Updated: Songs Of The Day - June, 2009

Deathnotronic

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some odd reason, I have gotten in the mood to listen to rap. Can ya'll help me out and tell me some good artists and/or songs that I should look into?

Really depends what you want to hear. If you want some old school stuff, hit up Jurassic 5, Slick Rick, Eric B. and Rakim or, for a slightly funkier touch, EPMD. N.W.A., 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G. and most of the early-mid 90's stuff is pretty solid, too, while if you want some really good new stuff...hmm...good luck finding it. :(

My track of the day is Ciara and Petey Pablo - My Goodies. (Lyrics suck, but the beat is hot and Petey Pablo rides it well.)

Guest JWClubbie

Really depends what you want to hear. If you want some old school stuff, hit up Jurassic 5, Slick Rick, Eric B. and Rakim or, for a slightly funkier touch, EPMD. N.W.A., 2Pac, Notorious B.I.G. and most of the early-mid 90's stuff is pretty solid, too, while if you want some really good new stuff...hmm...good luck finding it. :(

My track of the day is Ciara and Petey Pablo - My Goodies. (Lyrics suck, but the beat is hot and Petey Pablo rides it well.)

Wu-Tang

Gangstarr

Wild Child

Mos Def

Prince Paul

For some odd reason, I have gotten in the mood to listen to rap. Can ya'll help me out and tell me some good artists and/or songs that I should look into?

Do you want the instumental east-coast style, or more techno west-coast?

My favorites are Kanye West and Royce Da 5'9"

Tribe Time, juding by the front page, we got exacly (sp) the same music taste!

Yep, that mix is pretty old though. I barely listen to the 'popular radio rap' stuff anymore. Though it is pretty cool that I had Stay High by Three Six Mafia on my mix months before the song became popular. Damn Copycats!

Archived