Big Shmooz Ultimate Roster update with Umachines uni's

big shmooz

Yes...it was the Umachines version.

I also had a couple of crashes in late innings with a pair of exhibition games at Shea between the Mets and Rockies. Eventually I played a full game...but my eyebrows definitely went up over that.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes...it was the Umachines version.

I also had a couple of crashes in late innings with a pair of exhibition games at Shea between the Mets and Rockies. Eventually I played a full game...but my eyebrows definitely went up over that.

OK, thanks for pointing this out. You are correct, it did crash. I am going to check out if it's the rosters or the uniforms or cyberfaces.

Ok... I checked it out. I am sorry, there is nothing I can do about it other than to install somone else's uniforms for the Angels. I experimented by installing Moser's Angel's uniform, & this eliminated the crash. I will have to upload another version of this mod but with a different uniform (for the Angels only).

Anyway, thanks again for pointing this out.

I tried downloading the latest version of the models.big with UMachines uni's last night Big Shmooz, and for some reason when I tried to extract the .rar to the main MVP2005 folder I got an error message telling me the file was corrupted. Any thoughts as to why this may have happened?? I downloaded vers. 1.7 (at the time) of the roster mbe file along with it (like you said to do) and the roster was fine but the models.big was corrupted. :huh: Let me know what you think. Later!!

I tried downloading the latest version of the models.big with UMachines uni's last night Big Shmooz, and for some reason when I tried to extract the .rar to the main MVP2005 folder I got an error message telling me the file was corrupted. Any thoughts as to why this may have happened?? I downloaded vers. 1.7 (at the time) of the roster mbe file along with it (like you said to do) and the roster was fine but the models.big was corrupted. :huh: Let me know what you think. Later!!

Ok, I know why this happened. An error was made in the transfer. I had not yet fully uploaded the file & it was already put up for download.

I need to re upload it. Anyway, as you can see above the thing needs to be uploaded again anyway, due to a crash with Umachine's Angels unis.

Btw.. with that version, you can already download the 1.8 mbe file. Anyway, the thing is, if all you want is the current rosters of version 1.8 mbe, it's already in the umachines download. So no need to download the mbe unless you are looking to edit.

Yeah I'm going to download the vers. 1.8 of the rosters, I'm just looking for the new models.big that's all.....I like UMachines uniforms and plan on using them when I finally start a dynasty. Thanks for the help man, keep up the great work!! :hail: Later!!!

Yeah I'm going to download the vers. 1.8 of the rosters, I'm just looking for the new models.big that's all.....I like UMachines uniforms and plan on using them when I finally start a dynasty. Thanks for the help man, keep up the great work!! :hail: Later!!!

Right. But please remember, do not use the 1.8 unless you have the new version. One more thing also... change Chin-Feng Chen of Las Vegas to cyberface # 782 from 906 since his face has been installed in the new models.big version of Umachines uniforms I plan G-d willing to re-upload in just a few more minutes. (the dat files I am uploading in the .ace file already contain the change)

Hey Shmooz...thanks for the info. However, I tried both kc's and moser's sets and neither worked. Same crash.

Now I'm even MORE perplexed...

:hmph:

I don't know why. I am planning G-D willing to upload the corrected version. Btw... it's only the home & away uniforms of the Angels that crash. The other one's work fine.

Anyway, as the read me will say when it's uploaded. I fixed this by installing for those particular 2 uniforms, by installing Moser's version for those 2. The game is fine now. I tested it & it no longer crashes.

Thanks for pointing it out though. I gave you credit for this in the readme.

Just in case people have not realized, do not download the current version that is called 1.1 which is a 59 megabyte file. The reason it is only 59 megs is, because it was corrupted upon transfer to the site.

I already uploaded another version that is complete & also has more updated cyberfaces & eliminates the crash that will happen if one uses the home or away uniforms of the Angels. (it's all in the readme) (Though the other uniforms of the Angels do work in the older version.)

This corrected version will be called 1.1a

Hey Shmooz...thanks for the info. However, I tried both kc's and moser's sets and neither worked. Same crash.

Now I'm even MORE perplexed...

:hmph:

I am not clear on your meaning. Do you mean you tried playing with the models.big that I uploaded that contained all of KCCitystar's unis & the same thing with the one that contained Moser's? Because I played with the one that uses Moser's as the main unis & it works fine.

