Big Shmooz Ultimate Roster update with Umachines uni's

big shmooz

Guys... I wish I could find out what may be causing the freeze. I myself had it happen too. But it seems to have no ryhme or reason. The rosters have no errors. I will play the exact same game & most of the time it works & every once in a big while it will freeze. I had it happen to me whilst I was playing as the White Sox in the first inning when I had Podsednik bunt. (I was playing my friend online) We have played a bunch of games since using the same teams & in one game even the same stadium & no freeze at all. I have absolutely no clue what may be causing it since everything will be the same & one time it freezes & all the other times it doesn't. My greatest feeling is, it's the stadium when some type of animation may occur somewhere is what causes it to freeze. But then again I can be totally off on this.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey schmooz for some reason last time u upated this I couldnt see it on the site and i had to ask you to put it up in here for me...let me know when it is up and ill see if i can see it and if not i will have to get it from u again..THANKS!!

hey schmooz for some reason last time u upated this I couldnt see it on the site and i had to ask you to put it up in here for me...let me know when it is up and ill see if i can see it and if not i will have to get it from u again..THANKS!!

It's up now. Look on the main page you can see all 4 versions. If not, just go to the rosters section of the downloads. Btw... I am uploading another one right now as I type this. It has a couple of more updated cyberfaces & uniforms plus a few changes to the rosters as far as asthetics.

Just in case people do not realize, but the rosters I uploaded (all 4 versions) even though it says it was uploaded on august 7th, in fact it was august 8th & is a NEWER version than the one I had uploaded on the 7th. So if people want a more updated version with the latest cyberfaces & uniforms, they need to download THIS ONE ALSO if they downloaded the one that was uploaded on the 7th.

Hey big shmooz,

First off, your file is great. I did have some problems with the game freezing or just dumping out due to an MVP.exe error. So I decided to just do a clean install and so far so good, just playing in "play now" mode.

I think my game was freezing and dumping was I was doing 2 different dynasties, a Pirate dynasty with all your files (Big Shmooz and UMachines Uniforms v1.6) and a Redsox dynasty that I started when the game first came out. I was into its 2nd year (I was using one of the Ultimate Rosters but not sure which version). So maybe you are not able to run two different dynasties, not using the same original files???

So I'm getting ready to start just a Redsox Dynasty and see what happens.

I did have one question about your latest file Big Shmooz Roster & Umachines uniforms Models.big (with uniform.big file) Version 1.8.

Does this have UMachines Redsox Uniforms Version 2.

Thanks again for your great file, it really does make it easier to have everything in one file

I was playing with your new package (to be honest, the one with kccitystar's uniforms) and I noticed that a lot of players, umpires included, have these really odd looking painted on sunglasses. Do you think you can get rid of these in your next update? Here's a pic.

umpire.jpg

Adding to my previous post about the painted on sunglasses, Vinnie Chulk, a Jays relief pitcher is also wearing sunglasses, but of the style of Gustavo Chacin. Any solutions? It's a pretty sore sight for my eyes.

Adding to my previous post about the painted on sunglasses, Vinnie Chulk, a Jays relief pitcher is also wearing sunglasses, but of the style of Gustavo Chacin. Any solutions? It's a pretty sore sight for my eyes.

If you don't want to wait till the next upload I do, you can take a g001.fsh & g004.fsh & g015.fsh from a different models.big & then compress it with eazip & then unlock the read only mode of the models.big you downloaded from me & insert those three files using eagraph. In case you do not know how to do this, just consult the readme that came with the download (the one on how to insert things) It explains very clearly in detail how to do it. Also remember after you finish to put the models.big file back into read only mode.

one more question,i read the readme and it said something like

"it`s a must download for anybody who uses the Ultimate 2.35 rosters"

well,do i need Ultimate 2.35 rosters?(i have Ultimate rosters 2.53)

That's a bit of a trick question. In fact you don't as far as your game crashing. However you will not get the benefit of the added on cyberfaces unless you use the roster (2.35) that by default is inserted into your game when you install the file you downloaded from me.

