San Antonio Saints?

cb

Will The Saints Relocate to San Antonio?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No, they will return to New Orleans

I didn't get that out of the article. Rumors was about it.

"Responding to the reports that have suggested the Saints will never play again in New Orleans, Haslett said: "If somebody was saying that, obviously, they don't know what they are talking about."

They'll come back.

if the saints move to la, i'm turning in my saints fan card and will hate them...unwritten rule in san diego, if you like la teams, you're not allowed to live there (lakers expection to the rule). i'll problay start rooting for the chargers full time. and probaly a bit for the falcons. la really doesnt care like yankee4life says(expect the raiders), its the nfl and espn making us think that it is so important for la to get a team...in fact, they have no plan for a football team, la says they have to pay their way here, the citizens won't pay. i'll be the first to say i will not cheer for the los angeles saints of anahiem or any encarnation of that type.

benson was thinking about moving from new orleans for years, wanting to replace the superdome which was getting old (it's problay beyond repair now), and this is do or die for the city. if they don't plan to replace the superdome now or in the near future, the city (if there even is one) can say goodbye to the saints for good.

btw, the hornets can problay move to kansas city now...they were talking about moving months ago. if anyone wants to pull the article out, that would be fine...

I voted no. I think the Saints will go back to New Orleans after this season. I mean, who the hell would want this team?

you better watch what you say...i bet the saints start to get good this season...proving that new orleans was cursed....

can you say monteral expos all over again? i can. then they moved to washington, the end.

this story will end with arte monero buying the team and being refreed as the halos and the la saints of anahiem playing next to the los angeles angels of anahiem.

texashound, add another option..."no, the saints will move elsewhere"

can you say monteral expos all over again? i can. then they moved to washington, the end.

Yet the Braves still win the division :lol:

And btw...Arte Moreno :plzdie: for making it hard for me to say the Los Angeles Angels, of Anaheim!

That would be great too, but I'll always be a Rangers fan.

As far as the topic:

"The apparent change of focus to San Antonio came amid reports that Benson planned to move the franchise here permanently and to not issue refunds to season ticketholders in New Orleans."

That's where I got the message on the possibility of the Saints moving. ESPN also had a segment on SportsCenter on the topic.

EDIT: I was thinking for a while and The last thing New Orleans can support is an NFL franchise. Who knows how much it will cost to repair the Superdome let alone the entire city.

Another option is to have The Saints move to SA for a few years. Until the city of New Orleans is completly back to normal. Then they will return to New Orleans. While they are in SA, the NFL sees if San Antonio can support an NFL team with the possibility of an expansion in the future. That could also work vise versa, The Saints stay in SA and New Orleans gets an expansion team.

i can see the los angeles saints of anahiem...

i think the saints will be the expos of the nfl...homeless until finally arte moreno buys the team.

and if they stay in san antino for an extended period of time, they are not getting a football team back ever....if there is a city again.

btw, if they get ready in time, new orleans could be a viable market for the marlins to run away to....

Tom Benson is scum, like the city really needs to lose anything else, and it's not even necessary for a move, they need to just stay and play in Baton Rouge. Secondly, he won't refund tickets to season ticket holders, even if the team moves. What a moron

I've seen on the news that the Superdome is beyond repair and needs to be torn down. If that's true, The Saints will nefenatly need to relocate. =/

yea!!! no more stupiddome!!! lol.

but yea, it was getting old anyway and he wanted a replacement soon....so it's crunch time...ethier the city builds a new football stadium (not likely before, probaly not happening at all now with the whole sitatuion and benson acting like this, this could be a hornets repeat) or saints are gone for good.

something that could be funny is if the marlins end up moving to new orleans if they don't have their sitation in florida set up fast...they got 5 years to ethier get a new stadium or get out of fins stadium. mabye they will embrace loria....mabye not.

on another note, this would have been a nice thing if madden was moddable...someone could have done the alamodome or whatever place they are playing in....no fun league got screwed here folks.

Archived