Governator Denies ex-Crip Leader's Appeal on Death Sentence

Kriegz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't he up for the nobel peace prize? I'd say that is a 180 alright. And what does this show the kids who are in gangs now? That no matter what you do to repent your sins, they'll kill ya anyway. I say just have him serve out his life sentence and get some use out of the guy!

It was a series of two seperate robberies over a two week period. So what if he hasn't admitted to it, he has admitted to founding the Crips which is almost as horrifying. The media glamourizes gangs, and you have actors like Jamie Fox sticking up for Tookie. I commend him for seeminly turning his life around, and doing some good, but it probably would have been nice if the four pople he killed could have done the same.

How many lives is he indirectly responsonible for snuffing out? He is the founder of one of the most notorious gangs in America. He can write all the children's literature that he wants...but that isn't going to bring back the people he killed. I admit, neither is killing the man, but that is what he was sentenced too. He had 26 years since he was sentenced, those four people had none.

I agree with you, djeagles11. He can't bring back the people he murdered. So I think he should server out his life sentence, but not sentence to death.

And he is the founder of one of the most notorious gangs in America so...eventhought he have changed, he still did it.

This is kinda off-topic, but can you guys do the C-Walk?

I can do it, but I do it as a DANCE, not a gang-signature!

It was a series of two seperate robberies over a two week period. So what if he hasn't admitted to it, he has admitted to founding the Crips which is almost as horrifying. The media glamourizes gangs, and you have actors like Jamie Fox sticking up for Tookie. I commend him for seeminly turning his life around, and doing some good, but it probably would have been nice if the four pople he killed could have done the same.

How many lives is he indirectly responsonible for snuffing out? He is the founder of one of the most notorious gangs in America. He can write all the children's literature that he wants...but that isn't going to bring back the people he killed. I admit, neither is killing the man, but that is what he was sentenced too. He had 26 years since he was sentenced, those four people had none.

What good does killing him do, does it bring back thoose 4 people?

it seems he is reabilitated, writes anti-gang books, peace prize, etc. What good does a 5th person dying do?

What good does killing him do, does it bring back thoose 4 people?

It's called justice. The good that it does is that it shows that people (others) will not think that they can do what they want to break the law & then say, well, I will do something nice later on & get away with full justice.

Moreover I am not against repentance. I think that G-D put that concept into the world. But that is for G-D to know what he did or did not do. We are human beings who can't read minds. Do YOU ("you" here means any person) know that he truly repented? I don't. I don't believe anybody can. We only see what he decides to show.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, what do I know?

It's called justice. The good that it does is that it shows that people (others) will not think that they can do what they want to break the law & then say, well, I will do something nice later on & get away with full justice.

Moreover I am not against repentance. I think that G-D put that concept into the world. But that is for G-D to know what he did or did not do. We are human beings who can't read minds. Do YOU ("you" here means any person) know that he truly repented? I don't. I don't believe anybody can. We only see what he decides to show.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, what do I know?

I agree 100% with you. I believe that he should be executed not only because he killed those people, but because it will show people the bad stuff that happens to you as a result of joining gangs. Murdering people is wrong, and I believe that if you kill someone, you should be killed yourself. That's just my opinion, though. In the world today, the good things you do will not erase the bad things you do. And that's the way it should be.

actually last i heard it is something like 8 times cheaper to serve a life term than execute... with the death penatly, there are numerous more appeals you have to take regardless if you want them or not which costs tons and tons of money... plus your last week or so and especially your last day are pretty much serving you whatever you freakin want at the expense of the ppl who convicted you... anyways... personally, i have religous convictions against capital punishment (i know its odd, because im a conservative:) ), but thats a whole nother issue... if you wanna discuss that with me... send me a pm

it seems he is reabilitated, writes anti-gang books, peace prize, etc. What good does a 5th person dying do?

If Osama bin Laden was found and he started writing children's books telling them not to be terrorists, would you still be saying to let him go?

If Osama bin Laden was found and he started writing children's books telling them not to be terrorists, would you still be saying to let him go?

Nobody ever said to let him loose. If Osama was consistantly preaching against terror, I might consider a life sentence, but what he did was a little worse than this gang leader. Kookie didn't change the way of life so drasticly in an entire country.

I bet Jamie Foxx, Snoop Dogg and Rev. Jesse Jackson will be outraged. I just feel bad for the victim's families that they have to see all these celebrities fight for a murderer. I hope the families finally have some peace.

A friend of mine told me CRIPS stood for California Revolution in Progress. Any truth to this and what it means?

man, osama could do backflips in my back yard wearing a mattingly for president tatoo on his right shoulder, doing stunts with captain america's shield -- and i still would give him a life sentence.

that just goes to show u -- dont start a gang, join one.

man, osama could do backflips in my back yard wearing a mattingly for president tatoo on his right shoulder, doing stunts with captain america's shield -- and i still would give him a life sentence.

that just goes to show u -- dont start a gang, join one.

Just to clarify my my post, I meant I would consider life sentence rather than death penalty. No way a sane man would let either of those 2 loose at any point in thier lives.

you know what, if osama made a baseball game for the pc and called it

el quadia stickball -- then maybe i'd spare him.

and im not trying to be funny, here -- im serious.

let's see how far this "el quadia stickball" can go.

The moment he quits with it, i'm shouting off with his head.

I bet Jamie Foxx, Snoop Dogg and Rev. Jesse Jackson will be outraged. I just feel bad for the victim's families that they have to see all these celebrities fight for a murderer. I hope the families finally have some peace.

A friend of mine told me CRIPS stood for California Revolution in Progress. Any truth to this and what it means?

I'm not agreeing with him here, but Kanye West could have a decent argument for his "comment" after this case. Race card is abused but in this instance I could see why people would use it, still, not saying that those people are right. I personally just don't like the lethal injection idea at all. First of all, it is murder, any way you look at it. 2 wrongs don't make a right. It costs more than a life sentence. Plus, I know if I was a criminal, I would rather be killed than live the rest of my life in a living hell. I think whoever came up with the concept that the death penalty was worse than a life sentence was stoned.

you know what, if osama made a baseball game for the pc and called it

el quadia stickball -- then maybe i'd spare him.

and im not trying to be funny, here -- im serious.

let's see how far this "el quadia stickball" can go.

The moment he quits with it, i'm shouting off with his head.

Is the game moddable? That would be the deciding factor if I was on the jury. :lol:

Archived