Big Shmooz Ultimate Roster update with Umachines uni's

big shmooz

Eazip is not used to make cyberfaces. It is used as a compression for things. It will compress cyberfaces but it can compress uniforms too. Uniforms are .fsh files.

The file is not corrupted. Many people have downloaded it. It's fine. Try downloading it again when you get the chance, it is a perfectly good working file.

Btw... please also download & install the Polanco & Nakamura fix also. (they are 2 separate downloads located in the faces section of the downloads) Otheriwise if you play with those guys in the game, your game will crash. Just wanted to warn you about this. In my next upload this will be corrected, but for now, please use the fix I uploaded on those two players. Instructions as to how to install them are on the location of the downloads itself.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can u make a new update with the current all-star team???

I have to think about that. If I do it, it will have to be in a later update. The reason for this is that I am currently uploading all new versions of the rosters with models.big that do not contain this update.

But I may decide to do this. I will see timewise how it goes & then decide.

Hey Schmooz, in your latest upload (the one from today), did you put Bret Boone on the Minnesota Twins? He was acquired earlier today for a player to be named later. Just wondering. Continue the great work.

Sorry, I just looked at your .mbe upload read me and found out that you do have Boone on the Twins; sorry for the post. Thanks again Schmooz.

How would I go about installing new cyberfaces that come out. I don't want to download your file again since im using dialup. So could you give me a quick tutorial. E-mail: gogrizzlies9@aol.com Thanks

Instructions on installing cyberfaces are already in the read me.

As far as changing numbers to match my rosters.... Simply download the .mbe file & read the numbers in there of the cyberfaces. Then change the numbers in the .ord. .orl & .fsh files to match the numbers in my rosters & install the cyberface files.

Then export the .mbe file to your game to get the new cyberfaces to show up.

Also please understand that if you do install other things that is fine, however I then take no responsibility of something goes wrong. (though I will still try to help you out if it does)

Hey Schmooz, in your latest upload (the one from today), did you put Bret Boone on the Minnesota Twins? He was acquired earlier today for a player to be named later. Just wondering. Continue the great work.

Yes I know he was. Unfortunately at the time I uploaded it, I didn't yet know about it. However I also uploaded an .mbe file which does contain that move plus the T.B. signing of Borowski. (it's in the read me on the site.) Just download that also & export the .mbe file to your rosters with MVP Edit.

hey Schmooz, David Ortiz's face is screwed up in this latest file, it was not an issue in the previous but I overwrote the last update.

That makes no sense. I did not touch his face at all. I actually played my friend tonight online & he played as the Red Sox. I happened to have the UMachine version of the models.big at the time in my data folder & his face was just fine.

May I ask how it is messed up? I am assuming you are using the Umachine's version of my uploads.

Btw... I just went to check right now in edit player (using Umachine version of the models.big) & Ortiz's face is fine.

I would recommend first reinstalling the download & make sure you extract the ENTIRE .ace file to the main MVP directory & say yes to overwrite.

Hope this helps. Please post back results.

This keeps running my game choppy......is there any way I can make the game not choppy w/o changing any resolution settings?

The best I can say is, experiment with different settings. But you need to understand, this is an upgrade & hence it is more taxing on your system.

OK Big Shmooz, I'm for some reason still having problems with the mod. I did a clean install of my game and then I downloaded your mod (the latest UMachines version of the models.big) along with the bat selector, one of the newest datafiles, and the cyberfaces file you just uploaded a couple of days ago. According to what I noticed when I looked in Biggui to find out of everything was compressed or not (it was thank goodness) I should be all set. I started a dynasty with the Astros and simmed up to the April 22nd game at St. Louis with the Cards. For some reason when I tried to start up a game it crashed. Not sure why it did but it did. I only used the default home and away uniforms for each team and didn't download a stadium mod (since I heard they sometimes cause problems so I'm gonna play in the default stadiums instead). I did do a few modifications on the roster file (the mbelike player abilities and whatnot) but I am hoping that wouldn't cause a crash in the game. What do you think?? It seems like no matter what I try it doesn't want to work and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. :huh: Let me know what you think OK?? Later!!!

OK Big Shmooz, I'm for some reason still having problems with the mod. I did a clean install of my game and then I downloaded your mod (the latest UMachines version of the models.big) along with the bat selector, one of the newest datafiles, and the cyberfaces file you just uploaded a couple of days ago. According to what I noticed when I looked in Biggui to find out of everything was compressed or not (it was thank goodness) I should be all set. I started a dynasty with the Astros and simmed up to the April 22nd game at St. Louis with the Cards. For some reason when I tried to start up a game it crashed. Not sure why it did but it did. I only used the default home and away uniforms for each team and didn't download a stadium mod (since I heard they sometimes cause problems so I'm gonna play in the default stadiums instead). I did do a few modifications on the roster file (the mbelike player abilities and whatnot) but I am hoping that wouldn't cause a crash in the game. What do you think?? It seems like no matter what I try it doesn't want to work and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. :huh: Let me know what you think OK?? Later!!!

I think you hit the nail on the head. I have spoken to others also who have edited the rosters with the .mbe file & have caused themselves crashes. There is a particular way to edit things in an .mbe file. If you don't do it right, this can cause your game also to crash. Try starting another dynasty with the Astros as a test. This time do not edit anything in the rosters (use the rosters the download came with or import the latest .mbe file I uploaded to the site) & see if you still crash. If you do not, then you know the culprit.

Please post back results. Thanks.

