Fan's Choice (A Giants Dynasty)

eoq2444

ok...I think this is probably my 2nd or 3rd post on this site, but I am in no way a beginner at this game

so I think I'm gonna post a dynasty

Any NL team (except for the Mets, :-/ might make some enemies saying that)

first reply gets it...

Transaction Rumors

After several unsuccessful attempts at unloading a very highly paid Barry Bonds, the upper management of the Giants finally did make a deal that involved Ray Durham:

To ANA (i refuse to call them the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, oooh it hurts just typing that): Ray Durham

To SF: Orlando Cabrera

It is also rumored that General Manager Sabean is shopping around an unhappy Alex Sanchez...

Manager Felipe Alou has set his roster:

Rotation

1. Jason Schmidt

2. Kirk Rueter

3. Brett Tomko

4. Noah Lowry

5. Jesse Foppert

Bullpen

LR: Kevin Correia, Matt Cain, Merkin Valdez

MR: LaTroy Hawkins, Matt Kinney

Set-Up: Brandon Puffer

Closer: Armando Benitez

Lineup

1. Alex Sanchez CF

2. Omar Vizquel SS

3. Barry Bonds LF

4. Moises Alou RF

5. J.T. Snow 1B

6. Edgardo Alfonzo 3B

7. Pedro Feliz (RHP)/Orlando Cabrera (LHP) 2B

8. Mike Matheny C

Deivi Cruz will DH and bat in the 8th slot moving Matheny to the 9 hole

Bench

Yorvit Torrealba C

Lance Niekro 1B

Deivi Cruz IF

Marquis Grissom CF

Giant Walk-Off

pic10vg.pngpic25uy.png

Left: Orlando Cabrera connects on his walk-off Homer Right: J.T. Snow makes a diving save at 1st

Jason Schmidt was dominating as the opening day starter for the Giants but unfortunately, they couldn't provide him enough offense for the win. Barry Bonds had a RBI single in the 1st and a solo HR (A 463 foot moon shot into McCovey Cove) in the 2nd to give the Giants a quick 2-0 lead, but that would be all for a long time. Meanwhile...Schmidt took a Perfecto into the 4th which JD Drew broke up with a home run to left field. After having given up another run (via SF in the 5th), Schmidt walked the first 2 batters in the 6th and had run out of gas. He was replaced by Matt Cain and LaTroy Hawkins in the 7th and 8th innings. Still 2-2 in the 9th, Hawkins came out and gave up a lead-off double. Brandon Puffer came out, gave up a RBI double, and then retired the side. With a 3-2 lead, the Dodgers brought in Eric Gagne to close it out. Gagne gave up a lead off double to Deivi Cruz (Pinch Hitting for Mike Matheny) and then the GW HR to Orlando Cabrera (pinch hitting for Puffer) on the next pitch.

W: Puffer (1-0)

L: Gagne (0-1)

Giants notables:

Bonds 2-4 HR, 2 RBI

Feliz 2-4

Cabrera 1-1 HR, 2 RBI

Schmidt 6 IP 2 ER 6 K

LA --- 3-6-1

SF --- 4-12-0

Giants Win Again

pic18rf.pngpic25sy.png

Left: Orlando Cabrera connects on a double Right: The Giants celebrate after winning 2 straight

Today's game was an absolute slugfest with both teams combining for 26 runs and 40 hits. Kirk Rueter was solid through the first few innings with the Giants up 12-0 at the end of 2. However, he started to fade away and the Dodgers began to chip at the lead. Merkin Valdez eventually shut them down in the 9th to preserve the 15-11 victory.

Giants Notables:

Every starter had 3 hits (except for Bonds(4) and Matheny(1))

Rueter 5 ER in 4.2 IP

W: Correia (1-0)

L: O. Perez (0-1)

LA --- 11-16-0

SF --- 15-24-1

Holy Crap...!

pic12wa.pngpic27kk.pngpic34ya.png

It was that kind of day for the Giants...

