Issue with the 1977 and 1978 New York Yankees

Yankee4Life

Recently I played my first game in TC3 using the 1977 New York Yankees. Something was bothering me the entire game and it didn't set right with me. Finally I booted up TC3 again and got into it again and I found out what the problem was. The stats used for the 1977 New York Yankees are actually the stats for the 1978 team. I'll show you what I mean.

Here is the batting order for the 1977 Yankees in TC3. Check out the homers and the stats. Now, go to this page right here and see for yourself. This page is from Baseball Reference.com. You can see the stats show the 1978 results.

Here I will use Bucky Dent as an example. In 1977 he hit .247 with 8 homeruns and 49 RBI. He had 118 hits and a OBP of .300. Here is the 1977 Yankee statistics from the same web page reference. Dent's '78 season is mistakenly displayed here for 1977.

In no way am I looking to put down total classics phase 3 nor do I want to sound like I am. I think the TC guys are very proud of their work and they would want to know if something like this has occured. I salute each and every one of them and thank them again for a wonderful job.

I imported the '77 Yankees .met file that was given to me into TC3. I didn't touch the '78 Yankees roster. If there are mistakes with the '78 Yankees, then those mistakes were already there in TC2.

No, you got it mixed up Jim. The 1978 Yankees team is fine. The 1977 team is the one that is mixed up. The '77 team has the stats from the 1978 team. The 1978 team was correct in TC2 and TC3.

No, you got it mixed up Jim. The 1978 Yankees team is fine. The 1977 team is the one that is mixed up. The '77 team has the stats from the 1978 team. The 1978 team was correct in TC2 and TC3.

I was responding to Tony's message where he said that he wondered if the '77 Yankees roster was in the game twice (once for the '77 Yanks and once for the '78 Yanks). Perhaps what actually happened is the '78 Yanks are in the game twice.... :shrug:

As I said, however, I just imported what I was given.

This will be corrected in my roster patch 1.0. I estimate patch to be ready end of week this week. Most time consuming issue is filling out the 22 man rosters to 25 on the 28 teams where required. I have 14 teams done so far, but it is a hand-editing, tedious process...

C

This will be corrected in my roster patch 1.0. I estimate patch to be ready end of week this week. Most time consuming issue is filling out the 22 man rosters to 25 on the 28 teams where required. I have 14 teams done so far, but it is a hand-editing, tedious process...

C

Cool. Will the patch fix any of the other errors mentioned on these forums or does it "simply" (although there is nothing simple about it!) fill out the 22-man rosters?

Can you let me know when you are done with this? We're thinking about a possible TC4, which would be a much smaller release that will include some updated rosters, a few more portraits, audios and faces. I was planning to start updating the rosters today, but if you're already doing this, I'll wait until you're done so that I don't duplicate any of your work or end up two separate rosters, yours with all teams at 25 players and mine with roster tweaks made, but some teams still at 22 players.

Jim,

The patch will address any of the issues logged in the thread I created on this forum - TC3 - roster corrections. Here is the link:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=14740.html

So, any and all issues should be logged there. Of course, if I see something in another thread, I will address it, but I am going to be looking at that one main thread mostly...

C

Jim,

The patch will address any of the issues logged in the thread I created on this forum - TC3 - roster corrections. Here is the link:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=14740.html

So, any and all issues should be logged there. Of course, if I see something in another thread, I will address it, but I am going to be looking at that one main thread mostly...

C

Great. When you finish bumping the teams from 22 to 25-man rosters, will you provide a list of teams modified and players added? If you want to just e-mail that to Tony and me, that's fine. The reason I'm asking is that we'll want to add portraits, if possible (or at worst case a team logo), for the newly added players. It's nice not to have to look at that blank portrait for any of the TC3 players and I'd like to continue that for any rosters going forward.

Great. When you finish bumping the teams from 22 to 25-man rosters, will you provide a list of teams modified and players added? If you want to just e-mail that to Tony and me, that's fine. The reason I'm asking is that we'll want to add portraits, if possible (or at worst case a team logo), for the newly added players. It's nice not to have to look at that blank portrait for any of the TC3 players and I'd like to continue that for any rosters going forward.

Yes...Tony has actually already emailed me on this...

I imported the 77 Yanks again. The 78 Yanks did appear twice in the roster set. The 77 team is now complete and ready to go. There are a handful (<5) players without portraits as you will see when I send to you and Tony later.

C

Archived