Big Shmooz Ultimate Roster update with Umachines uni's

big shmooz

Okay; I reinstalled Ultimate 2.35 With Kccitystar's uniforms. Version 1.1. Played a full game okay @ Tampa Bay. The game crashed when playing @ Baltimore night. So I tested that again and the game crashed. Played okay in day stadium. Also tested Fenway night and all was okay. So far it just doesn't want to play with the Big O's Oriole Park Night. I'm not concerned about this. I will just keep playing my schedule and see what happens. If any more crashes occur I will report them to you.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay; I reinstalled Ultimate 2.35 With Kccitystar's uniforms. Version 1.1. Played a full game okay @ Tampa Bay. The game crashed when playing @ Baltimore night. So I tested that again and the game crashed. Played okay in day stadium. Also tested Fenway night and all was okay. So far it just doesn't want to play with the Big O's Oriole Park Night. I'm not concerned about this. I will just keep playing my schedule and see what happens. If any more crashes occur I will report them to you.

Ok, what teams were being used when you played at Baltimore? Btw... it sounds to me like there is no error in the rosters, if it plays ok in other stadiums. (even in Baltimore in daytime).

But I still want to know why this is happening. So if you can post the info, at what point it crashed. Who were the teams playing. I know where, but I would like to know who was pitching, who was batting etc...

These are the things I need to know so I can recreate what you did at the time of the crash.

I also need to know if you have done any other modifications. Obviously you have installed stadiums since you mentioned Big O's Oriole Park. Have you installed portraits too? If so, try using the default one's & see if that makes a difference in that stadium & post back results.

The game crashes on the last load to play game.

I tried a few different pitchers also.

Bosox @ Baltimore.

The only other mods I am using are:

ghjeon-RBaseball_v1_70_en

Harry Carey

InvisibleBlimpsv1 (I think)

numerous stad mods

all 3 EA patches

And The Crowd Goes Wild

I think that is about it.

I will do some more testing here shortly.

Okay; I just attempted to play Cards @ Baltimore night and the game did not crash. But it does with bosox.

The only change I made to your roster was Manny's swing.

Reinstalled rosters and did not change Manny's swing. Game crashed.

Tried the Nationals. No problemo.

So is it the Bosox maybe?

The game crashes on the last load to play game.

I tried a few different pitchers also.

Bosox @ Baltimore.

The only other mods I am using are:

ghjeon-RBaseball_v1_70_en

Harry Carey

InvisibleBlimpsv1 (I think)

numerous stad mods

all 3 EA patches

And The Crowd Goes Wild

I think that is about it.

I will do some more testing here shortly.

Okay; I just attempted to play Cards @ Baltimore night and the game did not crash. But it does with bosox.

The only change I made to your roster was Manny's swing.

Reinstalled rosters and did not change Manny's swing. Game crashed.

Tried the Nationals. No problemo.

So is it the Bosox maybe?

Ok, which uniform are you choosing in the choose uniform screen? Try changing the uniform you use in the game for Boston & see if it still crashes & please post back here with your results. Thanks.

I just tried a night game of Boston at Baltimore & it worked fine. I used the default home & away uniforms respectively. Lopez was my starting pitcher & Damon the leadoff hitter.

Try using a different overlay & see if that works, I noticed that the one you are using has an update which says on it "bug fixed". Perhaps the overlay is causing this. Also try using the default portraits.big & see if that helps (first backing up the one you are using now) I am suggesting this because as I just explained, the game works fine for me under the conditions I just posted above.

Can this also be the invisible blimp? I don't have that mod at all, so I would not know. As I said the game is working fine on my machine. (I know that doesn't help you, but if you use the same things I am using, I can't see how it could crash with you when it doesn't with me)

I just restored the original overlays and portrait.big

Tried different pitchers and uni's. Well's and Clement. Game crashed 2 out of the four times I tested. I really can't pin point it and I don't really think it's worth your time and mine. You have already put a ton of time in making these mods and I can still play around these issues.

I can try the invisible blimp mod and restore, but I don't think that is the cause. No tell'n

When do u think u will be releasing a new update?

I just restored the original overlays and portrait.big

Tried different pitchers and uni's. Well's and Clement. Game crashed 2 out of the four times I tested. I really can't pin point it and I don't really think it's worth your time and mine. You have already put a ton of time in making these mods and I can still play around these issues.

I can try the invisible blimp mod and restore, but I don't think that is the cause. No tell'n

When do u think u will be releasing a new update?

It doesn't make sense why it would crash only sometimes & not others. (if you are doing the same thing each time)

As far as the time frame of the next release, I am not exactly sure, since it makes no sense to upload a 100+ meg file just for a few changes. If I find a bug that I correct & it can't be fixed with a simple cyberface upload, then I will upload an update sooner rather than later since for that, it makes sense to upload, to eliminate crashes.

Just for the heck of it I am going to clean install the game. I'll install the 3 EA patches and just your mod. Maybe something will come from it.

Ok, please do post results, thanks. If you are doing that make it truly a clean install. Delete both folders of MVP also (if they are still there after the uninstall) Thanks.

