Bubble gum in old baseball card packs OK to eat???

UncleMo

The correct answer to Mo's question is that you should not eat gum of any kind -- you should chew it and spit it out.

--Eric

I've been waiting for this response. Co-signed! :lol:

By the way, why the hell is the card in such bad condition?

Yuk, don't they have the gum and the card in seperate sections of the package?

Where is that throwing up emoticon when you need it? :wink:

That makes me sad. To think that there is genration that doesn't have gum in their cards, but now there is an inbetween genration that thinks the gum should be kept seperate from the cards. Thats' not a melt mark it is the natural by products of the gum degenerating on to the back of the gum, theporous card has "sucked" the nutrients from the gum.

The best was wax packs would leave the last card in the pack with a rough waxy coat on the back as though a candle had been dropped on it.

Delving into this really deep I blame Score for ruining baseball cards. While Topps, Fleer and Donruss is what I grew up with a new company came around in 88 called score their cards came in a plastic pack that was sealed at the top with heat not wax. The next year Upper Deck introduced foil packs and the wax pack went the way of the dinosaur. Shortly there after brown cardboard was replaced witha synthetic photo paper and baseball cards have lost their novelty. What a shame.

Archived