It was one of the worst blowouts in the history of baseball as the Dodgers beat the Giants 26-4. Hee Sop Choi hit 3 HR and had 8 RBIs

Giants starting pitcher Brett Tomko gave up 6 ER in 1.1 Innings, but Kevin Correia managed to top that with a whopping 9 ER on 8 hits in 1/3 innings

Felipe Alou was asked about the loss...

"Upset!...Of course I'm upset, I can't even be happy about the fact that we actually won the series. Our defense and pitching were terrible and we couldn't hit for anything"

Brett Tomko said, "That was probably the worst I've ever pitched...I really let the team down"

The only bright spot was Pedro Feliz's 3 run HR in the 2nd inning.

W: J. Weaver (1-0)

L : Tomko (0-1)

LA --- 26-33-0

SF --- 4-13-1

Player of the Series:

Barry Bonds 7/13, 1 HR, 3 RBI

2 Man Show

pic19yx.pngpic28le.png

Left: The 1st of J.T. Snow's 2 homers Right: The 2nd of Pedro Feliz's 2 homers and essentially the game winner

The Giants' pitching woes continued today as Noah Lowry struggled to make it through 6 innings and he gave up an equal number of runs. Manager Felipe Alou, furious with his team's pitiful pitching performance, gave pitcher Kevin Correia a chance to redeem himself. Correia gave up 2 runs in 1 inning and is most likely going to face reassignment to the minors. After 6 1/2 innings... The score was 8-3 Colorado

The main story of the game was J.T. Snow and Pedro Feliz each hitting 2 home runs after the 7th inning to provide a miraculous comback. Feliz hit a 2 run Hr in the 8th with his team down 8-7 to provide all the help Armando Benitez would need for the save.

Quotes:

Kevin Correia - "I'm sick to my stomach, but at least the team was able to come away with the win"

W: Cain (1-0)

L: DeJean (0-1)

S: Benitez (1)

Giants Notables:

Snow -- 3/4 2 Hr 4 RBI

Feliz --- 2/4 2 Hr 3 RBI

COL --- 8-15-2

SF ----- 9-11-0

Transactions

A huge blow today to the Giants Organization as Barry Bonds is sidelined...

forever with a--------well the doctors are not sure, but they're 99% sure i has something to do with the 'roids...

To cope with this, the Giants moved Marquis Grissom off of the bench to play left field and called up Fred Lewis from the AAA team.

Also, as expected, Kevin Correia was sent down to the minors and Brandon Villafuerte was called up

Updated Lineup

1. Sanchez CF

2. Vizquel SS

3. Alou RF

4. Snow 1B

5. Feliz 2B

6. Alfonzo 3B

7. Grissom LF

8. Matheny C

Felipe Alou commented on the Barry Bonds loss saying, "He had it coming...back in my day *mumble**mumble*"

The Giants will most likely go after a big name to fill the void on offense.

Jesse Foppert (0-0) vs. Aaron Cook (0-0)

Meltdown

pic12il.pngpic20ar.png

Left: Edgardo Alfonzo notches the 1 spot on the scoreboard for the Giants Right: J.T. Snow says, "Wtf guys?"

Despite a decent performance from starter Jesse Foppert it was 5-0 after 6 innings due to a serious lack of offense. Matt Cain came it to relieve Foppert and had a meltdown and gave up 5 runs to make the score 10-0.

Edgardo Alfonzo added a HR in the 8th to breakup Cook's shutout but he eventually finished the game.

J.T. Snow said, "With Barry gone, I'm sure I'm the leader of this team, and I'm getting sick of not being able to drive anyone in when I get a hit. We need to work on it."

Giants Notables:

Snow 3-4

Feliz 2-4

Alfonzo 2-4, HR, RBI

W: Cook (1-0)

L: Foppert (0-1)

COL: --- 10-14-1

SF: ----- 1 -12-0

SF: 3-2

COL: 2-2

Another Transaction

To MIL: RP Kevin Correia, 1B Lance Niekro

To SF: LF Geoff Jenkins

The addition of Jenkins will hopefully give the Giants the offense they've been lacking...

