Total Classics Phase 5 F.A.Q Thread

fuzzone

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I would like to say thank you to all who spent time working on Total Classics - this is awesome.

I had seen this question asked for earlier versions of TC - the in-game individual statistics do not show up for some of the teams during games (the '27 Yankees, '80 Philles, etc). The batting averages are all .000 - someone earlier had said it might not work for the teams assigned to minor league slots.

Is there a way to fix this? In-game stats for all the teams would be icing on the cake for me. Thanks!

First I would like to say thank you to all who spent time working on Total Classics - this is awesome.

I had seen this question asked for earlier versions of TC - the in-game individual statistics do not show up for some of the teams during games (the '27 Yankees, '80 Philles, etc). The batting averages are all .000 - someone earlier had said it might not work for the teams assigned to minor league slots.

Is there a way to fix this? In-game stats for all the teams would be icing on the cake for me. Thanks!

The in-game stats do not show up for ANY of the teams in the minor league slots, even if you assign stats to the players with MVPEdit. Nothing we've tried allows the stats for these teams to appear. There must be something in the MVP2005 game engine (which we have not modded in TC) that prevents stats from the minor league teams from appearing.

I can get the stats to show up, but you could not be able to play a danasty with the roster.

Maybe if a special schedule was made

Kraw, you got the stats to show up in exhibition for the minor league slotted teams? Would you mind sharing how? My interest in this project is in playing the exhibition games rather than the dynasties with them, so if you could tell me how to get the stats, I'd appreciate it.

edit the team.dat file with a text editor

Here is the start of the file

0 unique_team,1 team_location,2 team_long_name,3 team_short_name,4 team_league,
here is the 27 yankees
00b87f800,0 27Y,1 New York,2 '27 Yankees,3 27Y,4 2,
change it to
00b87f800,0 27Y,1 New York,2 '27 Yankees,3 27Y,4 1,

value for 4 (team_league) needs to be changed from a 2 to a 1

0 will also work

here is the 27 yankees
change it to

0 will also work

Thanks Kraw that worked. I appreciate it. :)

I'm simply amazed at this project and the 06 project. I havent touched my xbox since picking up the pc version of this great game.

A quick couple of questions:

1) Is there any way to unlock the old stadiums without earning all of those mvp points??

2) Can you play a season with total classics? How do you keep players from moving up or down in the minor system and distorting the rosters?

Thanx in advance. Again I'm in awe of this project.

Tony

Create a Player Unlockables

These codes are entered as the first and last name when you create a player. First code in "" is the first name and second code in "" is the last name.

Credit goes to five of mvpmods for finding these codes.

"KATIE" "ROY" Unlocks all MVP Rewards

"NEVERLOSE" "SIGHT" Unlocks the Green Jersey (a.k.a The St. Patrick's Day Jersey) for the Boston Red Sox

here is the 27 yankees
change it to

0 will also work

Thanks Kraw for your help. Is there a certain text editor that you recommend for this type of editing? Also, can I do this step for every one of the "minor league" teams that don't have in game stats - change the value from 4 to 1 or 0? That's ok if I can't play a dynasty, I'm just using these for exhibition games.

As to my above post the reason I ask this is because I have noticed something when it comes to the faces. Joe Rudi and Ron Cey both use cyberface #638, and that face looks more like Rudi then Cey to me. So what number is Ron Cey supposed to be using, or are they supposed to look that much alike?

May I have a link to the exact page in the thread where it lists what teams are in the TC mod. FOr example, if I wanted to see if the 1991 Braves are in the mod and where they are (A, AAA, MLB level) I'd appreicate it.

Hi guys.

Can you play a season/dynasty with these teams. If so, can you prevent callups/send downs with the "minor league" teams. It looks like you can disable trades.

Thanx in advance.

tony

here is the 27 yankees
change it to

0 will also work

Well I finally figured out what I was doing wrong - I was editing the wrong team.dat file. If anyone else made the same mistake - make sure you edit the team.dat file in the data/database folder. Also, be sure to back up the original file before you edit it in case you want to play a dynasty later. Thanks guys you've been a great help.

Archived