mickey mantle

josh07039

I have two question:

1. Does anyone else think that 73 is too slow for him?

Ive seen documentaries, and talked to my dad about it. All concur that, especially when he came up, he was really fast.

2. Is there a way to edit his age so he can be use in owner mode as like an 18 year old?

I tried in mvpedit and i tried to edit him to 18 and 17 and he went down to 28 in owner moder for some reason.

I agree. From what I read, Mantle was very fast. 73 isn't bad, but it could have been a little more. For example, the 1953 version Mantle should be faster than the 1961 version because he was hurt more in later years.

I actually watched his yankeeography esterday, and even in his last year, after all the injuries, he was still pretty fast.

I actually watched his yankeeography esterday, and even in his last year, after all the injuries, he was still pretty fast.

No, he really wasn't. He had trouble getting around the bases. After he tore his knee on that drainage tile, he was never at the quickness he was built up to have. Sure, he wasn't Frank Thomas out there running the bases, but he also wasn't 'quick'. I'd equate his speed to that of ARod's now. Not fast, but fast enough to get the job done.

From what I have seen and read the "Mick" was fast between bases

as in score from second or going from 1st to 3rd on a base hit but he

was not a threat to steal after the "drain pipe" event. Prior to that he

was put in the Cobb category but without the data to support that

comparison its hard to really tell.

Archived