The Lineup will move back to the way it was with Jenkins moving into the cleanup spot.

Bullpen Falters Again...

pic11pq.pngpic31fn.png

Left: Moises Alou blasts a 2run Homer early Right: Geoff Jenkins nails Matt Holiday at the plate

Jason Schmidt excelled again only to have the bullpen blow it for him again. Merkin Valdez loaded the bases in the 8th and gave up the tying 2 runs to make the game 3-3. Armando Benitez, the only Giants relief pitcher to have success this year, came in and closed the door on the 8th to keep the tie. Geoff Jenkins drilled an RBI single to left in the bottom of the 8th to give the Giants the lead in his debut with the team. Benitez pitched a perfect 9th to get the victory.

Jenkins - "It felt great to get the win off my bat today because I was really struggling in Milwaukee..."

Giants Noteables:

Alou 2/4 HR 2 RBI

Jenkins 2/4 1 RBI

Snow 3/4

Schmidt 7 IP 6 K 2 ER

W: Benitez (1-0)

L: B. Neal (0-1)

Col --- 3-13-0

Sf ---- 4-13-0

COL: 2-3

SF: 4-2

Redemption

pic12se.pngpic35tb.png

Left: J.T. Snow hits the go-ahead homer in the top of the 9th Right: Moises Alou connects on a double

Kirk Rueter was outstanding in his 2nd start and Armando Benitez was automatic to record his 2nd save as the Giants beat the Dodgers 3-2.

J.T. Snow's home run to dead center off Eric Gagne in the 9th was the deciding factor. Kirk Rueter said, "I think I did a little bit better this time around..."

Giants Noteables:

Snow: 2/4, hr, 2 rbi

Alou: 1/4, rbi

W: Rueter (1-0)

L: Gagne (0-2)

S: Benitez (2)

SF --- 3-6-0

LA --- 2-7-1

LA: 2-5

SF: 5-2

Transactions

A huge blow today to the Giants Organization as Barry Bonds is sidelined...

forever with a--------well the doctors are not sure, but they're 99% sure i has something to do with the 'roids...

To cope with this, the Giants moved Marquis Grissom off of the bench to play left field and called up Fred Lewis from the AAA team.

HAha, thats funny.

Tomko gets the Shaft

pic15rh.pngpic23ln.png

Vizquel and Alou each get a single

Another pitiful day on offense for the Giants leaves pitcher Brett Tomko biting the dust. Tomko gave up 2 ER in 7 innings but managed to the get the loss due to the fact that the Giants could only score 1. After the game, it was reported that Tomko was throwing things around the locker room.

Giants Notables:

Vizquel 2/3, RBI

Tomko 7IP , 2 ER, 4 K

W: Weaver (2-0)

L: Tomko (0-2)

S: Gagne (1)

SF --- 1-7-0

LA --- 2-7-1

LA: 3-5

SF: 5-3

Lowry gets it done

pic16sn.pngpic24it.png

Left: Orlando Cabrera makes the most of his starting opportunity by hitting this 3run Homer Right: J.T. makes a diving stop at 1st

Noah Lowry pitched well as the Giants won 5-3 on the back of Orlando Cabrera's 3-run home run in the 5th. He drove in another later and had 4 Rbi's. "I'm just trying to show that I deserve to start here," He said after the game.

Giants Notables

Cabrera: 2/4, Hr, 4 Rbi

Sanchez: 3/4

Alou 3/4

Snow: 2/4, Rbi

Jenkins: 0/4 (season average down to .125)

W: Lowry (1-0) (6IP, 3ER)

L: Cook (1-1)

S: Benitez (3)

SF --- 5-13-0

COL - 3-9--0

Col: 4-5

Sf: 6-3

Archived