Big Shmooz Ultimate Roster update with Umachines uni's

big shmooz

I downloaded version 1.11 The Mariners jerseys are out of place.

If you use the grey jerseys with blue sleeves you get the greenish one with the sleeves blue. If you use that greenish one its the regular home one. I didn't try the other ones, so you may want to look at the Mariners for the next version.

Also, the Cardinals St Pat unis are the regular red ones.

Other than that, it looks good to me. Great update.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will G-D willing get to it in time for the next update.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi buddy.

Question: How many more faces can ya fit in this great old upload of yours. I'm hoping you can fit the 36 face pack Zack is trying to release and bodiballs DOTF number 8 which will include 3 faces I'm looking forward to getting. Please respond at your leasuire. Have a good weekend.-Mo

Hi buddy.

Question: How many more faces can ya fit in this great old upload of yours. I'm hoping you can fit the 36 face pack Zack is trying to release and bodiballs DOTF number 8 which will include 3 faces I'm looking forward to getting. Please respond at your leasuire. Have a good weekend.-Mo

The 36 pack will fit, but after that I am cutting it totally close, I will have to dig & find places for any cyberfaces after those.

You don't have to answer this question, but, you're considering cutting out the Legends and Heroes faces, huh?

The models.big cyberface numbers are reaching it's max. I don't control that. If 100 more new faces are going to be released, there is going to have to be a cut somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the rosters and models.big file ( the 200 mb file ), extracted everything, but I don't see any new cyberfaces.

I'm not sure what to do next.

I am not sure what you mean by no new cyberfaces... What about the Cano update? What about Gabe Kapler? What about Bob Howry? What about Seo's 2x face? What about Concepcion? What about the new Floyd face? What about Olivo? What about Lopez? What about Lackey? (& there may be a few more too)

If you are looking for actual faces to install (which I suspect you are looking for) you are not supposed to install any faces. You are simply supposed to extract the .ace file to your main mvp folder. The extraction does the rest for you. If you read the readme, it explains everything.

That's the thing, I extracted everything, put the models.big file in the data folder, the uniforms.big file in the frontend folder and all the data in the data folder, but I don't see any new cyberfaces ( no cano, wang, farnsworth, howry, etc. ) and the game crashed back to my desktop when I went to look at howry's face.

did I do something wrong?

EDIT: I might add that this is the first time I've downloaded any of your files ( the roster update that is ), so maybe that has something to do with it.

That's the thing, I extracted everything, put the models.big file in the data folder, the uniforms.big file in the frontend folder and all the data in the data folder, but I don't see any new cyberfaces ( no cano, wang, farnsworth, howry, etc. ) and the game crashed back to my desktop when I went to look at howry's face.

did I do something wrong?

EDIT: I might add that this is the first time I've downloaded any of your files ( the roster update that is ), so maybe that has something to do with it.

All you had to do was extract the .ace file to your main mvp folder. Don't extract each thing individually.

Anyway, what do you mean by "and all the data in the data folder"? What data is that? If you mean the .dat files, that would be what you did incorrectly. The .dat files don't go to the data folder. They go to the database folder. Hope this helps.

Anyway, in the future simply just extract the entire .ace file to your MVP folder & all will work properly.

for some reason I keep getting problems when I download cyberfaces manually - some will work, but all of a sudden other faces won't work, become uncompressed and can't be compressed again ).

That happens because you don't keep your models.big in read only mode. Also, if you are using biggui to import cyberaces, stop doing so & use eagraph instead. First compress the files with winzip & then import them with eagraph. if you do not know how to do this, I explain how to do so in detail in the second readme that comes with my download.

okay thanx...

I got your mod to work now and it is great ( though some faces have skintones that do not match those of the body skintones, but all in all it looks fantastic ).

Only thing is though, the game freezes up on me evey now and then. It seems to be totally random, but just thought I'd mention it.

great work

okay thanx...

I got your mod to work now and it is great ( though some faces have skintones that do not match those of the body skintones, but all in all it looks fantastic ).

Only thing is though, the game freezes up on me evey now and then. It seems to be totally random, but just thought I'd mention it.

great work

I am glad it's working for you.

Yes, some people have complained about the game freezing. It happens to me occasionally also. I have no idea why since everything works ok. As you said, it seems to be entirely at random. I can't pin it down if the same thing is going on in gameplay & one time it will freeze & the next 10 times it doesn't freeze. There is nothing wrong with the cyberfaces. There is nothing wrong with the uniforms. & those are the only things added to the models.big by myself. There are no errors in the rosters. So I don't know what to do.

Btw... I have read on the boards of many people complaining about game crashes who don't even use my mod at all. So based on what I said above plus the fact that even people who do not use my mod have had this complaint, I don't think this issue is really a result of my mod at all.

As far as skintones not matching, can you please post where this happens & I will try to correct this.

shmooz i dont know if this has been mentioned before but i am playing against the White Sox right now and my game keeps freezing when using the away uniforms...i use any of the other ones and they are fine except that one

I am assuming you are using the Umachines version. & the problem you are saying is with the White Sox away uni's.

Tell me though first, is this happening as you start the game? Because I just checked it out & the game started fine using the away uni's of the White Sox.

no usually the game starts and then i only get to about the 1st or 2nd inning and then the game freezes

ok, so I need to then go & play a few innings. I have to say though that it makes no sense that it would be the uniforms, since if the uniforms were a problem, why would it wait till later on in the game to crash the game?

• 2 weeks later...

My problem is when I try to play in exhibition mode, the game crashes. It crashes either at the last loading screen or at some point during the first inning. I never make it any further than that. I've tried different teams in different stadiums and always get the same result. I had already started a dynasty and, so far, have had no problems with it. I installed every thing as directed and haven't added any other faces or changed the rosters in any way. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

My problem is when I try to play in exhibition mode, the game crashes. It crashes either at the last loading screen or at some point during the first inning. I never make it any further than that. I've tried different teams in different stadiums and always get the same result. I had already started a dynasty and, so far, have had no problems with it. I installed every thing as directed and haven't added any other faces or changed the rosters in any way. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

It sounds to me as if it is a different mod that you have that is causing this. The reason I say that is, becasue I have never heard of anybody saying that their game crashes every single time they play.

I would also suggest that you reinstall the mod again & see if that helps.

Archived