version contains no unis, just the faces and ultimate roster?

I've already downloaded both the KC version of your file and the other file, not the lite one, the regular one, but haven't installed them yet until I know what exactly they contain.

as far as what you said about an update, with missing a cyberface or 2, hey that's not big deal to me, like u said, its not worth uploading a whole package again over 1 or 3 faces and I agree, hopefully you'll be able to get permission to package a total portraits file into your existing package, that would make for one hell of a complete package haha.

ok I just want to make sure I have this straight, haha, you're probably gonna think I'm either A. really dense, or B. just a pain in the *** haha lol, sorry

anyway, ok I did a search for all the files you submitted here, I found the one that specifically says it contains KC's unis along with the roster and cyberfaces, then there is a lite version without the unis, that contains just the faces and roster, then there was a 3rd one, I copy/pasted the file description

Big Shmooz Roster & Models.big Recommend

Category: MVP Baseball 2005 / Rosters

Version: 1.0

Filesize: 237.82 MB

Added on: Jun-27-2005

Downloads: 290

Big Shmooz Roster & Models.big (with uniform.big file)

you said there was one that was 600 MB? I assume its that one, when you unzip it all, correct? because the file size only says 237 MB, I'm not seeing a 600 MB one anywhere, unless u meant that its 600 MB when u fully unzip it?

if my assumption is correct, then, that specific file is the one that contains all the cyberfaces, the unis done by Umachines and Moser, both MLB and Minor League unis, plus the 2.35 ultimate roster set, is this correct?

the 2nd file that specifically is named KC's unis, contains all the faces and ultimate roster 2.35 as well, but only KC's Total MLB package for all 30 MLB teams, with NO MINOR LEAGUES

and the lite version contains no unis, just the faces and ultimate roster?

I've already downloaded both the KC version of your file and the other file, not the lite one, the regular one, but haven't installed them yet until I know what exactly they contain.

as far as what you said about an update, with missing a cyberface or 2, hey that's not big deal to me, like u said, its not worth uploading a whole package again over 1 or 3 faces and I agree, hopefully you'll be able to get permission to package a total portraits file into your existing package, that would make for one hell of a complete package haha.

My answer is "C" (none of the above). You understood it perfectly & are correct on all counts. (though you forgot to mention the other uniform makers like BigBully & KCcitystar (his Al west extra uni's) & Ram. It's all in the readme as to whose uniforms I used). & yes, the models.big is 600 megs after it's unzipped. This is why I used winace to archive the files. Winzip just doesn't do it as well. I got a 627 1/2 meg size files... roster, models.big & uniform.big down to 237 megs. Not bad, eh?

ok that's cool, just wanted to get everything straight.

I came up with an idea and wanted to run it by you.

what happens if I did the following.

If I downloaded your regular version file, the one that unzips to approx. 600 MB's, the one that DOES contain the MINOR LEAGUE unis, along with everything else. Then I downloaded KC's Total MLB 1.05 Package installer exe program and it installed all his total MLB unis, what I be correct in assuming the following......

for the MLB unis, I would now be using/seeing KC's unis in the game and NOT Umachines and Moser's unis because KC's uni package installer from total MLB would overwrite the MLB unis made by Moser and Umachines, and YET it would still keep all the Minor League unis in there that were installed from your file

so essentially it would look like the following procedure

install your original file the one that conatains unis by everybody, including the minors as well, the cyberfaces, the roster etc....

then download/install KC's latest version of his Total MLB 1.05 and I assume it would overwrite all the currect MLB unis I just installed done by Umachines, Moser, Ram etc and WOULD ONLY USE KC's unis for the majors, however the minor league unis would remain untouched, since KC didn't make any minor league unis.

so I'd have a mix of the best of both worlds?

am I correct in this theory?

ph sorry, I didn't mean to refer to KC's unis being the best over everyone else's by saying the best of both worlds, I didn't mean it like that, I just prefer his unis over the others for the MLB teams.

anyway, I just wanted to run my theory by you to see if that could be done and get your thoughts on it.

Thanks!

In this next upload, are you gonna have the new umachines kansas city royals pack in there as well? Also, I was just going to mention that in your models.big file, there are two guys that didn't have cyberfaces that are uploaded to this site - Cory Hart (Brewers AAA) and Kyle Davies (Braves).

ok that's cool, just wanted to get everything straight.

I came up with an idea and wanted to run it by you.

what happens if I did the following.

If I downloaded your regular version file, the one that unzips to approx. 600 MB's, the one that DOES contain the MINOR LEAGUE unis, along with everything else. Then I downloaded KC's Total MLB 1.05 Package installer exe program and it installed all his total MLB unis, what I be correct in assuming the following......

for the MLB unis, I would now be using/seeing KC's unis in the game and NOT Umachines and Moser's unis because KC's uni package installer from total MLB would overwrite the MLB unis made by Moser and Umachines, and YET it would still keep all the Minor League unis in there that were installed from your file

so essentially it would look like the following procedure

install your original file the one that conatains unis by everybody, including the minors as well, the cyberfaces, the roster etc....

then download/install KC's latest version of his Total MLB 1.05 and I assume it would overwrite all the currect MLB unis I just installed done by Umachines, Moser, Ram etc and WOULD ONLY USE KC's unis for the majors, however the minor league unis would remain untouched, since KC didn't make any minor league unis.

so I'd have a mix of the best of both worlds?

am I correct in this theory?

Thanks!

Actually it seems about right. Howver you will have to install the uniforms of KC manually.

Just to let people know, I am currently working on a mod that will have the updated Ultimate rosters with a models.big that has both cyberfaces & Umachines uniforms. I have already finished installing all the uniforms & am currently working on the cyberfaces.

Your new name should be BigSmooth............. :lol: You da man if you get this one out. I have painstakingly done the same thing, but cyberfaces are the only thing I havnt done yet. I know the pain - I feel the pain! ! ! "Was that my index finger"? Oh well I still have 3 more good ones.............. :lol: :coffee: :hail: mucho respect schmooz..

In this next upload, are you gonna have the new umachines kansas city royals pack in there as well? Also, I was just going to mention that in your models.big file, there are two guys that didn't have cyberfaces that are uploaded to this site - Cory Hart (Brewers AAA) and Kyle Davies (Braves).

As far as the Umachine KC Royals. Yes. That is my plan.

Let me check on the Hart & Davies thing. Thanks for pointing it out. I appreciate that.

Ok... I checked it out... Davies is actually in the models.big, but I neglected to change his face number. It needs to be changed in MVP edit to 638

I will now check out Hart.

I just checked out Hart. Hart does have a cyberface too. He is on the Nashville Sounds. His number is 597. I think you made a mistake because that one is in the game already.

Your new name should be BigSmooth............. :lol: You da man if you get this one out. I have painstakingly done the same thing, but cyberfaces are the only thing I havnt done yet. I know the pain - I feel the pain! ! ! "Was that my index finger"? Oh well I still have 3 more good ones.............. :lol: :coffee: :hail: mucho respect schmooz..

Heh heh, you have three more good index fingers? ...

Oh... & thanks for the sympathy... it's both needed & appreciated. :cry:

Archived