Btw... on a side note... I don't know why you downloaded the cyberfaces only if you already have the latest models.big. You basically reinstalled what you already had. The cyberface only zip file was made for those who do not have the latest models.big because they are dial up modem users & it would take too long to download the entire models.big.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I have spoken to others also who have edited the rosters with the .mbe file & have caused themselves crashes. There is a particular way to edit things in an .mbe file. If you don't do it right, this can cause your game also to crash. Try starting another dynasty with the Astros as a test. This time do not edit anything in the rosters (use the rosters the download came with or import the latest .mbe file I uploaded to the site) & see if you still crash. If you do not, then you know the culprit.

Please post back results. Thanks.

Btw... on a side note... I don't know why you downloaded the cyberfaces only if you already have the latest models.big. You basically reinstalled what you already had. The cyberface only zip file was made for those who do not have the latest models.big because they are dial up modem users & it would take too long to download the entire models.big.

Btw, you said there is a particular way to edit things in an .mbe file, what is that proper way to do it?? I want to know if I did anything wrong when I did my editing last week. You don't have to uncheck the "read only" box for the models.big in order to edit the roster file do you?? If not, then what could I have done wrong?? Later man and thanks again!! :hail:

Btw, you said there is a particular way to edit things in an .mbe file, what is that proper way to do it?? I want to know if I did anything wrong when I did my editing last week. You don't have to uncheck the "read only" box for the models.big in order to edit the roster file do you?? If not, then what could I have done wrong?? Later man and thanks again!! :hail:

You are correct, you do not have to uncheck the models.big file. Editing rosters has nothing to do with the models.big file. That has to do with the .dat files that are in the database folder.

The editing in MVPEdit should be done in a particular way. If you insert somebody into the lineups, do not do so when you have more than 25 players on the team. First make sure to delete players to equal 25 or less. Only then insert a player in a lineup. Also, never delete a player off the roster before you insert somebody in his place in the lineups.

As far as pitchers are concerned, never delete a pitcher from the starting rotation unless you first insert another pitcher in his place. Preferably, do not insert a pitcher into the number 1 or number 5 spot from outside the rotation.

This means that if you plan to replace a pitcher in the 1 or 5 spot, first switch with a pitcher already in the rotation to that spot. Then replace the pitcher you want, by putting the new pitcher into the 2 or 3 or 4 spot (wherever you had moved him to in the rotation) Then maneuver back your pitching staff to your liking in the rotation.

Also, there is a check errors feature in MVPedit. Use this feature often to check on what you have done to make sure you have not done anything wrong.

Also, back up often, so if you make a mistake, you don't have to start all over again, but rather you can start over from the last place you saved your work at.

Hope this info helps.

You are correct, you do not have to uncheck the models.big file. Editing rosters has nothing to do with the models.big file. That has to do with the .dat files that are in the database folder.

The editing in MVPEdit should be done in a particular way. If you insert somebody into the lineups, do not do so when you have more than 25 players on the team. First make sure to delete players to equal 25 or less. Only then insert a player in a lineup. Also, never delete a player off the roster before you insert somebody in his place in the lineups.

As far as pitchers are concerned, never delete a pitcher from the starting rotation unless you first insert another pitcher in his place. Preferably, do not insert a pitcher into the number 1 or number 5 spot from outside the rotation.

This means that if you plan to replace a pitcher in the 1 or 5 spot, first switch with a pitcher already in the rotation to that spot. Then replace the pitcher you want, by putting the new pitcher into the 2 or 3 or 4 spot (wherever you had moved him to in the rotation) Then maneuver back your pitching staff to your liking in the rotation.

Also, there is a check errors feature in MVPedit. Use this feature often to check on what you have done to make sure you have not done anything wrong.

Also, back up often, so if you make a mistake, you don't have to start all over again, but rather you can start over from the last place you saved your work at.

Hope this info helps.

Oh OK, I usually do a fantasy draft when I start a dynasty so I don't even really pay close attention to the lineups/rotations. That could be why it didn't work last night after I had updated the drivers. I'll work on that tonight then. Thanks for the info Big Shmooz, you're a big help to someone like myself who is learning on the fly.....LOL :lol: Still a great job on the roster files and the models.big files. Keep up the great work man!!! Later!!! :hail:

I am thanks G-D as I type this, uploading a new version of it, with all trade updates plus the latest cyberfaces installed.
This latest one includes the new Indians set & all of the "down on the farm" sets? Can't wait for it. You are the man Schmooz!

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any other tips for editing .mbe files?

Here is my dilema. I installed the latest U-Machines Unis and rosters/cyberfaces by shmooz. All seems to go well, except and random points in the game it will just freeze up. Not crash, but just freeze to the point where I have to restart. The only editing I have done that could cause this is updating ratings/stances/pitch types for the Met players. I did not move any players around in MVP Edit.

One thing I noticed, three of the four times it has frozen, Jose Reyes has been running the bases. Don't know if that is a coincidence or not.

I have the same problem. Have not been able to pin it down to one thing. Certain stadium mods has been one idea of mine, then my theory gets bashed. Some of the mods are rich in size.

It has been quite hot here in Maine this summer and there have been times I've noticed my CPU running hotter during game play and have experienced the freeze. So i have just restarted the game with the hopes that it does not repeat. Sometimes it has and other times it has not. The freeze has most of the time caused an error in the game .exe. But there have been many other times that no error message is displayed.

Who knows? When I get a full game in & have tweaked it, what a fantastic game. Everyones mods contribute to this experience. They make the game so much more!

Archived