If you want to take advantage of having the cyberfaces too, you can manually make a .mbe file of my rosters & then go through all the cyberface numbers & manually change the numbers in the 2.53 version to the one's I put in with the 2.35.

To do this you will have to have an mbe file of the rosters I made side by side with one of the 2.53 & manually change each cyberface number from a generic number to the correct one in the 2.53 rosters, using my file as a guide.

Edit: Of course after you do this you will then need to export the 2.53 rosters from the .mbe file to the game to get the changes to show up.

did you upload the mbe yet big schmooz?

I have not done so as of yet & probably will not do so, since more cyberfaces have been released since the last upload I did of the main files. I plan on inserting those & then probably releasing another full version upload.

You do know that if you want an .mbe file, you can make it very easily. Just open MVPedit & click on import. Make sure the database folder is the one that is open in the screen that pops up. Name the file to anything you like & just click "save" in the window. That's all there is to it.

I just noticed I am having the problem that some others have had. I install the rosters and the models.big. Everything is working fine for a few games (I made no changes to any of the files, and left the models.big as read only). Then, I'll start up a dynasty game and notice that some of the player faces are red with green writing (Jose Reyes is one of the more common ones). They are missing their textures. If I reinstall the models.big from the zip file, it works fine again. But if I copy a backup of the models.big from my harddrive over, it has the same problems. Must be something with Windows XP, but it is odd that a read only file would have files contained in it uncompress themseleves. I will keep doing tests to see if I can figure this out and post my findings. It isn't a big deal, since a reinstall of the models.big fixes it, but I just thought it was odd.

One more question. I downloaded the latest Umachines models.big and installed that and the uniforms.big

It seems that the uniforms at the select screen do not match up with the uniforms that show up in the game. Is there another file I am missing?

For instance, the Mets previews show some black home and road jerseys that do not match up when you start the game, and the Phillies jerseys do not match what you use when the game starts.

I am sure I am missing something, but these did seem to work fine in earlier versions.

I just noticed I am having the problem that some others have had. I install the rosters and the models.big. Everything is working fine for a few games (I made no changes to any of the files, and left the models.big as read only). Then, I'll start up a dynasty game and notice that some of the player faces are red with green writing (Jose Reyes is one of the more common ones). They are missing their textures. If I reinstall the models.big from the zip file, it works fine again. But if I copy a backup of the models.big from my harddrive over, it has the same problems. Must be something with Windows XP, but it is odd that a read only file would have files contained in it uncompress themseleves. I will keep doing tests to see if I can figure this out and post my findings. It isn't a big deal, since a reinstall of the models.big fixes it, but I just thought it was odd.

The fact that this happens & then is fixed by reinstalling the models.big leads me to believe it is not being caused by the models.big. In fact I have the same file on my drive for the longest time & have never experienced a file go bad.

I am wondering if this may somehow be connected to your dynasty. Does this happen only when you play a dynasty game?

One more question. I downloaded the latest Umachines models.big and installed that and the uniforms.big

It seems that the uniforms at the select screen do not match up with the uniforms that show up in the game. Is there another file I am missing?

For instance, the Mets previews show some black home and road jerseys that do not match up when you start the game, and the Phillies jerseys do not match what you use when the game starts.

I am sure I am missing something, but these did seem to work fine in earlier versions.

Ok... I fixed it. It was my fault. The next download will not have this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded version 1.11 The Mariners jerseys are out of place.

If you use the grey jerseys with blue sleeves you get the greenish one with the sleeves blue. If you use that greenish one its the regular home one. I didn't try the other ones, so you may want to look at the Mariners for the next version.

Also, the Cardinals St Pat unis are the regular red ones.

Other than that, it looks good to me. Great update.

Archived