I did. No crash with stock stadiums and with modded stadiums replaced.

Now I guess I will take the time to see which other mod could be causing this.

Maybe I will change Manny's swing 1st.

I am assuming you installed my mod though. & it's working fine so far. If so, then the problem can't be because of my mod. Am I correct?

Okay. So far if I don't change Manny's swing then I get no crash. It crashed when I changed and did'nt when I reinstalled rosters with no changes.

Am going to continue for awhile longer placing those few mods back in the game. Will Post results.

Finished those few mods and I get the crash. Boston @ Orioles. Night. Wells pitching away uni.

But if I reinstall the stadium mod and then play I get no crash. Though I have not tried to play the full game.

It was mentioned earlier that I was using your Big Shmooz updated roster based on Ultimate 2.35 With Kccitystar's uniforms

big shmooz; thanks for your help and mods. I'm not overly concerned about this and can't really pin point it to anything in particular. I might try one other test and lower the clock speed on my graphics card. This is a shot in the dark, but why not. Just for the heck of it.

Thanks again.

As I posted in another thread under the support forums Big Shmooz, I installed your models. big with UMachines unis and roster that corresponded with it (the latest one) and for some reason the models.big keeps coming uncompressed, even with the "read only" checked on. I can do everything else in dynasty mode except play an actual game. I compress the models.big but it only lasts a couple of minutes before coming uncompressed again for some weird reason. :shrug: I did install a few of Mcbaseballmods unis along with the UMachines ones so I'm wondering if that is perhaps the reason why I'm having troubles?? Let me know what you think and I'll see what I can do about this on my end. Later!!

Finished those few mods and I get the crash. Boston @ Orioles. Night. Wells pitching away uni.

But if I reinstall the stadium mod and then play I get no crash.

big shmooz; thanks for your help and mods. I'm not overly concerned about this and can't really pin point it to anything in particular. I might try one other test and lower the clock speed on my graphics card. This is a shot in the dark, but why not. Just for the heck of it.

Thanks again.

That is the weirdest. Anyway, I am glad it's working now.

As I posted in another thread under the support forums Big Shmooz, I installed your models. big with UMachines unis and roster that corresponded with it (the latest one) and for some reason the models.big keeps coming uncompressed, even with the "read only" checked on. I can do everything else in dynasty mode except play an actual game. I compress the models.big but it only lasts a couple of minutes before coming uncompressed again for some weird reason. :shrug: I did install a few of Mcbaseballmods unis along with the UMachines ones so I'm wondering if that is perhaps the reason why I'm having troubles?? Let me know what you think and I'll see what I can do about this on my end. Later!!

That is so weird. I have never heard of a file become decompressed when it is set to "read only". Are you sure you are saving it properly to read only mode?

Also, since you state that you added other uniforms, there is no way for me to test it. This is why I say I can't support once addons are made afterwards. It's not that I don't want to help in that situation, but I have no means to duplicate the situation.

My suggestion would be, to reinstall the mod & do not add those uniforms & see if that helps. Please post back your results.

That is so weird. I have never heard of a file become decompressed when it is set to "read only". Are you sure you are saving it properly to read only mode?

Also, since you state that you added other uniforms, there is no way for me to test it. This is why I say I can't support once addons are made afterwards. It's not that I don't want to help in that situation, but I have no means to duplicate the situation.

My suggestion would be, to reinstall the mod & do not add those uniforms & see if that helps. Please post back your results.

Is there anything else I need to do other than check and/or uncheck the "read only" box to saving it to read only status?? That's the only thing I can think of, maybe there is something else that I'm not doing because I don't know enough to do it. :huh: I would compress the files in biggui and then make sure the "read only" box was checked. And it was but for some reason the models.big would still uncompress itself. :shrug:

I'm reinstalling the mod right now, it's downloading as we speak so we'll see what happens when it's done. Thanks man!!!

If you check the read only box on the models.big & then click ok' date=' it should indeed be read only.[/quote']

Well, it's read only in the sense that I can't add anymore files to it when that box is checked. But it does still uncompress itself for some odd reason. I'm using biggui to compress the files, since I don't know how to use EAZip to do it (never used it before).

The file is still downloading, I'm on DSL so it should be done in about 15 minutes or so (it's at 77% downloaded right now). Later!!

I don't know why it is doing that. You are the first person I have heard that claimed this. I am truly surprised that it would decompress. I have been playing this game almost since it was released & ever since I put the file to read only it has never decompressed on me.

eazip is so simple to use. You make a batch file that says

eazip -c *.orl

eazip -c *.ord

eazip -c *.fsh

& have eazip in the folder together with the batch file plus the files you are compressing. Then double click on the batch file. That's it. It will compress.

I don't know why it is doing that. You are the first person I have heard that claimed this. I am truly surprised that it would decompress. I have been playing this game almost since it was released & ever since I put the file to read only it has never decompressed on me.

eazip is so simple to use. You make a batch file that says

eazip -c *.orl

eazip -c *.ord

eazip -c *.fsh

& have eazip in the folder together with the batch file plus the files you are compressing. Then double click on the batch file. That's it. It will compress.

Archived