If you mean however that you installed Moser's or KC's uniforms into the Angels slot of the models.big of Umachine's uniforms, that doesn't make sense that it would crash either. Since I actually fixed the crash by inserting into the 2 slots of the Angels that crashed, (the main home & away uniforms) the Moser uniforms & it worked. The game no longer crashes.

(btw... I don't know if his would make a difference, but I also compressed the U files befre I inswerted it into the models.big. I don't think though that it should make a diference other than keeping the file size smaller because I have it decompressed in the other models.big I use & it works just fine when decompressed).

For some reason I don't see this download up anymore. I checked the rosters section and I don't see it. I want the ones with Umachines uniforms. Can someone please help me out. Thanks.

As it's explained above, it is a corrupted file, which is why it was removed.

I uploaded a new version which should be uploaded soon by the administrators.

Whenever I pitch in certain ballparks, the pitching sequence is slow. I have turned player shadows, and vertical sync off.

(I had to install my game over again when my computer crashed, but now it's back to normal.)

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "slow". Some pitchers do pitch slower than others. (they take longer on the windup) Such as Kaz Ishii.

Btw.. do not turn vertical sync off if you are using patch #2 or later for the game. It will mess up your game speed.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "slow". Some pitchers do pitch slower than others. (they take longer on the windup) Such as Kaz Ishii.

Btw.. do not turn vertical sync off if you are using patch #2 or later for the game. It will mess up your game speed.

Ok, I meant the delivery stutters a bit.

Ok, I meant the delivery stutters a bit.

Ah... I hear ya. That has more to do with the power of your graphics card than anything to handle the higher res graphics. Turning down shadows should indeed then help a bit. You may want to play at a lower resolution also & see if that helps.

I am not sure if you added stadium mods to your game, but that will also knock down your framerates. It may be that in the more graphically intense stadiums is where you are getting the stutter. In that case, try lowering your game resolution when you use those stadiums & bring it up higher in the stadiums that you do not suffer the stuttering.

Ah... I hear ya. That has more to do with the power of your graphics card than anything to handle the higher res graphics. Turning down shadows should indeed then help a bit. You may want to play at a lower resolution also & see if that helps.

I am not sure if you added stadium mods to your game, but that will also knock down your framerates. It may be that in the more graphically intense stadiums is where you are getting the stutter. In that case, try lowering your game resolution when you use those stadiums & bring it up higher in the stadiums that you do not suffer the stutter at.

The thing about that is, those problems are in the default stadium.

The thing about that is, those problems are in the default stadium.

Wow... that is surprising. All I can say is, either get a newer graphics card or maybe as I said above, lower your resolution that you play at.

I am thinking it's a good thing you are not using the other version I uploaded where the uniforms are 2x. Here at least they are only 1.5x

Btw... just as a warning, in the new version I just uploaded (& should be on the site pretty soon) I had to change the uniforms of the first 2 slots with the Angels to a 2x version, since the 1.5x used by Umachines caused the game to crash when used. (the other Angels uniforms though are still Umachines & hence 1.5x)

Ahh... I goofed. I installed the number 743 I believe for Cordero's face, but forgot to install the face LOL.

In fact this goof is also in the other models.big I uploaded. For those who want a quick fix, simply download Cordero's face & install the three files using eagraph.exe. That it. No need to do anything else.

As far as me correcting this, in the next version I upload, which G-D willing may be later tonight, I will G-D willing have this corrected.

If you mean however that you installed Moser's or KC's uniforms into the Angels slot of the models.big of Umachine's uniforms, that doesn't make sense that it would crash either. Since I actually fixed the crash by inserting into the 2 slots of the Angels that crashed, (the main home & away uniforms) the Moser uniforms & it worked. The game no longer crashes.

Yeah...sorry...that's what I meant...and, yup, it kept crashing. I wasn't sure what was going on with my computer...so I went ahead and did a full reinstall and am now awaiting your latest version so I can give it a try.

BTW, I prefer using UM's unis, too...especially since he's been so good in including my number sets within them. Gotta be loyal, y'know! (Mind you, KC and Moser do outstanding work, too!)

Keep up the good work, too, Shmooz.

Archived