Bubble gum in old baseball card packs OK to eat???

UncleMo

Hi. I am in possession of a brand new pack of cards, 1986 Topps, and I want to open the cards to see who is in there. My Secret Santa brought me a few packs of cards and I want to know if it is OK to eat the bubble gum, after it is nearly 20 years old.

Any ideas on the shelf life of bubble gum?

Sure, go for it. Just make sure you video tape it, have someone close by at all times, and if anything funny happens, get them to spread the video all over the internet.

Of course, they will have to do it since you'll be confined to a hospital bed for a while but whatever. :lol:

Sure, go for it. Just make sure you video tape it, have someone close by at all times, and if anything funny happens, get them to spread the video all over the internet.

Of course, they will have to do it since you'll be confined to a hospital bed for a while but whatever. :lol:

:lmao:

I was thinking the same thing. Almost like gambling on milk after the due date.

I think the last time I've actually chewed on a piece of baseball card gum was in 1991. I don't have fond memories. The gum was like a Wrigley's in style but very, very rigid. Actually, it reminds me of communion bread in the way it just breaks apart as you bite. I think the wax of wrapper contributes to an "interesting" flavor.

They weren't good new in 1991 new, so 20 years later would probably be a "risk"

I cannot lie: I ate the gum from several packs of 1986 and 87 Topps pack I bought off of Ebay last year. It didn't taste bad, and I am alive, but the gum just crumbles upon putting pressure on the stick. It was kind of gross but survivable.

safety i don't know about - but i once ate a peanut butter cup that was a year and a half old...and it tasted like a goat crapped in a wrapper, then sold it as a peanut butter cup.

so in conclusion - no, don't eats the gums.

I'm concerned that you know what goat dung tastes like... 8O

:D:D :D

Archived